Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I love my KRONOS.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: I love my KRONOS. Reply with quote

Every day this instrument brings me more and more joy. Never before, in my many years of computer-based music production, have I found a product so enjoyable and inspirational to use. I've never found it so easy to devise new ideas and bring them to fruition.

It's easy to sometime focus on the few negative aspects of a product - after all, it's human nature to seek idealistic perfection. But these minor issues should not be allowed to cloud the reason most of us purchased the Kronos in the first instance: there is simply nothing else that comes close on Earth (except perhaps the OASYS).

Over the last few days I've been dissecting some of the internals of what makes the KRONOS' software tick, and one thing that I noticed is that with every release, there are minor improvements to the under-the-hood workings. These are never publicised, or mentioned in the release notes, but they're there. They are things most of use wouldn't notice or care about, but they make the KRONOS a better product. To me it shows that Korg are really devoted to making this the best instrument they can, and I believe they will continue to invest in it for the foreseeable future.

Thank you to all those at Korg who helped bring the Kronos to fruition, and to all those that help make it better. Thanks to all the people on the forum - both from Korg and otherwise - that contribute and help the community. I truly appreciate all your efforts.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't agree more.

I belong to those who are not willing to ignore obvious problems some users are facing (cutoff notes, freezes etc.) or complete failures (editor/VSTi development IMO).

But the overall experience working with this synth is just breathtaking good!!!
And like you and others, I have never ever been using such a powerhouse of creative synth richness, as I experience in working with the Kronos.

Big acknowedgement and thanks to the Kronos team for that! Sounds Good

P.S. I regard Stephen Kay as part of the Kronos team in this context!

Last edited by jimknopf on Wed May 09, 2012 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
AlchemistMusicStudio

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: I love my KRONOS. Reply with quote

SeedyLee wrote:
Every day this instrument brings me more and more joy. Never before, in my many years of computer-based music production, have I found a product so enjoyable and inspirational to use. I've never found it so easy to devise new ideas and bring them to fruition.

It's easy to sometime focus on the few negative aspects of a product - after all, it's human nature to seek idealistic perfection. But these minor issues should not be allowed to cloud the reason most of us purchased the Kronos in the first instance: there is simply nothing else that comes close on Earth (except perhaps the OASYS).

That's right! KRONOS THE GREAT!

SeedyLee wrote:
Thank you to all those at Korg who helped bring the Kronos to fruition, and to all those that help make it better. Thanks to all the people on the forum - both from Korg and otherwise - that contribute and help the community. I truly appreciate all your efforts.

e.g.: Stephen KAY for K.A.R.M.A. Almighty... Sounds Good

http://www.youtube.com/user/AlchemistMusicStudio
http://www.myspace.com/remiplanet
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also can't agree more with the first post.

This is the first synth I am not able to fully understand within minutes and I'm glad ... actually I could use it in my band almost instantly, but to dive into every aspect it has is a great voyage.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: I love my KRONOS. Reply with quote

AlchemistMusicStudio wrote:

e.g.: Stephen KAY for K.A.R.M.A. Almighty...

Here, here! +1
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
JPWC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love your Kronos too! Shocked

I find the Kronos to be endless fun and inspiration. I just wish I could have another Kronos, two hands need two Kronos.

KARMA is simply the band I've always dream of being a part of.

Great work, Korg & Stephen.

Thanks

Fanboy, why yes I am!
Kronos-6, Krome, M3, Radias, KingKorg, microKorg, KP-2, KP-3, KO-1, KO-1 PRO, Karma, microX, monotron, monotribe, PadCONTROL, Wavedrum Mini, Volca Keys, Beats, Bass, Sample, monotron Duo & Delay, microArranger, M1, Wavestation, Volca Sample, Keys, Beats & Bass, MS-20

JD-XA, JD-Xi, Aira (system 1, TB3, TR8, MX-1), Prophet 12, Mopho X4, Jupiter-80, FA-06, D50, CS1x, CZ101, DX200, AN200, analogFOUR, MachineDrum, MonoMachine, Motif XF6, Virus Snow, Nord Lead 2X, OP-1, MFOS, Tenori-on, QY100, QY70, meeblip se, miniBrute, microBrute, Bass Station 2
mathieumaes

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here!

Don't really ignore the issues, but I deal with them if and when they arise.

You have no idea how long it took for me to understand in the Yamaha S90 how Master mode works and how to send patch changes to external instruments.

The touch screen really opened many doors for me.
RKfan

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too big time - its good to have a thread without (so far) complaints.

I've been busy playing my K for the past couple of days - I have just moved home so had it in its box for a week and a half - and realised how much I had been missing it.

Been playing with some of QR's patches - some really cool free stuff there.
DennyC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: I love my KRONOS. Reply with quote

[quote="SeedyLee"
Thank you to all those at Korg who helped bring the Kronos to fruition, and to all those that help make it better. Thanks to all the people on the forum - both from Korg and otherwise - that contribute and help the community. I truly appreciate all your efforts.[/quote]

A very astute and respectful observation. I am also humbly appreciative. Smile Smile
rmvieira

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1. I'm one of those guys who was very inspired by the Oasys for a couple of years but unable to afford it and finally experiencing satisfaction with my K88 and nanopad2. Big shout out of appreciation to everybody at Korg, KorgForums and that master of Karma - Steven Kay! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
phattbuzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathieumaes wrote:

The touch screen really opened many doors for me.

The touch screen has been a bit of a problem for me. I get quite frustrated trying to change parameters on the screens of my other keyboards. Wink
Past Instruments of Construction: Hammond A100 w/Leslie 760, Korg R3, Roland AxSynth, Korg Poly61, Korg M1, Univox MaxiKorg, Korg MS2000, (2) Moog Concertmate MG1, (2) Hammond X5, Rhodes Mark I & 2, Farfisa Compact, Yamaha S08, Casio SK1, Strymon Mobius, Custom Bass Pedals, Burns B3 Theremin.
ksi

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
KARMA is simply the band I've always dream of being a part of.

+1

The KRONOS is a fantastic music instrument. I loved it from the first minute I touched it in the music store.
mathieumaes

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phattbuzz wrote:

The touch screen has been a bit of a problem for me. I get quite frustrated trying to change parameters on the screens of my other keyboards. Wink

I'm comparing the touch screen with all my previous gear:
- Yamaha S90
- Fantom XR
- Roland XP-80
- Korg Triton Rack

My Roland E-36 only had a 3 or 4 digits display!
Phabius

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without any doubt, simply the best instrument I've ever had!
Korg MS-20 Kit, Korg MS-20 mini, Korg KingKorg, Korg Volca Series (Beats, Bass, Keys), Korg Kronos 61, Korg X50, Korg Triton Extreme 76 (96MB RAM, MOSS), Korg MS2000B, Korg monotron series (classic, duo, delay), Korg monotribe, Kawai K5000W, Nord Stage 88, Nord Electro 2, Nord Modular G2X, Nord Lead 3, Novation X-Station, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air

www.removesilence.com
JuneauUnderground

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phattbuzz wrote:

True . . . Also Using my iPad almost exclusively lately, I find myself tapping the screen on my MacBookPro. Wacky
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: