Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I love my KRONOS.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phattbuzz wrote:
mathieumaes wrote:

The touch screen really opened many doors for me.

The touch screen has been a bit of a problem for me. I get quite frustrated trying to change parameters on the screens of my other keyboards. Wink

One time I was demoing a Yamaha or Roland (can't remember exactly) together with a Korg (Triton at that moment) and I kept pressing on the Yamaha or Roland screen ... nothing happened Sad

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
JPROBERTLA

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Can't function or fathom life without touch screen! Reply with quote

Coming from the Trinity and Triton, the Kronos was the next logical step in the evolution of workstations for me. I thought the Oasys was simply too expensive and the M3 was not enough improvement over the Triton to warrant the time it would take transfer 200+ sequences. That said, after having the Kronos for a while, I have decided to keep the Triton (a loaded Studio 88) as it has some sounds which are more usable (guitars, strings and brass) than the comparable Kronos sounds. This may change as I am just about to upgrade to 3G and load some of the samples that won't fit right now.

For me, the real strength of the Kronos are the various pure synth engines (MS-20EX, PolysixEX, AL-1 and MOD-7); not that the SGX-1, EP-1 and CX-3 engines aren't good and the HD-1 sonically superior to the Triton, but those 4 synth engines are so good that I been able to incorporate them into many old sequences with substantial improvements over previous Triton sample based sounds. Many of my newer sequences are being built around synth sounds; something that in the past I shied away from because I was working with samples of synths.

I don't believe STR-1 has been fully figured out and utilized yet; but on paper it has much to work with.
Kronos2-88, Behringer XR18, Turbosound IP2000 (x2), dbx DriveRack 260, KRK Rokit 8s, Mackie CFX16, Mackie SRM450(x2), Mackie SRS1500 (x2), BBE processors (x4), Roland VSR 880 (x2), Alto TS210, Alto TX10 (x3) and SoundForge
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love my Kronos to.
It's simply awesome.
Had mine 7 months and I'm still only scratching the surface.

Going to be a long seductive, squelchy love affair. (mines a female btw). I checked the slots at the back.

Angel
DocBambs

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

runningman67 wrote:
I love my Kronos to.
It's simply awesome.
Had mine 7 months and I'm still only scratching the surface.

Going to be a long seductive, squelchy love affair. (mines a female btw). I checked the slots at the back.

Angel

My Triton is male (Gizmo) and my Yamaha P80 is female (no name).

My K61 should arrive tomorrow or early next week - I'll get my wife to check the ports as she works in Child Protection - just to make sure nothing inappropriate can be suggested with one so young. Rolling Eyes

DB
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: