Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Editor doesn't show TONE ADJUST knobs/buttons/sliders...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
curvebender
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Editor doesn't show TONE ADJUST knobs/buttons/sliders... Reply with quote

I am working with the editor for the first time today, and I have a problem.

When I choose the TONE ADJUST tab in the editor, it shows the parameters chosen for the program, but there are no knobs, buttons or sliders!! It's all blank..

(The TONE ADJUST knobs and sliders are visible in COMBI mode.)

I'm on a Mac 10.6.8, Kronos 1.6.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Last edited by curvebender on Thu May 03, 2012 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
SoundQuest

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The editor deals with Kronos parameters which are actually stored in the data. In the Combi, the knob and slider settings are stored as part of the data. In the Program they are not, hence the knobs and sliders are not displayed.
curvebender
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoundQuest wrote:
The editor deals with Kronos parameters which are actually stored in the data. In the Combi, the knob and slider settings are stored as part of the data. In the Program they are not, hence the knobs and sliders are not displayed.

Thanks for your quick reply.

But I don't understand: how are tone adjust parameters NOT stored in a programs data?..

Thanks.
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

curvebender wrote:
But I don't understand: how are tone adjust parameters NOT stored in a programs data?..

+1

i don't understand this either, when i modify the tone adjust parameters of a program on the kronos and write it to memory, then the tone parameters are stored in that program (even when saving and loading the programs from a PCG on disk). So that makes me believe that the tone adjust parameters are stored in the program.

Question Question Question
Sparker

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that when you made changes with 'Tone Adjust' in program mode and saved the program that the new tone adjust settings were saved as the (new) program default. And that when you made changes using 'Tone Adjust' in Combi Mode then these changes were only temporary (i.e. Combi changes were not saved as a new default).

I've no idea what happens with the editor though, not having loaded it.

Line 6 Flextone XL / Line 6 POD XT / Roland V Bass / Ampeg Portabass & Cab / Assorted Guitars (no whammy bar) ... and a Fender Champ ...
X-Trade

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In program mode I guess Tone Adjust is changing the program parameters directly.

In combi and sequence modes, each timbre has its own set of 'overrides' which are the Tone Adjust data.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:
In program mode I guess Tone Adjust is changing the program parameters directly.

In combi and sequence modes, each timbre has its own set of 'overrides' which are the Tone Adjust data.

But that then implies the editor can't edit direct TA program parameters - isn't that what an editor is supposed to do; edit the parameters of all available sounds?

Seems really strange to only do combis...

Mind you, I don't understand why the editor can't read PCGs either!
X-Trade

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cello wrote:
X-Trade wrote:

But that then implies the editor can't edit direct TA program parameters - isn't that what an editor is supposed to do; edit the parameters of all available sounds?

Seems really strange to only do combis...

Mind you, I don't understand why the editor can't read PCGs either!

Yeah, I would suggest it's more of a duplication/efficiency thing - not having dynamic controllers which edit something which I'd already available.
It's lazy if you ask me! That would also explain the PCG issue Wink
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
zzz

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does seem strange that a synth editor can't play with that synth's own voice format Surprised It's akin to Doom not being able to read its own game save!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: