Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Kronos AnalogHypnotics PolySix soundset QR (FREE)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Korg Kronos AnalogHypnotics PolySix soundset QR (FREE) Reply with quote

Korg Kronos AnalogHypnotics PolySix soundset QR
32 Polysix programs for ambient and dance music

Video demo of the soundset:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVei4MfcTZI

Video demo of the programs in use with a combi (not included):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqYw0aFNzr0

The soundset can be downloaded at karma-lab:
http://www.karma-lab.com/forum/showthread.php?p=106289

This soundset is made exclusively for the Korg Kronos synthesizer. It uses lots of the special features that the Korg Kronos Polysix synthesizer has to offer. This soundset contains 32 programs created with the Polysix.
Every program contains a drum track, 8 KARMA scenes and 8 Chords assigned to the Pads. If you want to have an idea how to use the sound just activate the drum track and KARMA and press one of the 8 pads.

The most important part is that all sounds are different so you have examples of how to create specific type of sounds yourself. The best part is that I have decided to release this set for FREE!

There are lots of tricks hidden in these programs. Tricks like:
- WaveShaping
- Modulation through AMS sources
- 8 KARMA scenes with arpeggiator and chord gating patterns for Dance music
- 8 Chord progressions for Dance music for each program
- Effect demo's
- And much more!

So there's a lot more than meets the eye when you first look at the patches, so take your time to explore them if you want to learn programming the PolySix.

This soundset is part 3 of the full QR Ambient Dreams Program set. These sounds are used in the upcoming Combi soundset called Ambient Dreams which will be released later this year.

Ambient Dreams program suite:
MS-20 : ElectroPhoretic
MOD-7 : SpectraKinematics
PolySix : AnalogHypnotics
HD-1 : VectorVitamins

Performance tips and tricks
Almost every program uses the following setup for the Modulation joystick and the Switches. So try every sound to see how you can use these for performance purposes:
SW1: Transpose down
SW2: Lock Ribbon
Ribbon: Cutoff and Resonance
KARMA Scenes: every scene is different

Disclaimer: All sounds can be used freely in any commercial and non-commercial musical production. It's NOT allowed to redistribute the content in this soundset without permission of Qui Robinez.

So to be clear: it's NOT allowed to copy the source file and place it on your own website! If you want to link to the soundset use the link to the Karma-Lab thread where you downloaded this file.

Program List
Location Program Name
U-EE000 Progressive Reso Bass QR
U-EE001 Brute Subosc Bass QR
U-EE002 Yellow Road Pad QR
U-EE003 Humanatrix QR
U-EE004 Cold Forrest Lead QR
U-EE005 Computer Malfunction QR
U-EE006 Landscapes QR
U-EE007 Follow the Dark Saws QR
U-EE008 Transmission Lead QR
U-EE009 Green Glass EP QR
U-EE010 Hypnotic Signs Arp QR
U-EE011 Trance Arp Filler QR
U-EE012 Arise Ribbon Power QR
U-EE013 Icy Orange Pad QR
U-EE014 High Octane QR
U-EE015 Clicking Tripwire Arp QR
U-EE016 Station Entrance QR
U-EE017 Illusive Star Pad QR
U-EE018 Cataclysmic Arp QR
U-EE019 Kronos Superstrings QR
U-EE020 Heat Wave Arp QR
U-EE021 Hieroglyphics Pad QR
U-EE022 Scavanger Hunt QR
U-EE023 Smooth Silver Arp QR
U-EE024 Bright Sunlight Pad QR
U-EE025 Talking Artifacts QR
U-EE026 Jasmine Bottle Arp QR
U-EE027 Cold Fog Pad QR
U-EE028 Electrifying Arp QR
U-EE029 Dark Fire Bass QR
U-EE030 Magical Kingdom QR
U-EE031 The Fifth Meeting QR

Install instructions:
- Download the AnalogHypQR.ZIP file
- Unzip the File on your computer
- Copy the AnalogHypnoticsQR.PCG file to an usb stick
- On the Kronos press the disk button and load the PCG file from usb stick to the bank you like. (the default bank is U-EE)

It's was a lot of work to create these programs, sounddesigners on this forum put a lot of effort in their creations to make them available for everyone. So PLEASE leave a note to keep us motivated sharing our combi's and sounds.

I really would like to know which is your favorite program from this collection. Have fun with the soundset!

regards,
Qui Robinez

Last edited by QuiRobinez on Mon May 14, 2012 5:41 am; edited 1 time in total
DrpC

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Thank you! Reply with quote

Simply Outstanding, Qrobinez. Razz

Wow, this has to be a whole bunch of work and you're releasing them for free.
Before long, you will have more libraries available than Korg has for the Kronos. Very Happy

Thanks again for all your dedication, time and support for this community! Cool
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another great gift.

Brilliant.

Love Smooth Silver Arp and Heat Wave Arp. Very Tangerine Dream like inducing sounds.
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ksynth wrote:
Love Smooth Silver Arp and Heat Wave Arp. Very Tangerine Dream like inducing sounds.

Thanks,

The heat wave arp is also my personal favorite sound of this soundset.
That arp can be used in any musical context and still sounds great over all the other sounds, that's why i like it that much Smile
mrfudge

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Wow! These are fantastic, thank you so much for all your hard work, I love them all. Very Happy
billysynth1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou very much for these. I look forward to your combi's and happy to pay for all the work you have put into all these librarys you have provided.

Regards
Billy
I am a student of classical piano...I am not a classical pianist.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again from me too.

And yes, after all the free instructions and soundsets we should all encourage you to take some of our money for the next effort! Exclamation Smile
jazlover
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though this is not my style of music...these are excellent as always. Thank you Qui !.....again and again.
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nicely done! Thank you for sharing with us!!!

Bill
RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work!
Favorite Gear: Kronos 61, M3, Z1, Radias, KPro, KP3, Moog Voyager, Foogers, Virus TI, Jupiter 80, Integra7, GAIA, SPD-30, Kiwi 106, RE-201, MC808, RC505, MV8800, DSI P6 and OB6 and P12, Ensoniq SQ80, EMU MP-7, Eventide H7600, Eclipse, SPACE, Pitchfactor, Timefactor, Looperlative LP-1, Axe FX Ultra, Nord Modular, DSI Tetra, Tempest, PEK, JDXA, Eurorack Modular, Octatrack, MDUW, Monomachine, A4, RYTM, Waldorf Q Phoenix, MWXTk, Blofeld, TR8.
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:

And yes, after all the free instructions and soundsets we should all encourage you to take some of our money for the next effort! Exclamation Smile

Thank you jimknopf, i'm really glad that you all like the sounds i've provided, and these stay free.

When i bought the Kronos i've noticed that the sound i liked was not available in the factory presets. So a half year ago i started on completely reprogramming the Kronos for the songs i make. Now a lot of these presets were quite good and different then the factory ones. So i've decided to make 4 sets of them of 32 programs and share them with the community so that they could also have the different sound i liked on the Kronos.

I've shared 96 sounds uptill now. The last bank will be a HD1 engine bank where almost all sounds are created with the Vector automation possibilities in mind. Then the 128 programs are shared and everyone can create ambient and dance like songs and combis with those sounds on their own kronos.

But you are not the only one saying that they are willing to pay for soundsets. So i'm investigating if i can setup a store in the future where i can offer some additional soundsets and combi soundsets for the people that are interested in these kind of sounds. I have a lot of different sounds available, like the sounds from the AL-1 engine that i didn't share.

I didn't decide yet if i go that path, because in the past i worked as a professional sound designer for other synth companies and stopped with that due to the hard economical times, but with the possibilities of internet it could be an opportunity for me to start a store for this.

jazlover wrote:
Even though this is not my style of music...these are excellent as always. Thank you Qui !.....again and again.

Really appreciate your remark jazlover, also bear in mind that these sounds can be used for other styles when you disable the KARMA pattern and drum track. For instance the Landscapes preset and the cold fog pad are great sounding patches that can be used for other styles too.
AlchemistMusicStudio

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QR, very good demos. Nice sounds!

My favorites are:
- Progressive Reso Bass QR
- Yellow Road Pad QR
- Arise Ribbon Power QR (no DT)
- Illusive Star Pad QR
- Bright Sunlight Pad QR (no DT)
- Dark Fire Bass QR

Applause

http://www.youtube.com/user/AlchemistMusicStudio
http://www.myspace.com/remiplanet
GooseK87

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qrobinez wrote:
jimknopf wrote:

Thank you jimknopf, i'm really glad that you all like the sounds i've provided, and these stay free.

When i bought the Kronos i've noticed that the sound i liked was not available in the factory presets. So a half year ago i started on completely reprogramming the Kronos for the songs i make. Now a lot of these presets were quite good and different then the factory ones. So i've decided to make 4 sets of them of 32 programs and share them with the community so that they could also have the different sound i liked on the Kronos.

I've shared 96 sounds uptill now. The last bank will be a HD1 engine bank where almost all sounds are created with the Vector automation possibilities in mind. Then the 128 programs are shared and everyone can create ambient and dance like songs and combis with those sounds on their own kronos.

But you are not the only one saying that they are willing to pay for soundsets. So i'm investigating if i can setup a store in the future where i can offer some additional soundsets and combi soundsets for the people that are interested in these kind of sounds. I have a lot of different sounds available, like the sounds from the AL-1 engine that i didn't share.

I didn't decide yet if i go that path, because in the past i worked as a professional sound designer for other synth companies and stopped with that due to the hard economical times, but with the possibilities of internet it could be an opportunity for me to start a store for this.

jazlover wrote:

Really appreciate your remark jazlover, also bear in mind that these sounds can be used for other styles when you disable the KARMA pattern and drum track. For instance the Landscapes preset and the cold fog pad are great sounding patches that can be used for other styles too.

Qui, excellent sounds and creativity, as usual!
I agree with this last comment, as I'm more of a jazz man myself, I still have found countless examples of Qui's sounds useful for my own taste, once the Drums and Karma are turned off Embarassed

Thanks again as always Qui, your work is most appreciated!
rmvieira

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another fantastic set of programs! Great programming and thank you very much for sharing! Very Happy Very Happy
macroenie

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried them out yesterday evening and man Applause what a job well done!
To me this is your best set as almost all tick the box regarding one of the music styles I like.
So once again, thank you so much for your efforts!
I too, would have gladly paid some amount for this set but being Dutch I, of course, do not complain that you provide the set for free Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: