Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SR-1 SOS Unlimited Track Recorder - Line-In Recording Noise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GrimeTime

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: SR-1 SOS Unlimited Track Recorder - Line-In Recording Noise Reply with quote

Greetings,

I recently purchased the SR-1 unlimited track recorder. It seems to do what it says fairly well.

However I noticed when I record using the guitar input, there is a high pitched buzzing and some noise present. It doesn't vary when I adjust the volume of my instrument, and it gets worse when the FX are turned on.

Some specific details: I'm recording bass direct using a standard 1/4 cable. I've also tried bass into SansAmp DI into the recorder (with same cables).

Does anyone else encounter this issue?

Compared to another hand held recorder I have been using, this only seems to happen on the SR-1.
GrimeTime

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick update for anyone who may have the same issue:

The high pitched ringing only seems to occur when plugging instruments into the 1/4" jack. It does not occur with the 1/8" line in or Mic inputs.
John-O

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 1.5 software update seems to have helped the line in noise on most of the 1/4 inch jack line in issues. You can search for the update on the forums. It has made a huge difference in using mine.

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/sep10/articles/korg-soundonsound.htm
John-O

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject: Korg SR1 Sound on Sound Soft Ware UPDATE Reply with quote

http://www.korg.co.uk/support/downloads/sr1_dl.php
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: