Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TRS vs. TS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mastering & Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
microlemmy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: TRS vs. TS Reply with quote

Total newbie question and forgive me because i know its probablly been discussed. but does it hurt anything to use TRS cables in TS inputs and outputs? Thanks
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats actually fine. What happens is that the "ring" section actually floats and doesn't make contact with the circuit, so you can use TRS cables instead of TS. However, I do not believe you can do the opposite...
synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roblabs wrote:
However, I do not believe you can do the opposite...

Yes, you can, but that would result in a higher sensitivity to asymmetrical noise and a potential 6 dB worsening in noise figures. Might be tolerable on short cable runs and a comparatively noise free environment. However, not all equipment can handle this without adjustment, so the rule of thumb is as roblabs alluded to: don't do it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mastering & Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: