Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ProTools - Can Kronos export digital audio at 44.1kHz?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vortexian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: ProTools - Can Kronos export digital audio at 44.1kHz? Reply with quote

well if he's talking about using SPDIF, the answer to his question is clearly no, you can't export digital audio at 44.1 Khz, suggesting he uses the analogue outs is just swerving the issue, on my console I'm lucky enough to be able to resample the digital input stage back down to 44.1 and lock to the session which for me, solves the problem, useful if you dont want to commit audio to the DAW until the final mixing stage. I've said it before and I'll say it again, why the compromise on such basic features for such a high end workstation? In saying that as a player, I love my Kronos, just the integration isn't as good as it could be.
Mac Pro Quad core Xeon
Logic Pro 9.1
KRK VXT-8

jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny..
popmann

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodging the question in the same way that the OP assumption that a digital connection is going to inherently sound better.
vortexian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: ProTools - Can Kronos export digital audio at 44.1kHz? Reply with quote

popmann wrote:
Dodging the question in the same way that the OP assumption that a digital connection is going to inherently sound better.

well the thread title here is -'ProTools - Can Kronos export digital audio at 44.1kHz?'

I don't see anywhere in this thread title a reference to the comparison of analoge vs digital output and the related quality, just for the record, surely you'd use digital outputs to reduce the potential for background noise which will be better than analogue 'by definition'.
Mac Pro Quad core Xeon
Logic Pro 9.1
KRK VXT-8

jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: