Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Could you please recommend VST's to Accompany my Kronos
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KronosSoundDesigns

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Could you please recommend VST's to Accompany my Kronos Reply with quote

I am about to purchase either a Kronos 88 or 73 depending on how much my tax refund will be and some VST software to accompany the Kronos. I need an orchestral softsynth plugin and a Choir plugin. Here is my question to all of you here. There are tons of software packages out there and i need to know which is best for the buck out of the following or your opinions on others.

IK multimedias Total Studio 2 Bundle
East West's Symphony/Choir 2 separate VST's about $500 ea.
Vienna's Choir VST for about $500,
Omnisphere
NI Komplete 8 Ultimate.

I am looking to create some big soundtrack type songs to break into the video game music scene. With music like the Darksiders soundtrack, or God of War III stuff.
Casio HT-3000, Korg Wavestation, Roland Juno-D, Korg NS5R, Korg X-50, Korg Kontroller 49, Akai MPK 88, Korg M50, Korg Radias, Atmosphere, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, East West Studios various instruments, Roland Juno-Gi, Yamaha MOX8, Kronos 7.

Last edited by KronosSoundDesigns on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Recommended VST's to Accompany my Kronos Reply with quote

KronosSoundDesigns wrote:
I am looking to create some big soundtrack type songs to break into the video game music scene.

Two preliminary questions:

1.) Do you have professional experience composing and recording music?

2.) Do you have connections within the video game industry?
KronosSoundDesigns

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In regards to question 1, i consider myself a professional to the extent that I have created music that is pro-quality, but as far getting paid for it, never.

question 2, I do have Todd Hollenshead's email the CEO of ID Software creators of Doom. 2,3 , Quake 1 2 3 4 and RAGE and back in the day we talked back and forth for a couple times. My niece works at googles HQ ......LOL....no seriously she does...that might help in the end.

Check out my Recordings below in my Reverb Nation Player, do they sound Professional to you?

<object></object>
ComScore
Casio HT-3000, Korg Wavestation, Roland Juno-D, Korg NS5R, Korg X-50, Korg Kontroller 49, Akai MPK 88, Korg M50, Korg Radias, Atmosphere, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, East West Studios various instruments, Roland Juno-Gi, Yamaha MOX8, Kronos 7.
KronosSoundDesigns

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, lots of views and no suggestions.....hmmm, does that mean that Kronos owners think there is no need for an Orhestral or good Choir Vst to go along with the Kronos? I haven't heard any classical pieces from the kronos yet or how the choirs sound, so bear with me.
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read my Signature.
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, lots of views and no suggestions.....hmmm, does that mean that Kronos owners think there is no need for an Orhestral or good Choir Vst to go along with the Kronos?

As a business owner, I'd suggest finding projects that will make you some money with your Kronos first.

Then invest in software (if needed) after that.
KronosSoundDesigns

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BasariStudios wrote:
Just read my Signature.

whoa, you got some of the ones i mentioned and i think i remember your productions sounding great! I see EWQL series there and Komplete. Your lucky!

and Synthoid you have a good point. I am wondering though are you saying that because the Kronos will do everything i need?
Bach42t

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own and use several East West libraries. I would also recommend using what you have before investing in a lot of software. The software is good, but you have a powerhouse already with your Kronos.
Melodialworks Music
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omnisphere.
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synthoid you have a good point. I am wondering though are you saying that because the Kronos will do everything i need?

If you add the Kronos to what you already have listed below your posts, you'll have plenty to start with.

First of all, you'll need a music and sound effects "portfolio" that you can present (and post online) to prospective clients. They will ask what experience you have... whether it's creating scores for commercials, documentaries, video games, etc. This isn't something you just "walk in the front door and get hired" to do. Competition is fierce, plus some companies create their own music/SFX in-house.

I assume you already know in order to make real money doing this (in most cases), you'll need to successfully compose, record, and master everything yourself.

Cool
Chriskk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Check out my Recordings below in my Reverb Nation Player, do they sound Professional to you?

Absolutely. They sound better and more polished than 99.9% of typical user demos.
jamsire

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Well, I say..................... Reply with quote

You really don't need anything else than your Kronos.

Who else is gonna have the sound of the Kronos - trying to do what you do? No one.

If you feel you MUST get something, then just get KONTAKT and some libraries for that. Why get sample libraries THAT EVERYONE is using??? Sound unique - and stay there. Oh yeah, get some sound design chops together as well.

Seriously dude - Kronos is more than enough. You should get a book on video game music production.
Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a soft spot for Komplete because of Kontakt's large sample base, perhaps you can get only Kontakt as a standalone.

I have IK Total Studio 2 but a little disapointed by the quality of the samples.

Not familiar with the others in your list.

But seriously, with Omnisphere alone you'd be busy for a "very" loooong time and according to reviews, it's way up there in everyone's favorites.

After listening to your pads, I'd go with Omnisphere.
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

based on your demos i would say Omnisphere.
Lando

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omnisphere is amazing and a must imo.

Vienna Special edition is extremely underpriced and great if you want to add acoustic strings/woodwinds/brass to some of your stuff. Even if you don't work primarily with orchestral music it can be good for adding a solo cello line or something like that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: