Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wolf-Ray - My Golden Girl - January '12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CharlesFerraro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Wolf-Ray - My Golden Girl - January '12 Reply with quote

This was inspired by my big ol' red nose pitbull http://soundcloud.com/wolf-ray/my-golden-girl

The first pad you hear is from this synth called Alchemy by Camel Audio. Its based off a tutorial by Dan Worrall and I tried reprogramming the patch on the RADIAS and then layered the two for a super pad!
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, this really sounds good. I like the vocal special-effects, the stuttering effect is good here. The mix is strong in the midrange and upper levels, I'd put a bit more umph to the kick if I was gonna remix this. But I'd say it's a focused and nicely executed. It could even be extended more, maybe take some of your ideas here and expand them, or re-introduce them later on. Nice job once again.
album cover
Pumpkin King

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice little relaxing tune here. Pretty meditative, and interesting. Yeah, this could easily be extended a bit more, and I think it'd be an advantage to do so since it's so relaxing. I didn't want it to end so soon since it put me in a nice little trance. I think best part of this is the nice synth pads you have flowing in there.

One thing though that I think it needs is chimes here and there.

But yeah, great work man!
CharlesFerraro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

f*ck*ng chimes! really wish I thought of that now.

As for reintroducing ideas, I could have gone and extended this with another verse but the ebb and flow of the song depends on the pads which are pretty repetitive. Two minutes was an okay length to keep it interesting without struggling for ideas and running the risk of monotony.

The two suggestions about the length and kick georgeinar are things I think you've pointed out in the past. I may need to change my mixing habits to bring out the kick more since it and the bass are almost always the first things I start with. When I then focus on the midrange and backings I may turn them up too much resulting in a loss of low end. And I think my songs are generally shorter because I just want to get them done. Don't like spending more than a week on the whole sound design > recording > arrangement > mixdown > master process.
georgeinar
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, a week? (just kidding) A week is the perfect amount of time for an initial draft for a song idea and to test out whether your idea will take wings eventually and fliy. However, as in my case, when I am expecting to develop these germs into actual songs on a cd which I hope will fly off the shelves, then it takes much more time. If you're just practicing and experimenting then a week is a good amount of time, but IMO it is most fun to take each song project as far as it can go, utilizing the various thoughts that come to you later on as you re-listen to them and brainstorm. I am right now going over all my unproduced songs and tweaking a note, or remastering for more bass or a bigger sound, anything to make each song worth it for someone to pay itunes to download and for them to feel that each song is filled with love and care and thoughtfulness and (hopefully) a touch of genius. I've been listening lately to Deadmau5, and their songs are very repetitive and seem simply to repeat maybe 3 times, like the intro developing into a techno beat then dissolves, and this happens 3 times. But it's fun when you're dancing around as there's a lot to sink your dance teeth into. I bet it did get monotonous to the people producing the sound in the studio though. The main thing with their stuff is how good the finished product sounds.
album cover
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> One song a month – One year Contract All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: