Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yet more bugs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cpilot

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Yet more bugs Reply with quote

I was in Disk mode, copying programs from a PCG file to some spare slots in User-CC. The first few went OK and then the page started scrolling on its own account. If I selected a program it would jump to another or scroll down, usually to the end of the PCG. Tried a different PCG. No difference. Rebooted and tried again. No difference. I got it to work by keeping the last program selected at the bottom of the page and then scrolling down one at a time.

Another old bug reared its ugly head. This was the bank popup box in "Change all bank references" which sometimes freezes and you have to hit Exit to get out of it. This bug is intermittent. Works mostly OK but has the occasional hiccup. It also happened when loading a bank into a different place from what was intended. Same popup box.

Bryan
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Re: Yet more bugs Reply with quote

Cpilot wrote:
I was in Disk mode, copying programs from a PCG file to some spare slots in User-CC. The first few went OK and then the page started scrolling on its own account. If I selected a program it would jump to another or scroll down, usually to the end of the PCG. Tried a different PCG. No difference. Rebooted and tried again. No difference. I got it to work by keeping the last program selected at the bottom of the page and then scrolling down one at a time.

Bryan,
I can confirm this. I have been experiencing this from day one ownership (1.5)
No one could confirm, not even Korg. I returned my Kronos for a new one and have been having the same problem since.
I just excepted it.. I hope I don't have to except a lot more as there are a few.
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had this happen once or twice.
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
Steve Pavao
KORG R&D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cpilot,

We are aware of the first problem; it's an old (pre-1.6) bug. While browsing within a PCG, sometimes if you scroll through a fairly large number of items, if you then try to select a Program in the list, the page scrolls when it should not. The workaround is to wait about 10 - 12 seconds for this problem condition to clear itself, then if you select a Program, it will be properly selected.

(edited to correct description:)
One way to minimize the problem is to scroll via pressing-and-dragging the scroll thumb, rather than repeatedly tapping in the space above (and below) the scroll thumb.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I realize it's an annoying bug. But please give these workarounds a try next time you observe the issue. It should help.

I will try to recreate the other problem(s) you mention. If you are able to provide any helpful recreate steps if it becomes less intermittent, please PM them to me.

- Steve Pavao
software engineer
Korg R&D

Last edited by Steve Pavao on Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cpilot

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve

Thanks for the quick reply. I do have to ask the obvious question though. If it's an old bug, how come it hasn't been fixed? Anyway, as I pointed out, I got round it by keeping the selected item at the bottom of the page and just scrolled down one at a time. Better than waiting 12 seconds.

As to the second bug, I've tried to nail it down but it comes and goes. Just when you think you've got it, it disappears. Frustrating.

Bryan
Steve Pavao
KORG R&D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi CPilot,

I meant old in relation to 1.6. It's not new in 1.6.

We try to fix bugs as quickly as we can.

I understand waiting 10-12 seconds is not generally feasible.

(edited to correct description:)
Did you try the other workaround of clicking and dragging the scroll button to the desired area in the list, and then releasing? I tested this last night and it worked fine as a workaround, no need to wait, and it worked around the bug.

I agree that it would be very nice to fix this issue.

- Steve Pavao
software engineer
Korg R&D
Cpilot

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve

Didn't try your workaround as I had finished what I was doing with my own workaround. I'll give yours a try next time.

Bryan
Cpilot

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 128 samples, KMP files with their associated KSF files, around 6MB in total. I loaded a few into RAM just to try them out and that was OK. I checked Multiple Select and selected all 128. Loaded them and the Kronos froze solid. Had to reboot. I suppose I'll have to load them one by one and see what happens. Very tiresome.

Bryan
Cpilot

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I started again and loaded each sample one by one. No problem. Saved the samples in a KSC file. No problem. Rebooted and loaded the KSC file. No problem. So there's something wrong with Multiple selection it would appear.

Bryan
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cpilot wrote:
Well, I started again and loaded each sample one by one. No problem. Saved the samples in a KSC file. No problem. Rebooted and loaded the KSC file. No problem. So there's something wrong with Multiple selection it would appear.

Bryan

Well, i experienced the same problem, and asked earlier in another thread if this was the latest O.S. problem. I saw the official comments about the karma workaround, but they did not confirm if this was another annoying bug, or just user error...?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: