Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where are the Karo libraries?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lando wrote:
Is the KSL only strings or is it other orchestral instruments as well?
The webside states:
Quote:
The Symphonic Library presents you with all important orchestral registers, soloists and small as well as large orchestral lineups played for us their finest sounds.

But the demos, all of them, both on youtube and Korgs web are strings only?

It seems it contains other instruments (woodwinds, horns, piano, even an OB synth pad sound) as well: look at the pdf for a full patch list.
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The strings and the stage piano are breath taking IMO. I do wish the strings were a tad cheaper though. There are bits of each in the 3 that are all really standouts and I'm sure that's the point. Though $600 if you wanted them all. Ouch.

Really dug the stage Piano, $99 and more character than the Austrian IMO.
keekma

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
Lando wrote:
The webside states:
Quote:
The Symphonic Library presents you with all important orchestral registers, soloists and small as well as large orchestral lineups played for us their finest sounds.

It seems it contains other instruments (woodwinds, horns, piano, even an OB synth pad sound) as well: look at the pdf for a full patch list.

I installed the demo. Its about 1GB of new samples mainly strings, horns, flutes. Much of the program banks uses existing samples of the Kronos, like EXs3 brass and the HD1 pianos. You can use and install these programs without fade out limitations. They are tweaked and I think nicely.

The strings blow me away. Much better then the ones in the Kronos. But I like to compare these to the Legendary Strings. I will wait before I buy.

Now I will try the Stage piano.

Koen

Former keyboards:
Yamaha s90es, Virus TI snow, Roland xp30, Roland u20, Roland juno 6
Lando

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, thanks for the info! My Kronos is still two weeks away, I'll download it as soon as I get the synth!
apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keekma wrote:
jimknopf wrote:
Lando wrote:
The webside states:
Quote:

I installed the demo. Its about 1GB of new samples mainly strings, horns, flutes. Much of the program banks uses existing samples of the Kronos, like EXs3 brass and the HD1 pianos. You can use and install these programs without fade out limitations. They are tweaked and I think nicely.

The strings blow me away. Much better then the ones in the Kronos. But I like to compare these to the Legendary Strings. I will wait before I buy.

Koen

what do you mean you can use them without fade in/out limitations? I know about the fade out thing until you buy it, but what do you mean about being able to use them without the limitations?

YouTube -
https://www.youtube.com/juliusdeberryjr

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/majesticstudiosllc

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/majesticstudios_jld/
keekma

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apex wrote:
keekma wrote:
jimknopf wrote:
Lando wrote:
The webside states:
Quote:

Koen

what do you mean you can use them without fade in/out limitations? I know about the fade out thing until you buy it, but what do you mean about being able to use them without the limitations?

The demo of the EXs50 comes with several program banks. Some banks with programs uses no new samples, but uses the existing samples in the Kronos. So you can load these banks from the PCG file into your memory and use them. You dont need a code or anything. So these banks are actually free to use. Just the programs with the new string samples have the fade out lock.

Former keyboards:
Yamaha s90es, Virus TI snow, Roland xp30, Roland u20, Roland juno 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: