Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

m3-Kronos differences sequecer
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
afr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: m3-Kronos differences sequecer Reply with quote

What are the differences between Kronos and m3 sequencer?

apart from the much more powerful effects section of kronos, I do not understand where is the problem of compatibility between Pattern and Song data between m3 and Kronos

I'd like a tool for automatic conversion of data between two machines,is it impossible to imagine in a future software release?

tnx
Shakil
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KRONOS has 16 audio tracks as well.

You could export the songs from M3 as SMF and import to KRONOS.
afr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried but it does not work very well Rolling Eyes
Davidb
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

afr wrote:
What are the differences between Kronos and m3 sequencer?

Well, the *main* difference is that with the OS 2.0 for the M3 Korg implemented some IMHO fantasctic DAW-derived editing tools in Sequencer mode, with a great implementation thanks to his touch screen drag & drop fuctionality (Kronos does not have that kind of funcionality, but a bigger and better screen, so those editing features for the sequencer could be great as well).

The M3 XPanded has some new screens added (which Kornos hasnt) to the Edit sequencer page, allowing you to view and manipulate data on-screen as graphic elements.

This editing style is like computer-based DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) software programs, so its kinda cool.

A Piano Roll Edit Screen: individual data can appear as individual squares, and elements such as note number, duration, velocity and more can be edited, deleted or created graphically, not numbers in a chart any more!.

Another Screen is Track View : Also new, this screen graphically shows all the data for a group of tracks, very convenient for arranging, as you can move, copy , paste, and delete measures using one touch techniques.

A detailed Sysex editing screen, this way events show up on screen using their native exclusive parameter names, so you can clearly identify each event.

Some pics:

All IMHO a very good and convenient stuff for a nowdays workstation.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
afr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got both m3 and Kronos, the issue is very easy, I don't care to much about missing features in the kronos sequencer, but is strange that I can'l load PATTERN and SONG from m3, at least the pattern!
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shakil
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

afr wrote:

The audio tracks or export/import to SMF?
afr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sina,

thanks for your help, I already did it, (the only difference is that I worked on Pattern instead of tracks because I prefer to have all single patterns and then chain it together)

It works, no problem, but it takes a long time

So that's why I was hoping in an automatic tool

Unfortunately you explain me very well that the code of sw is completely different, so I left every hopes

Sina172 wrote:

Why not just manually transfer your Sequence Data from the M3 to KRONOS via MIDI and reassign all your sounds?

I posted the procedure in couple of threads here, and I can assist you in doing that.

Other than that, I don't know what else to tell you...

Sina
afr

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shakil wrote:
afr wrote:

Import SMF, for some reason, the experiment I made didn't produce any good result

I will try again

thanks a lot Smile
Slovenec

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronos sequencer also lacks the very handy 'cue list' feature found in the M3 and Triton sequencers. This was a feature I used all the time when I sequenced in my now sold Triton Classic.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I sincerely hope that Korg add all the M3 Xpanded's sequencer features to the Kronos especially considering it has the extra large touch screen.
Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not clear why some of those features were not included. In my mind it's much easier to re-use the code then work to take it out.

I doubt the sequencer part was re-written from scratch.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dniss wrote:
I'm not clear why some of those features were not included. In my mind it's much easier to re-use the code then work to take it out.

I doubt the sequencer part was re-written from scratch.

Except that the functionality was added to the M3 which is likely a different code base. The sequencer was already in the OASYS and didn't have any of these 'xpanded' features.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
andreidelait

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the Kronos in my front right now but I guess the touch screen doesn't support swiping. On the M3 as I've seen in a lot of videos that gesture was supported. I think here is a problem with the implementation of all these fetures.

Sorry for my bad english, I hope you'll understand.
Shakil
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

afr wrote:
Shakil wrote:
afr wrote:

Import SMF, for some reason, the experiment I made didn't produce any good result

I will try again

thanks a lot Smile

It will not going to be perfect since you don't get the same programs and effects. You will have to pick programs and do the mixing again. You can start by loading the SMF into a template song that is approriate for ypur song.
Cpilot

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need the M3 type swiping on the Kronos. You have the Vector Joystick for that. Not quite the same but it does the job.

Bryan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: