Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

In search of a good drums plugin..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Virtual Soft Synths, and Plug’ins.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pecca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: In search of a good drums plugin.. Reply with quote

Has anyone got recommendations on what to buy based on own experiances?
Pitch a few recommendations for me so i can look them up.

Cheers//Pecca
orpheus2006
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many would recommend one of the following:
- Native Instruments Battery
- Toontrack EZdrummer
- FXpansion BFD
- Spectrasonics Stylus RMX

I'd like to throw in another one:
Sonoma Wire Works Kitcore if you prefer working with MIDI, or Drumcore if you want audio loops.

I bought Kitcore Deluxe a while ago and it offers good value for the price.
Kitcore Deluxe features over 100 drum kits (including electronic, acoustic and Latin percussion sounds) and over 3,000 MIDI beats played by famous drummers. You can drag and drop midi loops from the Kitcore VST-plugin to a DAW track and assign the MIDI-loop to either one of Kitcore's drum kit or any other drum kit, even drum kits of external HW synths or drum machines. You can freely edit the MIDI notes and use the existing patterns as a starting point.
Korg M3-88 w/ EXB-Radias, Yamaha Motif Rack w/ PLG150-AN & PLG150-DR, Novation A-Station, RME Multiface II Audio Interface, Thinkpad T60 Notebook w/ Sonar X3 and various VSTi, Event TR8 monitors, Beyerdynamic DT-770 headphones
strayboom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.xlnaudio.com - addictive drums vsti
Yoa

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are looking for an 808 kind of thing...

Instead of buying an actual TR-808, I found the Tactile Sounds TS-808, which, though doesn't sound exact, still shakes things and has more controls.

Current electronic equipment: Korg Kaossilator, miniKP, microKORG, nanoKEY, nanoPAD, nanoKONTROL, monotron, Pandora PX5D, AX1000G, M-Audio Keystation 88es, Casio VL Tone, Soundcraft 102 mixer, laptop (which, among other things, has the KORG Legacy Collection and various NI stuffs), Acer Iconia a100 (has many music apps), Stylophone, Yamaha DX7
clipnotic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what kind of drumsounds you like ... but my favorite Drumsynth plugin is:

µtonic from Sonic Charge:

http://soniccharge.com/microtonic

It's very good for electro beats ... and meanwhile you have scripts for realtime transpose ...

My current equipment:
Korg Radias - Korg Trinity - Korg EMX - Access Virus B - Yamaha RS7000 - Roland JD990
Core i7 860 - DDR3 8 GB - RME HDSPe AIO - FL Studio 9/10 - Sonar 8 - Melodyne Studio 3 - Omnisphere - Trilan - Stylus RMX - East West PLAY - Sylenth - Vanguard - Synplant - µTonic - z3ta - Surge - Thesys - Flux Recording Pack ...

What I also used but meanwhile sold or only tested:
Kronos 88 (only tested) - Korg N364 - Korg Trinity V3 - AccessVirusA - Kawai K5000S - MC 505 - YomoXBase09 - Cubase 3/4 - Ableton8 - Reaper - Albino 3 - Predator - Rapture - Alchemy
XSIMan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steven Slate Drums 4 it also has a drum pack expansion by Chris Lord Alge he ran that pack through his fancy hardware compressor gear and other bits so you get his famed drum punch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Virtual Soft Synths, and Plug’ins. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: