Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Kronos libraries announced by Korg
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
devix

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MartinHines wrote:

I suspect Korg is trying to provide a catalog of libraries, with the expectation that someone will probably not buy all of them.

very wrong way of think for a major producer who wants to earn!!!
money money money Laughing Laughing
Lando

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thing is: Kronos is allready filled with crazy amounts of great sounds (and programs) even without the expansions. It's also priced similary to the other synths in the same category, only you get so much more with the Kronos than with the Motif for instance.. Every workstation has it's weak points, Kronos one (from my perspective) are the strings and orchestral sounds and if that can be mended for a fraction of the cost of the synth then it's great in my book.

Look at the pianos for instance: from the box you have two huge and great sounding grands (plus the old ones from Oasys but nvm). This is allready more than any of the other brands can come up with at least with this size and quality. Want one more with a different charachter? Sure, it's there for 1/10 of the cost of Kronos.

The one company who actually can rival this is Nord who release all their samples for free. That is totally amazing and I love them for it but beeing a Nord Stage 2 owner my honest opinion is that the samples are not close to what we are seeing now from Korg/Karo. Pianos sound awesome but the rest of the librarys are one velocity layer only and that is extremely limited. Heck, I'm not complaining: it's free goodies, but I'd rather pay for something of greater value than getting "ok" stuff for free.
forumster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cello wrote:
You're forgetting - us OASYSians are history and Korg owes us nothing. Well, that's what I was told repeatedly on these boards a year ago.

I do find it interesting that someone who claimed to buy their OASYS second-hand keeps on going on about how korg stopped development for the instrument, etc. Get real.
curvebender
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

forumster wrote:
cello wrote:
You're forgetting - us OASYSians are history and Korg owes us nothing. Well, that's what I was told repeatedly on these boards a year ago.

I do find it interesting that someone who claimed to buy their OASYS second-hand keeps on going on about how korg stopped development for the instrument, etc. Get real.

Yes Forumster, and this upset you so much, that you had to create an account here just to tell us this.
domc

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

devix wrote:
Davidb wrote:
billysynth1 wrote:
Thanks for that, those release dates arent good for us Oasys owners who have credits till end of March Sad

Billy

So, as expected... The OASYS credits are not longer valid from the end of March, and one of the most awaited titles will not be ready till the end of April...
Does it mean that it Will not be possible to buy EXS 11 "Legendary Strings" library with the OASYS credits, that some of us were saving on purpouse for that titlte???.

If so, not being able to choose what titles to adquire if korg releases them before March,
what kind of promotion is this? Speak to the hand

If they are not aware YET; I sincerelly hope that korg SEE THIS and WILL change/extend the credits expiration date ASAP!!!!!!!! Exclamation

+1

Not sure I know how to use the quote feature on the forum.

I'd also like to see Korg extend the credit system by a further few months - it seems a little crazy that they wouldn't as it doesn't cost Korg anything, can't take any time to do and would create some goodwill amongst former Oasys owners.

I can only suggest that other individuals keep asking as well so that this small ask is not ignored as we're running out of time. I would much rather use the credit to buy the strings than the drums.

Cheers Domc
Octopus
apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there a place to find out specifically how much free RAM is needed to be able to install and use these new sets? I thought that I read they would be streamed from the hard drive, but still wondering how much is needed.... I think that I only have about 190 MB remaining.... and I do have the upgraded RAM installed now.

YouTube -
https://www.youtube.com/juliusdeberryjr

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/majesticstudiosllc

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/majesticstudios_jld/
irtehyar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of those KRS sound pretty good based on the demos. The two I'm mainly interested in have no demos, though (total Control 1 and 2). Crying or Very sad
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forumster wrote:
cello wrote:

You're the antithesis of L'Oreal...

Anyway, sounds to me like you're double accounting here at KF - I'll leave Pepperpotty to deal with you.
macroenie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The standard hard drive will fill up quickly. At present, you can't uninstall libraries. (maybe OS1.6 will fix that). This means as of now, Korg won't be able to sell me very many libraries. I expect they'll figure that out and provide an upgrade path for the SSD.

i don't know but I downloaded the Karo Dance demo and removed it after I evaluated it.

I went into disk mode - uitility tab while being on the karo folder that I wanted to remove. Then from the upper right pull down menu I chose delete.
It asked if it should clean up the folder also. I pressed yes and the folder was removed. Does this count as an uninstall?
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

macroenie wrote:
Quote:
The standard hard drive will fill up quickly. At present, you can't uninstall libraries. (maybe OS1.6 will fix that). This means as of now, Korg won't be able to sell me very many libraries. I expect they'll figure that out and provide an upgrade path for the SSD.

i don't know but I downloaded the Karo Dance demo and removed it after I evaluated it.

I went into disk mode - uitility tab while being on the karo folder that I wanted to remove. Then from the upper right pull down menu I chose delete.
It asked if it should clean up the folder also. I pressed yes and the folder was removed. Does this count as an uninstall?

You presently can't uninstall EXs PCM samples, as they are installed to a non-user accessible portion of the SSD. However KRS expansions, and the PCF/KSC files associated with an EXs, can be uninstalled without problem.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
Davidb
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

domc wrote:

I'd also like to see Korg extend the credit system by a further few months - it seems a little crazy that they wouldn't as it doesn't cost Korg anything, can't take any time to do and would create some goodwill amongst former Oasys owners.

I can only suggest that other individuals keep asking as well so that this small ask is not ignored as we're running out of time.

Exactly Domc.

FWIW...8 days left till the end of March

Quote:

I would much rather use the credit to buy the strings than the drums.

Thats My position as well.

Thanx and regards.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sparker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

10 Exi's @ $299 = Another Kronos 61 @ $2900

Just weighing that up my head and thinking I'd go for a second Kronos Wink

Line 6 Flextone XL / Line 6 POD XT / Roland V Bass / Ampeg Portabass & Cab / Assorted Guitars (no whammy bar) ... and a Fender Champ ...
Zeroesque

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody please tell me that they've bought so many of Korg's expansions that the Kronos no longer has room on the hard drive...I'm waiting.

Also, as has been discussed, show me other expansions by other manufacturers (SRX, etc) that are much less expensive.

I'm not saying I love spending money, but to argue that these things don't fit on disk and are too expensive after being able to afford a $3k synth WHILE you call Korg short-sighted or greedy or such...I don't get it.

I don't always agree with jimknopf, but this is right on:
jimknopf wrote:
Let's solve problems, where we meet real ones, but not invent problems, where in fact we meet a lot of welcome options and choices.

RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparker wrote:
10 Exi's @ $299 = Another Kronos 61 @ $2900

Just weighing that up my head and thinking I'd go for a second Kronos Wink

Really? I wouldn't want the same sounds twice (unless you need two physical keyboards for separate locations)...and polyphony certainly isn't an issue on the Kronos for most situations.

Not all the Kronos libraries are $299....in fact most are significantly less. And the cost of these libraries are on par if not much less than other commercial sample libraries on the market. Building (and paying for) a decent, diverse, and usable sample library for yourself is a part of the music and production gig in todays modern world.

I would much rather broaden my palette by investing a few thousand dollars on the sounds and libraries that *I want* and hand-pick for myself, so my production tools and options are expanded.....than have redundant hardware and soundware.
Favorite Gear: Kronos 61, M3, Z1, Radias, KPro, KP3, Moog Voyager, Foogers, Virus TI, Jupiter 80, Integra7, GAIA, SPD-30, Kiwi 106, RE-201, MC808, RC505, MV8800, DSI P6 and OB6 and P12, Ensoniq SQ80, EMU MP-7, Eventide H7600, Eclipse, SPACE, Pitchfactor, Timefactor, Looperlative LP-1, Axe FX Ultra, Nord Modular, DSI Tetra, Tempest, PEK, JDXA, Eurorack Modular, Octatrack, MDUW, Monomachine, A4, RYTM, Waldorf Q Phoenix, MWXTk, Blofeld, TR8.
alantunucci

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New libraries? What about fixing the problems? Like the RH3 kb, Set lists that are erased out of nowhere, Metronome that ramdomly does not work in Output 1, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: