Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drawbars in sequencer mode?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
countrycreek

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Drawbars in sequencer mode? Reply with quote

I've got everything fine tuned except how to set up drawbars to use in sequencer mode for the organ. Is this possible? Thanks ps this is a badass keyboard and 400,000 notes seq yeah

km 200 Hartke (2)
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could be wrong but I think it depends on what organ sound you are using. If you are using one that lets you use the drawbars then you should have no problem with writing the moves into the sequencer. I could be wrong on this though. I've never tried it. You might have to do the sequence from a program first and not a combi.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
JPROBERTLA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do this all of the time and it is easy to accomplish. You must use a CX-3 (drawbar) program. Assign this program to the midi channel you will play live. Enable the tone adjust mode and save it like that when you save the sequence. When you play along with the sequence this program will reapons to tone adjust (drawbar) manipulations.
Kronos2-88, Behringer XR18, Turbosound IP2000 (x2), dbx DriveRack 260, KRK Rokit 8s, Mackie CFX16, Mackie SRM450(x2), Mackie SRS1500 (x2), BBE processors (x4), Roland VSR 880 (x2), Alto TS210, Alto TX10 (x3) and SoundForge
countrycreek

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey finally got it that's what I was looking for this keyboard is awesome

km 200 Hartke (2)
apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this process similar for combis? it doesn't seem to be...

YouTube -
https://www.youtube.com/juliusdeberryjr

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/majesticstudiosllc

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/majesticstudios_jld/
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure and my Kronos is turned off right now but you might be able to go to the control panel and vind a setting that lets you manipulate the drawbars in combi mode. I've never tried it so I don't know for certain.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
Cpilot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works for me. I often use combi I-B-127 Jazz organ Trio and the drawbars do their stuff. I also have the FC7 foot pedal assigned to "Foot Pedal" (CC#04) and that controls the CX-3 while leaving the other instruments alone.

Bryan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: