Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Could you please recommend VST's to Accompany my Kronos
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff Gibbs

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ominsphere, the choirs, symphonic style strings, and guitars are very realistic and complement the weaknesses of the Kronos/Oasys well.
I have far more expensive sample based VST's and for these instruments the sound plus ease of use Omnisphere beats them for my taste.
My go to VST synths are G-force's Minimonsta and Imposcar.
KronosSoundDesigns

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i gotta say thank you to all of you, for your advice and compliments on my tunes. Actually alot of that was done with Omnisphere on my previous computer that by the skin of its teeth let me run two or three instances at a time. As far as my signature goes, that is all stuff I have owned in the past and have experience with. Times are tuff and unlike a professional violinist never selling their strat, i had to sell most of that to pay bills. I am determined however that if taxes go good this year and i can buy the Kronos, that I will never sell it, and i mean Never!

Here is my current setup, a Roland A800PRO controller and Korg Legacy DE, Nexus2, and Steinbergs Hypersonic 2, and I gotta tell yah i cant wait to get my refund back, lol.
Casio HT-3000, Korg Wavestation, Roland Juno-D, Korg NS5R, Korg X-50, Korg Kontroller 49, Akai MPK 88, Korg M50, Korg Radias, Atmosphere, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, East West Studios various instruments, Roland Juno-Gi, Yamaha MOX8, Kronos 7.
Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't realize you had Omnisphere already, since you included it in your list.

Last edited by Dniss on Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:40 am; edited 1 time in total
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an overall Sampler in my opinion i think Omnisphere is still the King of ALL
at least for now...now if you get into speciffic Libraries like the likes of EWQL,
SampleLogic and others, then its a different story.
Bach42t

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an example of EWQL Symphonic Orchestra and Storm Drum 2 which I composed for a film currently in distribution. The samples are just so good. I think the Kronos will compliment quite well for future projects.

KronosSoundDesigns

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! Bach that was awesome, as good as the demo's on the EW website. My favorite parts are 0:45 and then the swell at 1:51. Yeah i've listened to all the demos on EW for the Choirs and for the Symphony Orch, i definetly want it.....and bad too......lol. Whats the name of the film? With a score like that its got to be good. Check ou the song below, i made strictly with the Juno Gi, and is one of my first classical pieces. I wrote it for the weather channel lady because she said she was studying ballroom dancing, on her facebook blog. Embarassed

Casio HT-3000, Korg Wavestation, Roland Juno-D, Korg NS5R, Korg X-50, Korg Kontroller 49, Akai MPK 88, Korg M50, Korg Radias, Atmosphere, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, East West Studios various instruments, Roland Juno-Gi, Yamaha MOX8, Kronos 7.
Bach42t

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job! That is some thick orchestration. The Gi sounds are very good. I was always impressed with Roland orchestral sounds out of the box.

The film is called "As Night Falls". Hopefully an official release soon!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-u16TkIFBA&list=UU-8xH1Sywj_vWnmTQhk8hdA&index=1&feature=plcp
KronosSoundDesigns

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bach, i always wondered what other musicians would think of that piece. Yeah those are all Gi, i tweaked them a little for reverb and spacialization purposes but they were original patches. Gonna check out your vid now.
KronosSoundDesigns

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the vid! Now thats my kind of Flick.....lol. Tell me Bach, with EW VST's are they designed for multiple instances in your DAW or just one instance like the IK MM's Miroslav Philharmonik and Sample Tank.

Keep us posted when the film hits theaters or DVD too. Love it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: