Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos as Audio Interface for iPad
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeebustrain wrote:
Ksynth wrote:
qrobinez wrote:
Qtipcore wrote:
No, I used the B connector as well.
The Kronos shouldn't really consume any power via the USB B connector, since it has its own power supply.

Only difference is that I have the iPad 2, but that shouldn't really matter?

I haven't got an iPad 3 to test with so I can't confirm if that's the case though.

Stupid question follows: ( Shocked )

Have you tried rebooting both devices before connecting?

no didn't reboot both devices, but i will try it with an older ipad. I have multiple ipads in the studio, but only tried it with the newest ipad. But you could be right that the older ones work. Will try that tonight and will let you know.

thanks for your help Smile

Perhaps the iPad needs to be fully / well charged or at least have some minimum level in this situation?

My iPad 2 was and I had no problem connecting.

I would check that as well. I have an Ipad 3 and it works just fine with the Apple branded camera kit. Maybe try a different usb cable?

yes, i've tried that the last hour and that was the solution. Normally i use a 5 meter long usb cable from the Kronos, and that's to long for an ipad i guess. Now i have a 1.8 meter cable and it works flawlessly.

It's also very nice the audio works over usb.

Thank you all for the help and this tip, it's really nice to have the ipad connected this way!
TSUNAMI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So i went out and brought a camera connection kit today after reading this post !!!!!

BOOM !!!

Tis pretty cool .... but is there an easy way to set up a volume control for the incoming iPad audio signal ?????
13in Retina MacBook Pro, Quadcore i5 27in 8GB iMac, Logic Studio 9.1, Ableton Live9, Push, Volca Beats, Korg KRONOS 61, Korg Arp odyssey, Roland D50, Yamaha SY85, Moog Sub37, Roland TR8, Roland SP808, Korg NanoPad2, Eventide H9, Presonus 1602, Alesis M1 MkII, Yamaha APX5, Fender Splattercaster, DrumKat DK10, 1000 miles of cable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qrobinez wrote:
jeebustrain wrote:
Ksynth wrote:
qrobinez wrote:
Qtipcore wrote:
No, I used the B connector as well.
The Kronos shouldn't really consume any power via the USB B connector, since it has its own power supply.

Only difference is that I have the iPad 2, but that shouldn't really matter?

I haven't got an iPad 3 to test with so I can't confirm if that's the case though.

Stupid question follows: ( Shocked )

Have you tried rebooting both devices before connecting?

no didn't reboot both devices, but i will try it with an older ipad. I have multiple ipads in the studio, but only tried it with the newest ipad. But you could be right that the older ones work. Will try that tonight and will let you know.

thanks for your help Smile

Perhaps the iPad needs to be fully / well charged or at least have some minimum level in this situation?

My iPad 2 was and I had no problem connecting.

I would check that as well. I have an Ipad 3 and it works just fine with the Apple branded camera kit. Maybe try a different usb cable?

yes, i've tried that the last hour and that was the solution. Normally i use a 5 meter long usb cable from the Kronos, and that's to long for an ipad i guess. Now i have a 1.8 meter cable and it works flawlessly.

It's also very nice the audio works over usb.

Thank you all for the help and this tip, it's really nice to have the ipad connected this way!

My cable is 2 metres and is made up with two cable - one with a female end to join with the second cable.

Interesting you have to keep your cable so short.
Qtipcore

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TSUNAMI wrote:
So i went out and brought a camera connection kit today after reading this post !!!!!

BOOM !!!

Tis pretty cool .... but is there an easy way to set up a volume control for the incoming iPad audio signal ?????

Yes - Switch the control surface on the Kronos to "Audio In", and then adjust the volume from the iPad from faders 3 & 4.

Works in any mode:-)
TSUNAMI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double BOOM thanks man !!!

Qtipcore wrote:
TSUNAMI wrote:

BOOM !!!

Yes - Switch the control surface on the Kronos to "Audio In", and then adjust the volume from the iPad from faders 3 & 4.

Works in any mode:-)

13in Retina MacBook Pro, Quadcore i5 27in 8GB iMac, Logic Studio 9.1, Ableton Live9, Push, Volca Beats, Korg KRONOS 61, Korg Arp odyssey, Roland D50, Yamaha SY85, Moog Sub37, Roland TR8, Roland SP808, Korg NanoPad2, Eventide H9, Presonus 1602, Alesis M1 MkII, Yamaha APX5, Fender Splattercaster, DrumKat DK10, 1000 miles of cable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos as Audio Interface for iPad Reply with quote

Qtipcore wrote:
I've just bought the Camera Connection Kit for the iPad today, and hooked the iPad up to the Kronos just for fun.

I knew that Midi would work, but as it turns out audio just works as well!

How cool is that?! Cool

Confirmed that it is working as audio output with Korg iMS-20, iElectribe, MorpWiz, AniMoog -So output seems to work for all applications.

Audio input is also working so that you can record the Kronos Audio digitally directly into the iPad. Tested with Garageband. And Filtatron - Beware of feedbacks:-)

I haven't had time to test the external inputs on the Kronos, but I guess that will work as well. Very Happy

Edit: I've tested recording from the external input to the iPad. It works. Surprised

Should this work with OASYS too or are there Kronos USB capabilities not on OASYS (I'm an OASYS user but away so can't try it).

Thanks,
Kevin.
markn

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately not, the O doesn't support neither Usb-Midi, nore Usb-Audio Sad
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you guys know that there's a discount price for the Animoog APP, it's only this week.

Especially the Animoog app and the Steppolyarp app and the Kronos is a killer combi when you play with combi's and ipad apps.

Yesterday i played the following setup:
- left hand, combi patterns
- ipad steppolyarp played a program sound in the combi in timbre 9 and was triggered by the chords played with my left hand
- ipad animoog app was played with my right hand

Because the ipad can play multiple apps at the same time i could use the stepolyarp with the Kronos and the animoog at the same time.

Incredible performance power this way. That camera connection kit was one of the best tips in ages Smile

PS.
the steppolyarp can be found here:
http://laurentcolson.com/steppolyarp.html

the animoog can be found here:
http://moogmusic.com/products/apps/animoog
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qrobinez wrote:
Did you guys know that there's a discount price for the Animoog APP, it's only this week.

Especially the Animoog app and the Steppolyarp app and the Kronos is a killer combi when you play with combi's and ipad apps.

Yesterday i played the following setup:
- left hand, combi patterns
- ipad steppolyarp played a program sound in the combi in timbre 9 and was triggered by the chords played with my left hand
- ipad animoog app was played with my right hand

Because the ipad can play multiple apps at the same time i could use the stepolyarp with the Kronos and the animoog at the same time.

Incredible performance power this way. That camera connection kit was one of the best tips in ages Smile

PS.
the steppolyarp can be found here:
http://laurentcolson.com/steppolyarp.html

the animoog can be found here:
http://moogmusic.com/products/apps/animoog

Just bought Steppolyarp for $12

Hoped it has a random feature And it does indeed. Excellent interface.

Also watched a video about the JP50 showing the iPad app

Korg really needs to do an app for the
Kronos even if it just concentrates on key features
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget to download the app midi studio today, it's free today and it's perfect to use as a midi controller for the kronos, like playing the pads, activating the scenes or switches and even the vector x y control pads.
Francois
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qui,

We know very little about a Kronos/iOS combination apart from the fact that the camera connection kit works.

I think you've find your topic for tutorial number 8 of your YT channel ! As I don't have an iPad, I'd be very interested in watching what can be done with it in relation with the Kronos.

And I'm sure others would be too !

Kronoscopie, tout sur le Kronos en français

http://www.kronoscopie.fr
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francois wrote:
Qui,

We know very little about a Kronos/iOS combination apart from the fact that the camera connection kit works.

I think you've find your topic for tutorial number 8 of your YT channel ! As I don't have an iPad, I'd be very interested in watching what can be done with it in relation with the Kronos.

And I'm sure others would be too !

Actually i'm working at that tutorial. The integration is stunning.

Video will be available later this week
Francois
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah... "les grands esprits se rencontrent", French saying meaning "great minds think alike" Wink

Kronoscopie, tout sur le Kronos en français

http://www.kronoscopie.fr
Melodialworks Music
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qrobinez wrote:
Don't forget to download the app midi studio today, it's free today and it's perfect to use as a midi controller for the kronos, like playing the pads, activating the scenes or switches and even the vector x y control pads.

Is this the app called "Midi Studio" by Wiksnet?
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melodialworks Music wrote:
qrobinez wrote:

Is this the app called "Midi Studio" by Wiksnet?

yes,

this one:
http://itunes.apple.com/app/midi-studio/id519720275

works flawlessly (even touch sensitive for the pads)

but i see that they raised the price already, this one has been free only for a couple of hours.

General tip: install the app Appshopper on your ipad (or use the appshopper website for this), everyday there are pricedrops for apps so if you are looking for that specific app just add a watch on it and as soon as there is a price drop you will get notified.

The last weeks a lot of nice music apps were available for lower and free prices. Like the animoog app for only 9 euro (now 24 euro again). But also drum machines for free and the midi studio this afternoon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: