Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg M01

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG - Nintendo DS/3DS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Korg M01 Reply with quote

Since the Korg M01 cartridge has full compatibility with all regions (or at least N America and Japan, as far as I know), I've been thinking about grabbing an import.

Has anyone used this, and if so, can you provide a detailed review, pros/cons, etc.

Its a bit pricey as an import so I'd like to get some user feedback.

Thanks
djcactus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its great if you already own a copy of ds-10, m01 cannot be sync'd and cannot exchange data with ds-10 BUT if you press play at the same time they will not go out of sync.(true test of dj skill)

Alright about the software.
pros: Songs can be almost as long as you want them to be. There is a data usage percentage in the top right and when it hits 0 you cant write anymore, ive yet to see anything below 50% used.

Patterns can be set from 1 step to 64, which is 4 times longer then the ds-10.

every channel is polyphonic

drums only take up one instrument slot

drums can also be played on a kaoss screen now as well.

cons: Samples can be a little cheesy. The worskstation this software is based on is a little dated at this point, it does a pretty good job emulating it.

the fx are pretty limited and i would have liked them to be more fun to play with. I guess it shouldnt be fun but the process doesnt feel creative.

the price. For what your paying for you dont get to program the sounds individually like you used to in ds-10. Though you have more channels to work with and a bigger canvas as well, you will be forced to choose from banks of samples.(quite a few and additions to the original m1 too)

Overview: its not all bad, i enjoy using m01 with ds-10+ they sync pretty easy i cant say painlessly but i can get the job done. I like alot of the samples and they go along great with my set up. I do wish it had a little more "omph" for my money but im not upset with my purchase. If i could do it again i probably would have got it.

I hope this gives you some answers.

ps- i have an american ds and dsi and it works on both, the ds lite doesnt have region blocking the dsi does, if it has dsi specific functions it wont be able to run it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG - Nintendo DS/3DS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: