Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos as Audio Interface for iPad
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Qtipcore

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip, qrobinez!

Got it free on the way to rehearsals earlier tonight.
Seems that I was just in time.

Looking forward to your next tutorial Very Happy
Melodialworks Music
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qui -

Thanks. I wanted to make sure I had the correct one. I think my budget will be able to cope with the cost!

I have the iPad, and am getting the Kronos, so am interested in this pairing.

Interested in anything you do. Always first class.

I assume I need to get the camera connection kit for the iPad?

Lawrence

PS - I am also an organist, and plan to use the iPad with Hauptwerk to add to the Rodgers console's sounds . . . cool stuff.
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yesterday i found out a cool trick with the Kronos sample system. You can record directly from the ipad over usb.

That got me thinking and i've tried it:
- set the audio in to USB 1 (left) and 2 (right) on the Sample page.
- now start a song on youtube on the ipad and press the Sample Rec button
- When you hear an interesting part of the song (drumloop) press the start sample button and stop it after the end of the part
- then press the loop checkbox for that recorded sample and select sample index 2
- repeat the procedure above till you got a couple of samples from that youtube song.

now you can easely create a remix of that song with the original samples just by pressing the notes where you attached that sample too. I've tried it with a dance song and it was really easy to do.

This demo will be part of the ipad tutorial i'm working on.
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qrobinez wrote:
yesterday i found out a cool trick with the Kronos sample system. You can record directly from the ipad over usb.

That got me thinking and i've tried it:
- set the audio in to USB 1 (left) and 2 (right) on the Sample page.
- now start a song on youtube on the ipad and press the Sample Rec button
- When you hear an interesting part of the song (drumloop) press the start sample button and stop it after the end of the part
- then press the loop checkbox for that recorded sample and select sample index 2
- repeat the procedure above till you got a couple of samples from that youtube song.

now you can easely create a remix of that song with the original samples just by pressing the notes where you attached that sample too. I've tried it with a dance song and it was really easy to do.

This demo will be part of the ipad tutorial i'm working on.

I knew about recording thru USB from the iPad but assumed that was common knowlege / obvious.

The process you describe could also be done on a DAW using Live for example?

Anyway on the iPad Pandora or other sources could provide the audio too.

There are just so many great sounds from Animoog etc that I don't think I would use Youtube for this. But looking forward to your next video whatever you decide.
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ksynth wrote:

I knew about recording thru USB from the iPad but assumed that was common knowlege / obvious.

yes, but it wasn't until that moment that i realised you could use this trick for several purposes

Ksynth wrote:

The process you describe could also be done on a DAW using Live for example?

definitely, live is much more suited for these kind of things then the kronos.

Ksynth wrote:

Anyway on the iPad Pandora or other sources could provide the audio too.

true, however pandora is blocked in holland, but we have shoutcast and spotify for this.

Ksynth wrote:

There are just so many great sounds from Animoog etc that I don't think I would use Youtube for this.

also true, but the youtube example is just for fun playing, and also to quickly enhance your drum library like a great kick sound from a track. It's just the press of one button during the play of the song.

I've already recorded the animoog demo part for the youtube video.
Did you download the sound expansion pack from moog for the animoog? It's free: http://moogmusic.com/presets/Movement.zip
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already recorded the animoog demo part for the youtube video.
Did you download the sound expansion pack from moog for the animoog? It's free:

I'm not sure. I've downloaded some Animoog extras already. Too hard to keep track of all this stuff sometimes.

Thanks.
lluvaas

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Still can't get my Ipad to work with my Kronos Reply with quote

I've read here about setting up my Ipad with the Kronos and watched Qui Robinez's video too, but for some reason I'm not getting any sound when I hit Kronos keys on any of my Ipad audio apps. Could someone please tell me how to make this work? I have no idea what I'm not doing right. Thanks! L. Crying or Very sad
JonSolo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you go into Global/Audio and enable the USB inputs to L/R?

http://www.solosounds.net
http://jonsolo.me
http://www.soundcloud.com/jonsolo
http://www.twitter.com/thejonsolo

Windows 10 | Intel i9 9900K | 64 GB RAM | Scarlett 18i20 | Nektar Panorama P6
Korg Kronos - 88 | Korg Kronos 2 - 61 | Roland Fantom 6 | Push 2 | Maschine Mk2 | Slate ML1 | JBL LSR308/310
Nuendo 11 | Ableton Live 11 | Reason 12 | FL Studio 20.9
lluvaas

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this issue solved. I wasn't taking the USB that I usually use for my DAW's and connecting that with the camera connection kit to the Ipad. Now it works fine. Thanks so much!
zzz

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can hack into Animoog, putting in your own timres. They have to be 44.1, 16 bit mono and 32kb. Helpful hint, pitch shift them down first. Use ifunbox to insert. Check out Tim's explanation on Discchord. Also, you can insert the same (and longer) samples into the PPG Wavemapper's engine. This is a fantastic synth, one of my favourites for iPad. With the K's sampling engine, you can mix and match between the three. It's interesting to hear the differences the engines make with the same samples.
Going back to wave mapper, with the random button, you can create great starting points for voices, take multisamples, and take over on the K. Years of aimless wandering around inside sound engines, great! Very Happy
ferchis
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry guys for coming into this probably outdated topic, but I've recently purchased the CCK for my Ipad2 and I'm trying to use the Alchemy synth on it, when I connect the USB cable to the Kronos it immediately recognises it and in the MIDI configuration I can choose the K to control the App, but I'm not getting any sound from the K output!

I've already tried going to the global/audio page and set the bus select option of USBs 1/2 to L/R, and I can see in the App that every time I hit a key in the K, the sounds are playing, but there's no audio coming out of the Kronos! I've also tried the same but in a given combi, overriding the global parameters, still nothing...

what am I missing?

Kronos 88 - Korg M50 61 - Morphwiz - Alchemy synth
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ferchis wrote:
sorry guys for coming into this probably outdated topic, but I've recently purchased the CCK for my Ipad2 and I'm trying to use the Alchemy synth on it, when I connect the USB cable to the Kronos it immediately recognises it and in the MIDI configuration I can choose the K to control the App, but I'm not getting any sound from the K output!

I've already tried going to the global/audio page and set the bus select option of USBs 1/2 to L/R, and I can see in the App that every time I hit a key in the K, the sounds are playing, but there's no audio coming out of the Kronos! I've also tried the same but in a given combi, overriding the global parameters, still nothing...

what am I missing?

No audio coming out of the Kronos? Do you hear the Kronos sounds at all or do you mean you do not hear the Animoog sounds?

If no K sound at all then maybe your amp is off, turned down, volume pedal off etc?

In Animoog is there a preference to send audio through CCK?
ferchis
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sound IS coming out of the K since I can play progs and combis, but nothing happens with the ipad.

BTW, I,m not using anymoog, it's Alchemy

alland
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What else can be wrong?
- When iPad discovers connected USB device through CCK, it will be silent and send its audio to CCK/USB - so your iPad is not playing sounds, but seemingly sends to Kronos? Does iPad play Alchemy when CCK removed and becomes silent when CCK (connected to Kronos) reconnected?
- In Kronos Audio (in) tab (Global or Combi/Prog) USB1 and USB 2 -> Bus Select L/R; and appropriate level faders up - sound should come out from Kronos.

For any case, check for latest Kronos OS version (2.0.6)
ferchis
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks alland. I've got 2.0.6 in the K, and sound comes out from the ipad when NOT connected to the Kronos, but when I connect it (through the CCK) to the Kronos, that's when I don't get anything...

and I see the Alchemy reacting to my pressing of the keys in the K, yet there's no sound. I'll try the whole thing again today and let you know. my thoughts on the global/combi audio in tab was to "override" the global setting (which can be done within the combi) and simply use the combi one.

I'll let you know how it went...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: