Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Definate Possible Screen Bug
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
firstlovedan

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:15 am    Post subject: Definate Possible Screen Bug Reply with quote

Last night while I was working, my son kept coming in and out of the studio. Today, I noticed what looks like a moth flying around my screen. I am not sure if a moth is considered a bug or not, but this definately disrupts my work flow! Should I ship my Kronos back or wait for the new os? I have heard of a 'work around' software
called 'Mothballs', but I am not sure if it is available in the states. Please help me. Now, All I want to sequence is Beatle songs! Thanks ahead of time!
Firstovedan

Sorry, just thought someone could use the smile! Cool
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mainly need to be careful that this bug doesn't give your Kronos a virus.

Could be a bug related to screen brightness - if you turn the brightness down, does the bug dissipate?
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: Definate Possible Screen Bug Reply with quote

firstlovedan wrote:
Last night while I was working, my son kept coming in and out of the studio. Today, I noticed what looks like a moth flying around my screen. I am not sure if a moth is considered a bug or not, but this definately disrupts my work flow! Should I ship my Kronos back or wait for the new os? I have heard of a 'work around' software
called 'Mothballs', but I am not sure if it is available in the states. Please help me. Now, All I want to sequence is Beatle songs! Thanks ahead of time!

The best thing to do would be to get a can of Raid-X and spray the screen, the sliders and the knobs and buttons (be very careful to completely saturate any openings in the case).

In general, bug spray is exceedingly effective on all kinds of bugs, even software bugs, but you have to get the correct variety. If you do intend to sequence beatle songs, then you would want to NOT buy the Raid-Beetle-X variety. On the other hand, if you're into the Police, you would want to stay away from the Wasp-Killer variety, as this tends to work against the Sting-ing bugs. And Adam Ant covers? Well, need I say more?

Disclaimer: do not try this at home. Professional driver on a test track. Wink

Hooch

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need a can of full strength Whoop Ass.
They carry it at Sweetwater.
Kills all bugs.

John
peter_schwartz

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: Definate Possible Screen Bug Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Disclaimer Professional Kay,

I work exclusively outside in the dark at night on my Kronos, and up until now I've been plagued by flying insects drawn to the glow of the screen. Needless to say, I read your post with enthusiasm and took your advice. I made super sure to angle the nozzle to get underneath all the knobs and faders. It fixed the problem, for sure, but now the screen is dead and there's smoke coming out of the back. Is this normal?

Signed,

Perplexed
Stupider-Than-Dirtville, North Carolina
JPWC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The smoke your noticing is used to help with pesky little love bugs.

Love bugs are attracted to the Kronos, much the same way you are.
Kronos-6, Krome, M3, Radias, KingKorg, microKorg, KP-2, KP-3, KO-1, KO-1 PRO, Karma, microX, monotron, monotribe, PadCONTROL, Wavedrum Mini, Volca Keys, Beats, Bass, Sample, monotron Duo & Delay, microArranger, M1, Wavestation, Volca Sample, Keys, Beats & Bass, MS-20

JD-XA, JD-Xi, Aira (system 1, TB3, TR8, MX-1), Prophet 12, Mopho X4, Jupiter-80, FA-06, D50, CS1x, CZ101, DX200, AN200, analogFOUR, MachineDrum, MonoMachine, Motif XF6, Virus Snow, Nord Lead 2X, OP-1, MFOS, Tenori-on, QY100, QY70, meeblip se, miniBrute, microBrute, Bass Station 2
mathieumaes

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Definate Possible Screen Bug Reply with quote

firstlovedan wrote:
Last night while I was working, my son kept coming in and out of the studio.

Sorry, I don't follow... Did your son plant the bug in your Kronos ? Shocked
firstlovedan

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!!!!! You guys are awesome! The Adam Ant thing.... Yes! I was sitting here trying to come up with bug band names and couldn't remember!
Blessings and Beatles,
Firstlovedan
Andy Leary
Korg Research and Development

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

During the Oasys development, we sent a prototype unit to Peter Schwartz so he could do voicing work for us. When the unit came back, we discovered it had a bug:

That thing scared the $#!# out of me!

Ever since then, the engineers at Korg R&D keep passing that nasty bug around. Sometimes it will just show up in some developer's synth without warning.
peter_schwartz

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, I totally forgot about that! LOLOL!

And as I always say, "Remember to use only the highest quality double-sided tape to ensure things stay in place during shipping!"
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
JPWC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no Sina, this is not funny, bugs and bug infestations can raise big problems for modern electronic systems. Shocked

Laughing

And when I am at home practicing away, my son many times bugs me! He is 14 years old, and I have to bug him to do his homework! And that's never funny.
Kronos-6, Krome, M3, Radias, KingKorg, microKorg, KP-2, KP-3, KO-1, KO-1 PRO, Karma, microX, monotron, monotribe, PadCONTROL, Wavedrum Mini, Volca Keys, Beats, Bass, Sample, monotron Duo & Delay, microArranger, M1, Wavestation, Volca Sample, Keys, Beats & Bass, MS-20

JD-XA, JD-Xi, Aira (system 1, TB3, TR8, MX-1), Prophet 12, Mopho X4, Jupiter-80, FA-06, D50, CS1x, CZ101, DX200, AN200, analogFOUR, MachineDrum, MonoMachine, Motif XF6, Virus Snow, Nord Lead 2X, OP-1, MFOS, Tenori-on, QY100, QY70, meeblip se, miniBrute, microBrute, Bass Station 2

Last edited by JPWC on Wed May 09, 2012 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the fact that it is being called a "definate" possible bug!?!?
firstlovedan

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most bugs are Definate/Possible! They only show up when no one can help you, and then you get someone to 'Take A Look', and the dang thing works the way it is supposed to!!! And I am possibly absolutely sure about this fact/hypothesis!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: