Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is it safe to go back to OS 1.5?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robkeith

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's get to the real problem here. Where the hell are the fixes and update to 1.7? I mean it's not as though these problems have only just been noticed. Come on Korg, pull your finger out of your ar@&s and fix the damm thing.
Darmin De'flern

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

robkeith wrote:
Let's get to the real problem here. Where the hell are the fixes and update to 1.7? I mean it's not as though these problems have only just been noticed. Come on Korg, pull your finger out of your ar@&s and fix the damm thing.

I recently purchased my Kronos e.g. brand new and its on 1.06. Do you think I should have the Kronos put back to the older version or should I wait for new version to come out. Problem is as a new user I won't realise there is a bug in the system as I havent experianced 1.5. Would I bump into the bugs at this very early stage of getting to grips with the keyboard. Any advice welcome thanks.
Rolang VA7, Roland G-70 Ver3, quad core dell lappi with 6gb mem, DAW = Reaper, Amplitube 2,3. Scarlett Fockesrite 18-6, Mackie 1604 mixer, Washburn status 1000 headless bass, Roland 2.1 Monitors, Sunheizer Mic & Monitor headphones, Korg Kronos 88.
JukeFox

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darmin De'flern wrote:
I recently purchased my Kronos e.g. brand new and its on 1.06. Do you think I should have the Kronos put back to the older version or should I wait for new version to come out.<snip>

1.06 IS an older version. I'd update to 1.5...1.5.2 if you have a 73 or 88.

Best,
Fox
Darmin De'flern

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JukeFox wrote:
Darmin De'flern wrote:
I recently purchased my Kronos e.g. brand new and its on 1.06. Do you think I should have the Kronos put back to the older version or should I wait for new version to come out.<snip>

1.06 IS an older version. I'd update to 1.5...1.5.2 if you have a 73 or 88.

Best,
Fox

err oops my bad 1.6.0 not 1.0.6
Rolang VA7, Roland G-70 Ver3, quad core dell lappi with 6gb mem, DAW = Reaper, Amplitube 2,3. Scarlett Fockesrite 18-6, Mackie 1604 mixer, Washburn status 1000 headless bass, Roland 2.1 Monitors, Sunheizer Mic & Monitor headphones, Korg Kronos 88.
Oldretro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoundsOfPlanet wrote:
I came back from 1.6 to 1.5 - no problems.

After several crashes, reboots, start up failures and memory load failures, I decided to go all the way back to 1.0.4! I found that even 1.5 was too unstable. I used a LG DVD burner and did a Full Install (that's without the disk format!) and luckily no reauthorisation was necessary. It's better now, but still had a start up failure. Could that have anything to do with the memory stick? At least I saw on the forum that there were some with a loose memory stick that caused a lot of problems. What is clear, is that a lot of modern gear is faulty when it leaves the factory, Kronos seems to be no exception. I'll return it when the start up and other problems remain. But for now I still have some hope (but it wears thin, rapidly) that it will turn out ok, as it's such a great sounding piece of kit. But as said, it's safe to go back even to 1.0.4 without a hassle, but you will need a usb DVD player or burner.
navydave

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went back to OS 1.5 without reinstalling the operating system. So far so good. Will report if any issues crop up.
Oldretro

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldretro wrote:
SoundsOfPlanet wrote:
I came back from 1.6 to 1.5 - no problems.

After several crashes, reboots, start up failures and memory load failures, I decided to go all the way back to 1.0.4! I found that even 1.5 was too unstable. I used a LG DVD burner and did a Full Install (that's without the disk format!) and luckily no reauthorisation was necessary. It's better now, but still had a start up failure. Could that have anything to do with the memory stick? At least I saw on the forum that there were some with a loose memory stick that caused a lot of problems. What is clear, is that a lot of modern gear is faulty when it leaves the factory, Kronos seems to be no exceptin. I'll return it when the start up and other problems remain. But for now I still have some hope (but it wears thin, rapidly) that it will turn out ok, as it's such a great sounding piece of kit. But as said, it's safe to go back even to 1.0.4 without a hassle, but you will need a usb DVD player or burner.

Update: after using 1.0.1 (not 1.0.4 as I wrote mistakenly) for a while, my kronos seems to be working stable now. It looks like it has been the newer versions of the software that caused my kronos to function impropper. I'm a lot happier now with my kronos. I hope that Korg will iron out the flaws. Untill then, I'll stick to this first version.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: