Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buying a korg kronos??
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1jordyzzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Buying a korg kronos?? Reply with quote

First of all, i'm new to this forum. i have an interest to buy korg kronos. But the problem is that i live in indonesia, and there's no chance that i will test one of them. I've watched tons of youtube kronos performance video, and personally, i thought the pianos are outta this world. I need your personal opinion. I've also heard that the build quality of kronos isn't so good. Is that true? What's your experience after using kronos for a long time? is it reliable? The problem is, if it falls apart, the warranty claim in indonesia took a very-very long time. And i also noticed that kronos had faulty keybed... And i also hear that there is a fix for it.. Is it true? If its true, did the fix appear in the new kronos production?
Thanks before...
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Kronos 61 and that's been excellent for me. No issues. No problems.

Is there not a Korg Distributor in Indonesia?

If so they should look after you if you have any problems.
JPROBERTLA

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've decided on a Kronos 61 because I was concerned about the weighted keybed issues (as discussed in this forum) and got mine is late November. I have had no problems at all. Because I got the K61, I kept my Triton Studio88. The Kronos sounds, functionality, versatility & fidelity are clearly a substantial improvement as compared to the Triton. I recently got to spend considerable time with the a Motif, Fatom, and a PC63. They all sound great, but I am glad I choose the Kronos.
Kronos2-88, Behringer XR18, Turbosound IP2000 (x2), dbx DriveRack 260, KRK Rokit 8s, Mackie CFX16, Mackie SRM450(x2), Mackie SRS1500 (x2), BBE processors (x4), Roland VSR 880 (x2), Alto TS210, Alto TX10 (x3) and SoundForge
Morten'J

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tested a Kronos(61) for third time two days ago ,I do not find any build problems on it ,I find it just as good my Virus TI kb the knobs are small yes but still can make filter sweeps with out problems like on my Virus.The data wheel was great also the faders.
I was very happy only sad thing is that I order one will first get in April
TARKUS1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 1jordyzzz,
here's my experience so far. I've had my k61 since about October and absolutely love this thing. As you can see, I'm fairly new to this forum if you count my posts but I have been reading what everyone says about the unit for a while. I have not had any issues and my k61 has been on the road with me for about a dozen shows now. Of course i am the only one that handles it so I'm extra careful but it has gotten lots of movement in a short time span. Overall very pleased with this thing and it surpasses my old boards by miles (trinity, Jp8000). So far, no complaints and nothing but praise. Now if only I could figure out half of what this thing can do but that's another topic altogether.
Good luck
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one of the early ones (first shipment). It's an awesome keyboard. (61 note version).
rob314159

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1jordyzzz,

The only major issue that has been noted thus far is the potentially erratic keybed behavior (which has been hashed and rehashed many times). That is only affecting the 73/88 key versions. If you do purchase a board with the problem, it can be repaired, but as you said you're in Indonesia, so I have no idea what steps you would have to take - however, thus far the repair has been practically perfect. It's unknown whether the newer keybed is out there in the market yet, so I don't know that you can say for sure you would get a newer one.

Of course, if you are looking at a 61-key, there have been no problems with that one.

The only other issue might have been the data wheel, but I'm guessing all Kronos out there for purchase have the new data wheel? Even if you get a bum one, that's a fix you can make yourself. I have an early serial number 61-key (#118), and haven't had a problem with the data wheel or anything else for that matter.

I don't gig with the Kronos, so I can't speak to road-worthiness, if that's what you are after.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Buying a korg kronos?? Reply with quote

1jordyzzz wrote:
First of all, i'm new to this forum. i have an interest to buy korg kronos. But the problem is that i live in indonesia, and there's no chance that i will test one of them. I've watched tons of youtube kronos performance video, and personally, i thought the pianos are outta this world. I need your personal opinion. I've also heard that the build quality of kronos isn't so good. Is that true? What's your experience after using kronos for a long time? is it reliable? The problem is, if it falls apart, the warranty claim in indonesia took a very-very long time. And i also noticed that kronos had faulty keybed... And i also hear that there is a fix for it.. Is it true? If its true, did the fix appear in the new kronos production?
Thanks before...

there is a Korg distributor in Jakarta, Indonesia

did you talk to them ?
1jordyzzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Buying a korg kronos?? Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
1jordyzzz wrote:
Thanks before...

did you talk to them ?

yes i've already talked to them and they didn't aware on any of those issue.. You own 88 keys right?? how is it?? The problem is, i lived in another province outside of jakarta. If something goes wrong with my kronos, they will have to send it back to jakarta... It will took many months...

@everyonelse
i don't know, 61 is too short for me.. i'm looking for 88 key version...
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Buying a korg kronos?? Reply with quote

1jordyzzz wrote:
GregC wrote:
1jordyzzz wrote:
First of all, i'm new to this forum. i have an interest to buy korg kronos. But the problem is that i live the build quality of kronos isn't so good. Is that true? What's your experience after using kronos for a long time? is it reliable? The problem is, if it falls apart, the warranty claim in indonesia took a very-very long time. And i also noticed that kronos had faulty keybed... And i also hear that there is a fix for it.. Is it true? If its true, did the fix appear in the new kronos production?
Thanks before...

did you talk to them ?

yes i've already talked to them and they didn't aware on any of those issue.. You own 88 keys right?? how is it?? The problem is, i lived in another province outside of jakarta. If something goes wrong with my kronos, they will have to send it back to jakarta... It will took many months...
@everyonelse
i don't know, 61 is too short for me.. i'm looking for 88 key version...

My 88 is flawless . There are numerous satisfied 88 owners. I don't want to rehash the old arguments.

Your obvious best move is to visit your disti to test an 88. That will help minimize your risk.
Bruce Lychee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not buy an 88 or 73 until Korg makes it clear which keyboards have the new RH3.
1jordyzzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@greg
believe me i can't test anything here. It's buy it or not...

@bruce
It's being said at the last NAMM that every new keyboard should have the new keybed... But on which production number will korg start to do it???
robinkle

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have nothing negative to say about the build quality and reliability. There was a small issue with the dial wheel, but it I replaced it with a new one that I got from Korg for free. This is allready fixed if you buy a new Korg Kronos now. The keys, sliders, buttons and Knobs feels solid. When touching the surface of Kronos, it gives a nice quality feeling.

As for the Pianos I think the samples are great! And since there is a Piano Synth engine, you can edit the Pianos the way you want to fit your needs.

Overall I have no problems with my Kronos. The reliability and build quality is great!

But when buying anything, not only Kronos, there is allways a chance you get a faulty product. You probably are aware of that. Razz
zzzxtreme

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what other keyboards do you have? so we can give you example what the kronos can be of benefit to you (or not)
Davidb
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce Lychee wrote:
Do not buy an 88 or 73 until Korg makes it clear which keyboards have the new RH3.

FWIW, I fully support Bruce´s comment.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: