Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best Storage Solutions??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
evhwolfy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Best Storage Solutions?? Reply with quote

I am in the process of looking for additional storage for my K88. I am curious to hear the opinions of other users.

Should I upgrade the internal hard drive?

Buy a USB external hard drive?

Any other options I may be overlooking? (I am currently using flash drives, but they seem to fill up to quick with the type of projects I am doing)

Are there any specific brands or models that anyone has found to be better or faster than others?
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I transfer all my finished projects on my PC hard drives. And I keep only those that are useful to me in the kronos. So there is always room on the internal disk

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about for sample libraries

YouTube -
https://www.youtube.com/juliusdeberryjr

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/majesticstudiosllc

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/majesticstudios_jld/
Cpilot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have both. I installed a 120 GB Intel 320 SSD which works just fine and I also have a 500GB external drive, a Seagate 9SD2A4-500. The external drive was a third of the price of the SSD but is of course a little slower.

Bryan
mathieumaes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronos 2.0 would probably have an OS that allows you to browse the Korg store and install Dropbox which syncs your projects with the cloud !

Wait, this probably should be in the wishlist thread Very Happy
sound4sina

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathieumaes wrote:
Kronos 2.0 would probably have an OS that allows you to browse the Korg store and install Dropbox which syncs your projects with the cloud !

Freakin' great idea! I definitely think they should move to the cloud! Imagine hooking up the keyboard to the Internet and be able to download samples and sounds on stage! Pretty wild Shocked

OP, go with a SSD if you can manage to install it as an internal drive. Not sure about the Kronos, but there is a mounting kit available for the Pa3X. The extra cash you pay for the SSD will pay itself off in the long run. I think Sharp did that a while ago, and mentioned it wouldn't be beneficial to go faster than a SATA Type 1 drive.
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm planning on installing a larger SSD in the not too distant future. As for connecting with the cloud I have huge problems with that. I guess I'm old fashioned but I really want to keep all of my data with me. I'm just waiting for the cloud to turn into hail and come crashing to the ground and melt. If I was a crazy terrorist I'd be working on something like that right now. It would be far more disastrous than any dirty nuke bomb.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
mathieumaes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has happened Smile
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1379474/Web-chaos-Amazon-cloud-failure-crashes-major-websites-Playstation-Network-goes-AGAIN.html

I was referring to the Dropbox service, which has not the intention for storing your data "only" in the cloud. It helps synchronizing files over several devices and computers, and consider the cloud storage as a backup...
sound4sina

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathieumaes wrote:
I was referring to the Dropbox service, which has not the intention for storing your data "only" in the cloud. It helps synchronizing files over several devices and computers, and consider the cloud storage as a backup...

Right. The purpose of the cloud would first and foremost be the ability to always have a backup. Let's say you edit a style or a sample. The cloud will keep all previous versions of the file, which make it simple to go back, similar to an 'undo'.

Would be great if KORG opened up their API so developers could write custom apps for the keyboards. It would semi-revolutionize the industry, and Dropbox would then be a few code lines away.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: