Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mono output jack problem I30

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doni

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Mono output jack problem I30 Reply with quote

I30 Keyboard

I use the left /mono output jack and it seems to have a problem with it's connection. The signal is stopping when the keyboard shakes a little. If I jiggle the cable end it returns. I've used different cables and have ruled out cable problems.

I was advised that I might be able to use the headphone output but would have to use a 1/4" stereo instrument cable and not a regular mono instrument cable.
1. Is this correct and if so can the cable be connected to my mixer via a mono input?
2. If not are there any suggestions?

Thanks
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the headphones jack but get a "1/4 inch" stereo-to-mono adapter otherwise you might get some weird results or damage the keyboard.

Like this (they are cheap!!):-
http://www.t2retail.co.uk/lg_images/Dayga-T2-1_4inch_Stereo_Plug_to_1_4inch_Mono_Jack_Adapter.jpg

Cheers

Pete
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Doni

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:59 am    Post subject: i30 and 1/4" male stereo to 1/4" female cable adap Reply with quote

Pete,

Thank you for the info on my i30 1/4" output problem.
As usual though either I misunderstand or something else is going on...that is I've checked audio suppliers such as Radio Shack, Guitar Center, Musiciansfriend, etc. and cannot find an adapter that is 1/4" female mono to 1/4" male stereo. All I've found are RCA (or smaller) female to 1/4" male stereo. Do I change the cable that I use (typical 1/4" instrument cable) to something different such as a RCA cable to my powerd mixer?

Thanks again for your time. doni
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Don

Quote:
I've checked audio suppliers such as Radio Shack, Guitar Center, Musiciansfriend, etc. and cannot find an adapter that is 1/4" female mono to 1/4" male stereo

That is very odd - I have used these in the past and purchased mine from Tandy (Radio Shack).

You could buy one here (are you in the USA?):-
http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-35mm-Stereo-Plug-to-6-35mm-1-4-inch-Mono-Jack-Adapter-NEW-/390395513556?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ae562cad4#ht_2626wt_1413

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg i-Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: