Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Audio out via USB not working as expected
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rockstar898 wrote:
Well, he may be negative, but vortexian may be right about one thing. As I'm playing through my MIDI track in Logic, editing/quantizing what I just recorded in the piano roll editor, the KRONOS just stops sending audio out of the USB port. My Mac is no longer seeing audio signal at that point. Simply changing the program to another sound and back on the KRONOS fixes the issue.

There is no latency while it's working... It just eventually overloads(?) the KRONOS keyboard itself and it stops sending audio (MIDI notes continue to be received by Logic, even after audio cuts out). It's not big deal, although a little annoying, to cycle to a new patch and back, but unless there is some huge advantage to using audio through USB when the KRONOS editor and DAW plug-ins are released, I think I'll just continue to use standard MIDI cables and TRS 1/4" analog audio cables through my FireStudio...

Unfortunately, based on the above one can't know whether there is a problem with the KRONOS *sending* the audio, or Logic *receiving* the audio. As a troubleshooting step, the next time this happens one could switch to another audio app and see if it worked there.

- Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
vortexian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: Audio out via USB not working as expected Reply with quote

hey Dan,

has anyone at Korg considered connecting the Kronos to a mac and doing some troubleshooting?

danatkorg wrote:
rockstar898 wrote:
Well, he may be negative, but vortexian may be right about one thing. As I'm playing through my MIDI track in Logic, editing/quantizing what I just recorded in the piano roll editor, the KRONOS just stops sending audio out of the USB port. My Mac is no longer seeing audio signal at that point. Simply changing the program to another sound and back on the KRONOS fixes the issue.

There is no latency while it's working... It just eventually overloads(?) the KRONOS keyboard itself and it stops sending audio (MIDI notes continue to be received by Logic, even after audio cuts out). It's not big deal, although a little annoying, to cycle to a new patch and back, but unless there is some huge advantage to using audio through USB when the KRONOS editor and DAW plug-ins are released, I think I'll just continue to use standard MIDI cables and TRS 1/4" analog audio cables through my FireStudio...

Unfortunately, based on the above one can't know whether there is a problem with the KRONOS *sending* the audio, or Logic *receiving* the audio. As a troubleshooting step, the next time this happens one could switch to another audio app and see if it worked there.

- Dan

Mac Pro Quad core Xeon
Logic Pro 9.1
KRK VXT-8

jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny..
vortexian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Audio out via USB not working as expected Reply with quote

Laste7 wrote:
@vortexian:

Thanks again for a useless post.
I don't need you to worry about my problems.

btw. you should think about the reason, why your posts always leads to negative reactions.

Hey, back to the drawing board know-all!
Mac Pro Quad core Xeon
Logic Pro 9.1
KRK VXT-8

Laste7

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Hey vortexian, I like people who do not realize that they are embarrassing ...

and you should stop, spamming a thread which just turns in a good and helpful direction. If you have a personal problem with me, send me a pm,
but do not bore the others here...
vortexian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Audio out via USB not working as expected Reply with quote

yes, not laughing any more are we? Your comments yesterday were fairly smug, any chance you know how to fix this issue? no I thought not....you had your laughs yesterday, now its my turn 'techno whizzkid'...lolz

Laste7 wrote:
Smile Hey vortexian, I like people who do not realize that they are embarrassing ...

and you should stop, spamming a thread which just turns in a good and helpful direction. If you have a personal problem with me, send me a pm,

Mac Pro Quad core Xeon
Logic Pro 9.1
KRK VXT-8

Laste7

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Audio out via USB not working as expected Reply with quote

vortexian wrote:
yes, not laughing any more are we? Your comments yesterday were fairly smug, any chance you know how to fix this issue? no I thought not....you had your laughs yesterday, now its my turn 'techno whizzkid'...lolz

Laste7 wrote:

No vortexian, it is pretty simple, as I already said, i have another workflow and due to that, I don't have that problem. I don't have an idea right now, so I say nothing.
Something you should also think about if you have no possible solution. I will not answer to any of your posts anymore...it's a waste of time, you just want to provoke..
vortexian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Audio out via USB not working as expected Reply with quote

laste7

look at your first post back to me, and now your accusing me of wanting to provoke?, both you and rockstar both thought my post was hilarious, well now i'm laughing, I advised rockstar to use the optical outputs because in my experience the USB for audio is 'does not work' period especially when trying to simultaneously use as a midi interface (god knows why, its only chucking a stereo signal across USB, I can buy a full duplex souncard for 20 quid that will work seamlessly)
You'll note rockstar advised me to get a mac with a 'faster processor' pah hah hah, anyway, bogus technical solutions/ futile stabs in the dark aside..
liderally hours later his super fast Mac/Kronos combination was falling over....im glad, he sounds like a glib twat
its ok, keep laughing, I'm only interested in Dans response to this thread because it will be official, I mean all Korg have to do is connect a Mac running Logic to the Kronos and the problem will be there immediately (makes you wonder why that wasn't carried out during the R+D process right?) And as an end user, I don't want to be the beta tester, when I layed out £3.2K on this machine I was kind of under the impression it would integrate with current known DAWS, ie Protools, Logic etc, I think thats a fair expectation, otherwise I'd just go and buy a workstation for like 1000 bucks and not worry about the seamless integration thing because i'm not paying for it.

Laste7 wrote:
vortexian wrote:

Laste7 wrote:

No vortexian, it is pretty simple, as I already said, i have another workflow and due to that, I don't have that problem. I don't have an idea right now, so I say nothing.
Something you should also think about if you have no possible solution. I will not answer to any of your posts anymore...it's a waste of time, you just want to provoke..

Mac Pro Quad core Xeon
Logic Pro 9.1
KRK VXT-8

danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Audio out via USB not working as expected Reply with quote

vortexian wrote:
hey Dan,

has anyone at Korg considered connecting the Kronos to a mac and doing some troubleshooting?

Got one here. Never had a problem with Digital Performer + KRONOS + USB.

- Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
vortexian

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Audio out via USB not working as expected Reply with quote

Dan,

thats a pretty lame official response from a technical representative (I'm not suprised tho, it sounds like the kind of bullshit Korg UK are talking), I can only assume your blaming the Logic application as opposed to the Mac platform?, just for the record, I worked for a Korg dealer for 12 years as keyboards and Hi-tech manager and buyer, Korg made some great products and I sent lots of it out of the door, technical support was always first class, what happened? You've just proved the concept of the music workstation is dead, your not prepared to listen to your customer base and happy to hide from the clear problems the end users are suffering from. If your not prepared to help troubleshoot these problems I suggest your in the wrong business. Disgraceful.

danatkorg wrote:
vortexian wrote:
hey Dan,

Got one here. Never had a problem with Digital Performer + KRONOS + USB.

- Dan

Mac Pro Quad core Xeon
Logic Pro 9.1
KRK VXT-8

Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac i7, Logic 9, Kronos USB audio/MIDI - Had this setup for a while now with no problems whatsoever.

Check your setup, Particularly the USB cable as I had major problems with a Belkin cable with my old setup, make sure it's a decent quality one.

And please remember that this is NOT an official Korg tech support forum.
levioter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,
just for information.
I tried to use USB to pass Midi (both ways) and Audio (from Kronos to Computer) under WinXP and Cubase SX 3 but using Asio4All (last release) (128 samples) (around 8ms of latency).
I know that there is nothing to do with MAC or Logic but just the Windows guys to know.

Very Happy

Regards.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vortexian
Please see the forum rules in the very first post at the top of the Kronos section.

If you have come here with a attitude and are looking to pick a fight, you will be removed from the forum. Show some respect for your fellow forum members, including people from Korg. They are guests here too, just as you are. This is not a KORG owned forum, its a community for end users owned by an end user.

Regards
Sharp
KronosSoundDesigns

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

been reading through this thread a little and my question is, is hooking the Kronos USB to PC at the same time as the spdif/analog outs to your PC safe?

ie,

I want to hook the usb to PC to record midi, but the audio recorded portion of the kronos I want it to come from the analog outs or spdif out directly to the PC's DAW. My soundcard has analog in and optical spdif. What do you set in the global section if you want to disable audio over USB?

Just want to get a headstart cuz i wont have my kronos for a couple weeks or more, getting one with my refund.
Casio HT-3000, Korg Wavestation, Roland Juno-D, Korg NS5R, Korg X-50, Korg Kontroller 49, Akai MPK 88, Korg M50, Korg Radias, Atmosphere, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, East West Studios various instruments, Roland Juno-Gi, Yamaha MOX8, Kronos 7.
Cpilot

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if it's anything like hooking up an external keyboard to both USB and MIDI simultaneously, the system gets to choose one of them and the other one doesn't work any more. Dunno if that's the way it's supposed to be but that's how it works here.

Bryan
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KronosSoundDesigns wrote:
been reading through this thread a little and my question is, is hooking the Kronos USB to PC at the same time as the spdif/analog outs to your PC safe?

Absolutely.
Quote:
ie,
I want to hook the usb to PC to record midi, but the audio recorded portion of the kronos I want it to come from the analog outs or spdif out directly to the PC's DAW.

This is exactly how it works, unless you are using Kronos as USB Midi/Audio which you are not.
My Kronos is midi to mac via USB. My SP/DIF I/O are in and out of Kronos to Ensemble.

Read Martin Hines 2nd post of this thread for a little clarity:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?

If you are using USB to the computer for midi and analog outs to your interface, just leave Kronos set to Internal in Global/Basic.
Hook your analog outs to your interface and select the same in your computer software for Kronos audio.
Hope that helps a little..

Last edited by Lou on Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: