Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Micro Arranger OS and Downloads?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jac38

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Micro Arranger OS and Downloads? Reply with quote

I have bought the arranger recently and there are some things said in the manual that I canīt understand. It says that OS updates and downloades can be found at http://www.korgpa.com/.

When I enter that site the arranger is not listed as a product at all and not a word about it or what downloads that the micro arranger can use.

I guess there isn`t any OS except "Version 1.0.0" but what downloads can the arranger read? It doesnīt say anything about this in the manuals....

On the "Quick Start Guide" back page there is a list of Styles. There is lists for User 1-3 but that stuff isnīt there now. Instead there are some other files like the "JaJo*GO" witch is rubbish and some of them don`t even work. Anyone knows where to find them?

What I realy want is more instruments in Performance and Program... Any tips on styles, program or other things that are made and can be downloaded for free, would be great!

So if anyone can clear this out I will be thankfull...and please excuse my poor english spelling skills.

Regards
Jacob
capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Micro Arranger OS and Downloads? Reply with quote

jac38 wrote:
I have bought the arranger recently and there are some things said in the manual that I canīt understand. It says that OS updates and downloades can be found at http://www.korgpa.com/.

When I enter that site the arranger is not listed as a product at all and not a word about it or what downloads that the micro arranger can use.

I guess there isn`t any OS except "Version 1.0.0" but what downloads can the arranger read? It doesnīt say anything about this in the manuals....

So if anyone can clear this out I will be thankfull...and please excuse my poor english spelling skills.

Regards
Jacob

Hi Jacob,
you will find the owners manual on this site:

http://www.korg.com/microarranger

It might be useful to print this manual.

The MA can read all styles from Pa 50, Pa 60 and Pa 80.
At the time there is no other OS than the one you`ve got on the disk. delivered with the Keyboard.

Smile
jac38

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okey thanks, then I know what I can download. If I say I canīt understand things in the manual it means that I have it.. Smile

I still wonder why the manual refers to http://www.korgpa.com/ when it comes to downloads as not the micro arranger is listed and/or not the pa50, pa60 or pa80...?

Still need to find out where the styles listed on the back of the "Quick Start Guide" are (those on user 1-3)...??

How about the downloads for pa50sd, does the arranger read those files? It says that you shouldnīt try files on other keyboars then the one itīs made for....

Regards
Jacob
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jacob,

Not sure whether you have read my webpages cause when you have you should know by now that ALL software for the PA50sd ( and PA80) is completely identical to the Micro Arranger. This also means that all registrations (performances), user sounds and styles that are available for any pre-2005 model can be loaded into the Micro. ( even those of the PA1X ).
My 2012 offer comes with a great extra Bonus which is bound to please you.

regards,
John

P.S. are you in Holland ?
jac38

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iīm not sure why I should have read your homepages when Iīm sitting on this forum. Thatīs great if you can anwer my questions but you make it sound like this is something everybody should know by now. I bought this keyboard 5 days ago and only had a cheap Casio before and don't know how to read notes or play any instrument, so my level is near to 0 in this field...

About your sounds... I downloaded some packs made by you to the pa80. In your newer packs, is there folders with the same type of instruments as it seems to be very ramdom where to find what? Lets say I need more brass sounds then I would like to be able to load a setting with that.

I also loaded stuff named "PERFORM" but then itīs names of songs instead of instruments. I donīt understand that...?

No, Iīm not in Holland and I canīt speak dutch. Once I did understand Flemich pretty good but thatīs a long time ago.. I live in Sweden.

Jacob
jac38

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgott to ask something...

What does the "Global" setting do?
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Jacob,

You should read my webpages and also the comments of people who have gotten my software. Not only for the Micro ( see page 8 for user comments) but also for the PA500 and PA800 ( see pages 4 and 6).

You get an awful lot for 25 euros but if you expect a complete additional course of how to play and programme the Micro you will have to look elsewhere, that would be impossible and has nothing to do with my willingness to help you or anyone else.

Global settings are settings that are valid for the complete keyboard regardless what you play, for example MIDI settings, etc. etc.

regards,
John Smies

http://pasounds.intropagina.nl/page-8-user-comments-korg-micro-arranger.html
jac38

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course don`t I expect that your stuff will help me program or learn how to play.

I can`t understand how you expect that I or anybody els should read your whole webpage about how you made stuff for keyboards we don`t even have or what some people thought about it, It also doesn`t answer my questions...

I know what the Global setting is but still not what your stuff does with it? And I would like to know if the instruments are in some order that you can upload after need, or is it as random as in the packs for the pa80?

Regards
Jacob
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Jacob,

pages 7 and 8 are exclusively about MY software for the MICRO.
one of the links in another of my posts here is where you can download
a very extensive handwritten manual of mine that tells how to go about loading, saving, partly mixing for example things of my sets with the factory set etc.etc.etc.
My package includes the factory set as well so you can always within less than a minute go back to the factory settings, including Global settings.

John

http://www.box.com/s/fe5dbb835a9bfc69e5b7
jac38

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems VERY hard to just answer my question...

I know about making backups and getting all back. Doesnīt need any extensive handwritten documents about it. What I DONīT KNOW is what your Global things do...

And for the 3:rd time: I would like to know if the instruments are in some order that you can upload after need, or is it as random as in the packs for the pa80?

I guess I know the answer as I guess you should have told me so if it was like that...
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent you an email and you replied.

I must say it is good to have one's patience tested once in a while.
Enough is enough however and all in all I would strongly advise you NOT to get my software. And the best of luck with that part of my software that you have already gotten.............for free.

John Smies
jac38

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you did send me a letter telling me how good that pack is and that I don't risk anything as you repay the money if Iīm not saticefied. You also asked what more I can ask...

My answer that got your "patience tested" to you limit and beyond is not something I can understand when I only asked the same two questions about this pack as I have done here. Why it is so hard to with a few words tell what your Global settings do and if itīs possible to seach for instumens and upload after need, I wonder....

If that can drive you over the edge maybe you need to take a break...

Jacob
Deane

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacob,
The MicroArranger can play styles and performances from the PA80, PA60, PA50 keyboards. There is only one OS for the MicroArranger - no updates yet.
The KorgPA site is where you will find most of the downloadable things you can use or might want to try. Keep posting your questions - someone will try to answer.

Deane
charlie67

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely the MicroArranger can also play styles from older keyboards like the i series because the pa50 could?
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlie,

The Micro can play all Korg styles up to the production of the PA500/800 series. These are different in format.
So all I-series, PA1X, PA80, PA60 and PA50 can be reproduced by the Micro. The older styles from the I series often need tweaking.
Most of these styles are included in my 2012 package by the way......

John Smies
http://pasounds.intropagina.nl/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: