Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sorry for the ad, but check out the new Catalyst Set....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: sorry for the ad, but check out the new Catalyst Set.... Reply with quote

Wow!! As per another thread I recently purchase the Karma Editor for the Kronos. But I also splurged a bit and also bought the Catalyst Volume 1 - “Creativity Xplosion!” which is brand new for the Kronos.

http://www.karma-lab.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=34

It is superb!! Each Combi is truly ready to go and play live with, perfectly balanced, and extremely well produced....

Check it out when you get the chance .....and ONLY $32!!!! I can tell you I will be checking the Karma store regularly from now on looking for more from this Catalyst Series...

I wonder if they will convert over some the their other ones for use on the K???

Anyway sorry for the advert, but I really wanted to give a heads-up on this one!!

PS:
I don't know if you had a hand in the production Stephen, but wow - huge kudos, what a set of combis!! Everyone of them is immediately useable with no tweaking, perfectly balanced with extremely well matched sounds and setup - terrific job!!
DocBambs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miden,

I don't think your comments run any risk of being classed as an advert (in a breaching rules sort of way). You were recommending the product which is something useful to the forum. It is so hard knowing from the web site how good a product will be and a positive review is worth 20 negative ones - people tend to write when they are unhappy with things, not happy.

Can you clarify... Do you need the Karma software to use it or can the sets be loaded straight onto the Kronos?

Thanks

DB
miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Doc....no Karma software needed. Just load in the 32 combis in the PCG to the USER A on the Kronos and you are good to go Smile
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miden wrote:
http://www.karma-lab.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=34

It is superb!! Each Combi is truly ready to go and play live with, perfectly balanced, and extremely well produced....

I wonder if they will convert over some the their other ones for use on the K???

Hey, thanks a bunch miden, appreciate it. Very Happy

We do plan to have some more sets at some point, have to release some other things first. I've got another set of 32 (Reincarnated) about half-way done for the Kronos (it's already out for the M3/M50), but then I got pulled away by trying to release the KARMA Motif software. But there will be more at some point.

Quote:
I don't know if you had a hand in the production Stephen, but wow - huge kudos, what a set of combis!! Everyone of them is immediately useable with no tweaking, perfectly balanced with extremely well matched sounds and setup - terrific job!!

I work with several other programmers on these sets. Usually another programmer (Jim [EJ2] Sawyer in this particular case) does the initial work and brings them to a certain level, and then hands them off to me. Then I spend several weeks to a month of dedicated time tweaking, mixing, sometimes modifying the GEs and scenes, adding my particular KARMA expertise to the whole package. So it really is a collaboration between the programmer and myself.

Anyway, glad you like it.

DocBambs wrote:
Can you clarify... Do you need the Karma software to use it or can the sets be loaded straight onto the Kronos?

You don't need the KARMA Kronos software. It's just a set of combis that can be loaded directly into the Kronos.

The main info page is here:

http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst1.html

There are some audio/video demo links there, and also on my youtube channel (karmagician): http://www.youtube.com/user/karmagician

Last edited by StephenKay on Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:15 pm; edited 3 times in total
miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Stephen, thanks for the info.

Yeah, I have to say you can really see and hear a LOT of work has gone into them...and the price is amazing...I don't think folks could ask for better value for money really.

I will keep an eye out for when the Reincarnate gets released Smile

Cheers
Dennis
Francois
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all know Stephen's talent as a developer, demonstrator and musician, but a reminder every so often doesn't hurt !

In fact, your post reminded me that I had planned to buy that bank for when the Kronos would be here. So i'm going to do that now. Cheers !
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I've had Catalyst on my Kronos since last July. I must say anything that Stephen touches sounds like it is ready for production. The mastering is incredible not to mention his tweaking of all the karma parameters. Very good set!
ChrisP

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree, some Karma scenes in the Combis just take you somewhere into the middle of a jungle... with all the subtle sounds of insects, drums etc.

Great work!

I had this thought - What if KL has an online course on how to program Karma scenes and then conduct online exam to test the knowledge and award "Kay Certified Karma Programmer" (KCP) title by charging a nominal fee for the exam.

Since the programming is so deep, i think we'll need really need to study to master the programming for great results.

:-)
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind comments! Wink

EJ2
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's true, Stephen has a "big hand" in taking my combis to a higher level, not to mention all the other work, (support docs etc.) that goes into producing a collection of "fully KARMA-fied" combis.

Thanks again for the positive comments on Catalyst v 1. Volume 2 is in the wings waiting for the master's touch.

CATALYST v 2 Blast of Inspiration for KRONOS & OASYS: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst2.html
CATALYST v 1 Combi Explosion for KRONOS, OASYS, M3, & K-M50: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst1.html
CHEMISTRY 3, a Groove Injection for Your Karma: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/chem3.html
SoundCloud MP3 Demoshttps://soundcloud.com/ej2-sc
Francois
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If EJ after 10 years of Karma tinkering still requires the hand of the master to polish things off, this doesn't bode well for the rest of us ! Wink
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francois wrote:
If EJ after 10 years of Karma tinkering still requires the hand of the master to polish things off, this doesn't bode well for the rest of us ! Wink

Sorry, but your little smiley does not make your comment anymore digestible. I'm sure that Eric's combis in their final production were far superior to what you or I are doing. If I were putting together a combi set, I would be more than pleased to have the originator put his final touches on them.. As a matter of fact I would expect him to want to tweak them as his name was also on the set and furthermore being sold at his store, what do you think? Wink
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lou, I think Francois meant that as a joke. Wink

I wouldn't say anybody's combis necessarily "need" my hand to polish them off, everybody's got something to offer; however, I will only sell at my store things that I completely believe are the best they possibly can be. No slight on EJ, or Scott, or Paul. But since I know, better than anyone, all of the tricks of KARMA, it can only make the sets better if I "executive produce" each combi (that I sell). Not to mention, the mix of a combi is extremely important and I pride myself on mixes. I do try to make each one "ready for mastering" as much as possible. However, I will also say that I've never achieved a perfect mix. Every combi I load up, regardless if it's "done" or "released", I can still get sucked into trying to tweak it some more. Eventually, you run out of time. Wink

If I only cared about money, I'd just be releasing sets left and right, from anybody that wanted to send me one. But that's not how I roll. That's why I only occasionally release a set of KARMA-fied combis. EJ (Jim Sawyer), Scott Raposa (Reincarnated) and Paul Osborn (Chemistry, M3/Oasys factory voicing, KARMA Motif) have all proved themselves to me as extremely competent KARMA programmers - of which there are a handful in the world. I would include several others in there, who seem to be content to release their stuff as free contributions to the Korg community, and that's perfectly fine. I applaud their contributions to the community - and thank them! It's all good.

Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StephenKay wrote:
Lou, I think Francois meant that as a joke. Wink

I'm sure he meant no harm. It just didn't sound nice on Jim's behalf.
My first instinct was not to comment and stay out of it. I guess I should've just went with it.
Francois
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lou wrote:
I'm sure that Eric's combis in their final production were far superior to what you or I are doing.

Of that, I have no doubt ! Hence my comment, meaning that for us, mere mortals, it's not easy to create karmified combis that produce good results.

I wasn't having a dig at all if that's what you understood.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: