Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please help - Display Issues
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
annvalley

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Please help - Display Issues Reply with quote

I have an M50-88, and am having an issue with my display. Occasionally, I would get some horizontal lines going across the screen, but they would fade after the workstation finished booting up. A couple of days ago, I went to turn it on, and there were bright orange lines going across the screen, and I was unable to view any content. The contrast still works, and it is still playing sounds. I checked all the connections, and they are all plugged in. There is no dust inside the keyboard, or outside - I keep it covered, and it hardly moves from the stand where it is located. Has anyone heard of this happening before, and might know what it is? I'm at a complete loss without my Korg.

Thank you for any help you can offer!
csteen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is most odd given that the M50 does not display color and only black and white. Confused
annvalley

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you - Come to think of it, you're right it is black and white. Maybe, with that info someone might have a better understanding of what is going on. It's a little over a year old. I wouldn't have expected anything to go on it this soon; especially when it goes nowhere.
Pincho Paxton

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a colour display if you power it wrong. From the sides it is pink, and from the front it is blue.
annvalley

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Power it wrong?
csteen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just something wrong with a color picture of a black and white display I think. Confused
annvalley

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I've replaced the display, and now the new display is doing the same thing. Only this time, the lines aren't as bright. They are still there though, and now the contrast isn't changing a thing. The sounds and everything else is working just right. Any other suggestions?
krazykatana

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having the EXACT same problem! Please someone out there HELP!
kimu
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you change display but not the behaviour it maybe a problem in the power send to display or in the controller of the display...

have you contacted your korg assistance center?
krazykatana

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the display was changed and It is still orange. This is getting expensive replacing parts and same results. I already replaced the display as suggested and im out 300$ and need better advice other than "replace the display." The circuit board the display is plugged into I would assume is the power board for the display right? Has anyone else had this problem besides the thread starter annvalley, replaced the power board for the display and fixed the issue of an orange display ? ? ?
kimu
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact authorized korg assistance center.
krazykatana

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I HAVE contacted Korg got 2 service center numbers to which no one is available to work on it thats why im here on these forums! Must be nice to be from Italy, customer service in the states seems to be of no help.
csteen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to contact Korg support on their web sight and you can bet it gets dealt with. I would do so right away as this may take time to go through the email process. I am sure however that someone at korg can help you a great deal more than anyone here. You will most likely have to send in your keyboard for repairs no doubt.... I would really be interested in what they say about a monocrome display showing color if you find the answer let us know...
kimu
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krazykatana, i don not know where you are located, but it quite clear that here on the forum seems noone can give a resolutive help on this issues.

when i had fault on mine M50 i contacted italian authorized korg distributor and they get in contact with korg.us or korg japan to have instruction on how to do.

if your distributor / assistance center is not able to act in this way, i would mail directly korg.us or korg japan explaining your situation and telling that their country agancy was not able to take care of you.
conundrum

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krazykatana wrote:
I HAVE contacted Korg got 2 service center numbers to which no one is available to work on it thats why im here on these forums! Must be nice to be from Italy, customer service in the states seems to be of no help.
So these two service centres have so much business, they don't want yours? I'm curious what Korg customer service would say about that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: