Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is the Korg Kronos the right keyboard for me?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darmin De'flern

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assyrianpianist wrote:
Sina172 wrote:
Whatever they need, I'll fund it.

Sina

wow Cool

With all the passion, resources and knowledge that you have, you should totally consider starting a brand new workstation. Idea

BTW would never consider selling my other keyboards. The Roland VA-7 for both sentimental reasons and due to the fact i got some nice things setup on it I worked hard at.

The Roland G70 I would not get rid off because its a great keyboard but mainly for its guitar function which I use a huge amount If my G70 was a write off I would have to buy another one or an E80 as thats how important that part of the keyboard is to me rather than a newer keyboard like the Kronos.

I have no idea why no other keyboard manufacturer has not doing anything similar as it allows you to build up songs as you would on a guitar.

If your not sure what im talking about the G70 splits the keyboard in 3 so you have chords, finger picking and diffrent strum options up the top.
Rolang VA7, Roland G-70 Ver3, quad core dell lappi with 6gb mem, DAW = Reaper, Amplitube 2,3. Scarlett Fockesrite 18-6, Mackie 1604 mixer, Washburn status 1000 headless bass, Roland 2.1 Monitors, Sunheizer Mic & Monitor headphones, Korg Kronos 88.
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darmin De'flern

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sina172 wrote:
Assyrianpianist wrote:
Sina172 wrote:
Whatever they need, I'll fund it.

Sina

wow Cool

With all the passion, resources and knowledge that you have, you should totally consider starting a brand new workstation. Idea

I would do that, but Korg is already leading the way....They are headed in the right direction and if I make the OASYS and KRONOS as my starting point with whats already there, These two instruments will be the pinnacle of which all other will be judged.

That's already true with the 9 Synth Engines KRONOS offers. Expand that to the OASYS with On-Board GE Editors on both instruments, a complete overhaul of the sequencer on both keyboards with the same form factor, just more DAW-like and KARMA 3 for the OASYS, with a faster Dual-Core processor, 8GB RAM, both SSD (to use as FLASH RAM) and a 1TB HDD for storage, OS, etc. And then opening up that VGA Monitor port in the OASYS to support a second Monitor, Keyboard and Mouse to make it a fully blown, stand alone DAW, Synth Workstation. I mean, there's a LOT on my mind about this....

For existing OASYS users, I wanna do this at an astoundingly low upgraded price point. But for new users, it won't be cheap. It could be much more expensive than what the OASYS was, but my perception is to give people something they are actually willing to pay more than $8K for.

For most people, the OASYS was too expensive for what it was, and I agree with them to a certain point. Feature-wise it wasn't worth the price tag. But sound wise, WOW! It was worth every penny. I'm still blown away by KRONOS. It's the exact same sound at half the cost. Shocked

So if I used both KRONOS and OASYS as my starting point, it'll be something that will bring in new people who just want a dedicated piece of hardware that does it all...That doesn't really exist right now.

One could argue the Music Computing and Open Labs have that, but it's not integrated in the same way KRONOS is. It's just not there, yet.

So that's where I wanna put my resources towards.

Keep in mind, that this isn't gonna happen overnight. This is a 2-year project and it's going to cost $100's of thousands of dollars to do, if not more. R&D could lead to over $500K. But I don't care.

I WANT to do this, to not only help Korg, but once completed, all existing Korg users will reap the benefits.....They'll have more resources to build new synths, new workstations, and compete with the DAW market as well....More updates, less secrets and lack of communication, and by the time this gets done, I may just buy the company to keep it in that direction.

I have enough money. I don't need to profit from this. It'll be like a charity for musicians and I'll pay the workers SO well, that struggles will be a thing of the past. They'll have time and money to actually enjoy their lives and live their dream. For a LOT of people, that doesn't mean millions of dollars. For them, they just want a comfortable life and enough finances to travel and enjoy time with their families.

They'll not only continue working for a company they love, but they'll have enough money to live their lives the way they've always wanted.

This NEEDS to be done and I'm literally 2-3 months out from implementing this and taking it to the next level.

They need help and if I don't do it, I'm not sure if anyone else will....At least not in this way....

This is gonna start a trend. An abundant trend to help people and make this world a better place.

Sina

I think if somone were to design a keyboard that is a synth a workstation and an arranger (Korg is 2 out of 3 allready) then that would be brilliant for people. I dont understand why Kord doesnt do this as Roland and Yamaha are far ahead sales wise in arrangers so they have less to lose in combining the arranger element to the synth, workstation that is the kronos. As I think that it would help to cut into the other keyboards brands keyboards just by being such a fully feature and inexpensive (for what it is) machine.
Rolang VA7, Roland G-70 Ver3, quad core dell lappi with 6gb mem, DAW = Reaper, Amplitube 2,3. Scarlett Fockesrite 18-6, Mackie 1604 mixer, Washburn status 1000 headless bass, Roland 2.1 Monitors, Sunheizer Mic & Monitor headphones, Korg Kronos 88.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: