Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Loading Triton Extreme Sounds into KRONOS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
salomao

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Loading Triton Extreme Sounds into KRONOS Reply with quote

Hello

Is there any way I could use/import some sounds from my Triton EX to my KRONOS (I just got mine today!!! )?

There is a brass sound I love in my Triton (Octave Brass Expression) and I can't find anything similar on KRONOS.

If there is a way, please let me know...

Salomao
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, the Kronos uses different synth engines than the Triton series.

Until someone creates a conversion utility... not gonna happen.
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's nothing to stop you sampling the multisamples of those particular sounds from the TEX and creating new programs inside the Kronos.

There is no direct compatibility with the PCG data from TEX but most of the rompler engine parameters of the Kronos and TEX will be very similar to copy over manually,or at least get close to the TEX sounds using the multisample data,its a little painstaking but perfectly feasible with some imagination.
salomao

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There's nothing to stop you sampling the multisamples of those particular sounds from the TEX and creating new programs inside the Kronos.

There is no direct compatibility with the PCG data from TEX but most of the rompler engine parameters of the Kronos and TEX will be very similar to copy over manually,or at least get close to the TEX sounds using the multisample data,its a little painstaking but perfectly feasible with some imagination.

I wich I could know how to do that. In fact, there is just this specific sound (Octave Brass Expression) I would like to "port" into my KRONOS.
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well in basic terms....

You need to plug the audio outputs of the TEX into the Kronos inputs,select the sound on TEX you want to copy over.

Go to sampling mode on the Kronos,set a good level on the input stage,(As hot as possible without overloading the inputs)then sample every C Key across the Key range of the sound in TEX,then assign those samples to an Octave key range in the multisample index of sampling mode on the kronos,repeat this until you have sampled every C key in the Range.

Go into program mode and assign those multi samples you made into a program then copy the same parameter settings from the TEX.
kid_nepro_2002
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kontrol49 wrote:
Go to sampling mode on the Kronos,set a good level on the input stage,(As hot as possible without overloading the inputs)then sample every C Key across the Key range of the sound in TEX,then assign those samples to an Octave key range in the multisample index of sampling mode on the kronos,repeat this until you have sampled every C key in the Range.

There is a bit more to it then that. The problem is that if your sampling most anything other then drums, your gonna have to loop the sample - or else when you play the keys on Kronos it will only play for as long as your original sample.

Looping can be a challenge even on your computer. I've never tried it on Kronos, but I would imagine it's difficult getting the loop points to play seamlessly - especially if your new to this.

If you have an audio card on your computer, I would invest in some software which will do all that for you. There are a few good ones for PC's like sample robot or extreme sample converter which covers all of that. I just found a great one for the Mac that I've been using called Auto Sampler. It does everything for you and even converts the files to several popular formats like Kontakt & Reason once it's done. Sorry, no support for Kronos, but it will spit out perfectly looped wave files that you can import into Kronos and set up as multi samples.

More info at:

http://www.redmatica.com/Redmatica/AutoSampler.html

Check out the video demo. Very impressive. Once you have the looped wave files, just follow the instructions in this tutorial and you will be all set.

http://www.kidnepro.com/blog/korg-kronos-tutorial-working-with-samples/

Hope this helps. Good Luck! Cool

New Sound Libraries For Korg Synths
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sample robot 4 (similar in function to Redmaticas Mac-program) will support Korg sample format with a new version (free update for sample robot 4 owners), which is announced for end of february.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: