Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

a DAW is the best friend for the Korg Kronos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:40 am    Post subject: a DAW is the best friend for the Korg Kronos Reply with quote

Fervent user of the internal sequencer of Kronos, I was, for the song on which I worked, short in the number of voices authorized in the sequencer of my Kronos. So I sent in the sequencer of my DAW (sequoia) the first 5 tracks only, then follows the next five and, finally, the last 6 tracks.
I do not know if I am the only one to think it but: a DAW is the best friend of Korg Kronos
Very Happy

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have made a lot of songs on the Kronos sequencer but I had a hard time erasing them. I guess it's just me but for some reason I just can't part with them even though the songs are finished and up on Soundcloud.

Also, for some reason I could not delete them from the hard drive to make more space for new songs.

Could use some help here I think!
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
Rigel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a DAW, I record all my work on a Portastudio and use my Kronos as a sequencer and center of my MIDI stuff I have. I am very satisfied with my setup and I think it is very productive and fast compared to a DAW+computer which I hate to see. (I work with computers all day, and don't want to spend one more minute with them..!)
Korg KronosX73, Kurzweil PC3K6, Roland V-Synth GT, Kawai K5000S, Waldorf Blofeld, Novation Ultranova, Behringer Neutron, Yamaha HS80M, Boss Micro BR80, Zoom H6, Sony PCM D100, Tascam DP32SD, Mackie 1202VLZ4, Zoom MS-70CDR, Rode NT1, Sony MDR 7506.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For now, I'm using a DAW only for VST extra effects that are not provided in the Kronos as space reverb, for example. I'm using Eventide Black Hole VST.
I'm using some VST instrument that I sample in the Kronos too.
But I'm still using the Kronos sequencer.
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to think that using a computer with a DAW would be to time consuming. Getting it up and running, calling up the DAW, getting everything ready to record. I thought that would take forever. Turns out I was wrong.
Now, I turn on my Kronos, turn on my computer, load my DAW and call up a template that I made. By the time my Kronos is up and running, so is everything else. No time lost.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeremykeys wrote:
I have made a lot of songs on the Kronos sequencer but I had a hard time erasing them. I guess it's just me but for some reason I just can't part with them even though the songs are finished and up on Soundcloud.

Also, for some reason I could not delete them from the hard drive to make more space for new songs.

Could use some help here I think!

can't let go of those old songs ? Wink

DISK/Utility, highlight the Song file, press delete from the menu
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: