Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to Remove velocity sensitivity from Organs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul678

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: How to Remove velocity sensitivity from Organs? Reply with quote

I've found a great sound in Bank B 103 Pipe mixture.

But a REAL pipe organ is more like a switch, on and off.

In the X50 editor, the Amp Mod. Velocity intensity helps
a bit, but only affects the volume, not the sample. The
sample is still a different sound when you depress the
keys lightly.

How do you make it so that the same sample always
happens, regardless of velocity, in this voicing?

I'm looking for that organ "click", if you know what I mean.

Thanks in advance.
Paul678

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and just so I understand the situation:

All the editing you do in the X50 editor in Windows
7 can also be done in the stand-alone unit, it's
just that it's easier to see everything at once with
the bigger screen, right?

Or are there some things you can only do with the
editor in Windows?
X-Trade

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, everything you can do in the editor you can also do in the unit itself. The editor is just an 'extra' really.

As for removing sample velocity switching, you need to look in the oscillator settings - there is a parameter which controls the switching threshold velocity. Not in front of my unit right now so can't tell you exactly what it is called. On the screen on the Oscar page it is in the top right hand corner.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Paul678

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:
Yeah, everything you can do in the editor you can also do in the unit itself. The editor is just an 'extra' really.

As for removing sample velocity switching, you need to look in the oscillator settings - there is a parameter which controls the switching threshold velocity. Not in front of my unit right now so can't tell you exactly what it is called. On the screen on the Oscar page it is in the top right hand corner.

Ok, but aren't we able to save all of our modified programs and combis on our desktop computers using the editor?

In other words, can't we backup the data that's on the X-50 unit?
Using the editor?
X-Trade

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, in the editor you can save a .PCG (compatible with other triton series (HI engine) synths), or an X50prog or X50all file.
Something like that anyway.

I guess on the X50 and microX there isn't a card slot or memory stick so you do need the editor if you want to do that. On all the other related workstation synths (TR, LE, Triton, etc) there is usually a card or CD or floppy or something you can save patches off to.
To be honest that's kind of auxilary so I wouldn't really consider it 'something the editor does that the synth doesn't. The point is that every parameter and setting that is on the X50 is also in the editor, and vice-versa.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
musicman76

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:05 am    Post subject: I finally figured it out! Reply with quote

In the program, you need to go to the Prog 6:Ed Amp 1/2 screen and change the Amp Mod. Velocity intensity (Velocity Int:) to 0. (on both Amp 1 and 2)

[/img]https://scontent.ford1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14729235_10210849738390359_7643765741452946613_n.jpg?oh=9395c8410cd16631e3264e39b3ed7fed&oe=58A6E344[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: