Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PCG Tools trust
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EXer
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francois wrote:
It would be unreasonable to ask you to have your app certified. Those who cannot trust that it will not harm their computers simply miss on a great utility. Their loss !

+1
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Michel,

1) Did you get this message about an unverified publisher?
Yes, a Windows security warning that the publisher was unverified.

2) Did you continue and install the application?
Yes

3) Have you noticed any problems (e.g. spyware/virus) etc?
No

In my opinion, installing any application - from a verified publisher or not - is a risk, regardless of whether Windows presents a warning or not.

In my uninformed opinion, the biggest (potential) issue with your current application distribution methodology is that unencrypted and unsigned email does not provide a mechanism for identity verification. Anyone could potentially send an email and masquerade his email address to be the same as yours, and attach a virus instead of the latest version of PCG tools. As you application and email are unsigned, the recipient has no means of verifying that it is legitimate.

Perhaps it would be possible for you to sign your emails using PGP or similar, and paste your PGP public key here or on a website, for example?
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got an email today that on some computers by default .exe files in .zip files are blocked and can only be unblocked by changing settings.

When blocked, it gives a nasty error about unsafe software etc.

I will add this into the troubleshooting part of the manual.

Thanks for all replies so far.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
insanitor

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to answer these questions for you, but I sent you a request for pcg tools a few days ago via PM and I got no reply.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

insanitor wrote:
I would love to answer these questions for you, but I sent you a request for pcg tools a few days ago via PM and I got no reply.

I already sent it to insanitor@rcn.com but I saw in another post you have passed another email. I will change the email and send PCG Tools to the other email.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: