Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Multi samples not saving

View previous topic :: View next topic  
daffyduxxx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Multi samples not saving Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm new to sampling so be gentle please Smile
I have created a MS from my Triton loaded the samples from a USB stick to the Kronos' SSD, created the Multi Sample, saved it as a prgramme, but when I power off and back on the Patch still exists but nothing sounds when I play the keys.
I am obviously doing something wrong, could someone point me in the right direction please ?
Many thanks
Paul
popmann

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to set the KSC to auto load. Or manually load it.
markn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And hopefully you did a "save all" before turning the K off, otherwise the sampling data are in Nirvana.
But you can restore the sampling data from your usb-stick...
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: Multi samples not saving Reply with quote

daffyduxxx wrote:
Hi,
I'm new to sampling so be gentle please Smile
I have created a MS from my Triton loaded the samples from a USB stick to the Kronos' SSD, created the Multi Sample, saved it as a prgramme, but when I power off and back on the Patch still exists but nothing sounds when I play the keys.
I am obviously doing something wrong, could someone point me in the right direction please ?
Many thanks
Paul

When you save a program, it only saves the parameters of that program, such as envelopes, which samples are used, filter settings etc. A program itself is very small, so can be stored permanantly in memory when you write it.

The sample data that a program uses is not part of the program itself. If it's an inbuilt sample, it's always stored in ROM, and always available. But if it's a user sample, it needs to be saved (and loaded) from disk seperately.

You can do this by going into Disk mode, "Save" tab, then from the page menu, slected "Save Sampling Data". This will write all your multisamples, including the wave data it's based on, from RAM onto the SSD. When you turn the KRONOS off and on again, you will need to reload this sample data using a similar process.

As popmann pointed out, you can set your sampling data to be automatically reloaded when you power it back on using the KSC Auto Load feature found in Global.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
daffyduxxx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guya,
I feel such a fool. Embarassed
I appreciate your help and clear descriptions of how to save the samples.
Paul
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daffyduxxx wrote:
Thanks guya,
I feel such a fool. Embarassed
Paul

No need to feel that way Smile That's what the forum is here for Smile
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
daffyduxxx

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Seedy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: