Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PAas Speaker system - reviews?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:59 am    Post subject: PAas Speaker system - reviews? Reply with quote

Hi all

I know this has been discussed before but thought that maybe a few more of you have bought these.

Are they REALLY worth the money? I am still waiting for delivery of my PA3X-76 and will consider buying PAas for it

Thanks for any feedback.

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
tommy1340millar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's great for playing at home!
Too small for even tiny gigs, and it points the wrong way
dimitris
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great for home use!

Very good sound quality!

Too expensive!

Regards,
Dimitris
keysman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent for home use as it saves getting the PA set up Wink

Very good quality sound Cool
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tommy1340millar wrote:
It's great for playing at home!
Too small for even tiny gigs, and it points the wrong way

Hi Tommy,

That's a definite oversight by Korg. It would have been simple enough to have affixed whatever bracket it is onto the opposite side so that the speaker could be mounted either way round. No OS fix for it, either. Very Happy
Zman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a little expensive but if you can afford it, I think it's worth it. I wouldn't want the speakers facing the other way. The volume is loud enough for a cocktail hour or a wedding ceremony and that makes it easier than hauling a small amp with you. The sound quality is excellent!
I am curious about one thing - when you hook up to a pa system can you also use the personal amplification system? I think it disconnects when you plug into an amp?
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: pa3x Reply with quote

Don't misunderstand me I think the keyboard is great but it cost too much,It's great for playing at home!
Too small for even tiny gigs, and the speaker points the wrong way...and Giner is right ,speaker should go both ways , and Zman is right its loud enough for a cocktail hour or a wedding ceremony and that makes it easier than hauling a small amp..
So Korg change the speaker and when the price go back down to $ 2000.00 I will buy one ..
To me it look like Korg made all of the pa keyboard for home use .. its not that you can not play on a gig,, but the Audience need to sit behine you with the pa3x LOL..
and Karmathanever , I hope you get your pa3x soon , but I do not think its worth the money.in a year from now it will be on ebay for less and some of the bugs will be out of it ...
As for the sound quality, on the pa3 , the piano is great,but most people can't tell the difference at the bars or weddings if I play a casio piano that cost $ 100.00 . or playing my $2500.00 pa800 , although I sit for hours with the pa800 , tried to make the best piano sound I can , but no one but me can tell if the piano has foot pedal RX sound on the piano when I play. I'am sure that the people of the Korg Forums can tell the difference .I have ask other paino how does this piano sound compare to this one and and most say ,, so what the difference .so if you buy a pa3x you by it for your self .
liongold

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys. Let me get this straight, some think the speakers in the PAaS are facing the wrong way? It's a monitor fellas, it's supposed to be facing you! I've never heard one, but from what I conclude from forum users it's pretty good but too expensive...right? Liongold Cool
Zman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with duby that the PA3X is mostly used for home use and I think that's what Korg had in mind - a tool for composing and arranging, but that's just the reason why the speaker faces in not out. It's not designed for others, it's designed to be a monitor and it serves it's purpose quite well.
Not to get off subject but I really don't believe it's too expensive. Sorry if you're offended by that statement, but where I live there are many occations in catering halls and restaurants where someone wants to have a party for about 100 people. They don't feel the need for a full band and they would prefer live music to a DJ, so there is a niche market for someone who can play a variety of music and get people dancing and I can't find a better instrument for that than the PA3X. Where else can you get a great manual bass and so many realistic drum patterns to add to your piano playing? If you have a half way decent voice you can easily book 30 to 50 gigs per year and you'll have your keyboard paid for in a few months. If you take care of it you'll have a great keyboard for many many years after that.
Most users rely too much on the auto accompaniment. Try using it to make yourself sound like a trio and people won't be looking for the horn players. I think you lose credibility when you have too many things going and your audience will think you're singing karaoke.
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the points made in the two above posts, I'm just saying for what it would have cost Korg to implement it, a dual-position (in-facing/out-facing) speaker bar would have given us options. That's all.
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zman said: "If you have a half way decent voice you can easily book 30 to 50 gigs per year and you'll have your keyboard paid for in a few months. If you take care of it you'll have a great keyboard for many many years after that."

Exactly what I've done with my previous boards - i30 and Pa1XPro. I'm on the verge now about to snag a Pa3X. Not sure whether to go with a 61 or a 76, though I'm leaning towards the 76 simply because it's what I've become used to with the Pa1XPro, plus I need the real estate at either end on which to sit my small Behringer mixer and Bose Tonematch II. What pulls me toward the 61 is the lesser weight for schlepping it in and out of gigs. My aging back will thank me, I'm sure.

Cheers, Giner
Zman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

giner,
get the 76! i felt the same way and everyone i know is getting the 61 just because it's a little bit less weight but the new keyboard is thin and easier to handle than the pa1x. for some reason it just doesn't feel as heavy. not only that but the action is better (probably like the pro) and best of all the screen tilts. FINALLY, no problem with glare!
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the benefit of A/B-ing the two models side by side, so I think I'm going with the 61. Luckily my dealer has a 30-day no questions asked return policy so I will be able to give the 61 an honest shot. I always liked the lighter action of the i30 over the Pa1XPro, so from what you say about the 3X's lighter action, that gets me interested. Further, the weight difference does count for me.

To accommodate my mixer and Bose Tonematch at either end of the keyboard, I figured I could cut a piece of 3/8" plywood to size and place it between the bottom of the keyboard and the X-stand such that it would be long enough to act as a shelf on which to sit the peripherals. Give it a coat of matt black with a bit of glitter along the front edge and it should look reasonbly pro.

Appreciate your thoughts, Vman. Cheers!
Clavie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: PAas Reply with quote

Excellent sound quality without the hassle of monitors & wires. With the MAXX audio you can set the sound to your room for further improvement.

Following on with the 61/76 debate - there's no glare on the this new fixed screen (I had a PA 800 before and I know it could be bad). Also the keybed has the same touch/weight, unlike the PA800/PA2X. Main reason for going with the 76 key, is if you play straight piano, otherwise go for the 61.
Lastly as regards the piano sound, make sure you have the piano sounds on STRETCH tuning - it makes a lot of difference.
Regards
Clavie (61 keys)
al urezzio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:52 pm    Post subject: PaAS Monitor Reply with quote

i just read through all the post & just have to add my 2 cents worth .. i've been using the pa3x & PaAS for a bunch of years , & have found that in smaller places the PaAs gives me plenty of volume , never had complaints ..I have 2powered Mackie 12'" thumbs ,that i use in bigger places & my PaAs acts as my monitor & always sounds great ...when using the OUTPUTs on the keyboard is DOES NOT shut off the PAAS ( it does when you plug in Headphones ) but you can shut the PaAS off if you want to when playing through a pa system ...again just my 2 cents worth ...I've been a true korg using for too many years to count & think their keyboards are great ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: