Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA3X Vocal Harmonizer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuck

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:30 am    Post subject: PA3X Vocal Harmonizer Reply with quote

I took the PA3 to a recording studio to record a demo and while I was there myself and the engineer decided to see if we could get the on-board harmonizer to work. Reason? I've been using the Digitech Vocal Harmonizer Workstation for 12 years and I think it is about ready to die. We followed all the guidance in the manual plus other things but in the end we just could not get the on-board harmonizer to track. We tried various presets and other options and finally gave up and went back to the Digitech. I'll take any suggestions from anyone who is using the harmonizer in the PA3X. Thanks Chuck Confused
Old fingers
liongold

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say you couldn't get it to track, do you mean the harmonies weren't audible at all, but the lead voice was there? All my mp3 harmonies come through loud and clear. What you hear is what should be recorded, I would think.
Liongold Cool
Chuck

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were just using the mic straight through the keyboard, no MP3, or midi files. We simply were trying to get some harmony. We were able to hear what appeared to be harmonies, but the were gargled and not following the keyboard when I played the chords which is the function we set the keyboard to. For example if I played the key of C and sang I would get some kind of a harmony and when I changed keys it would not track to the next key. Very interesting and learning experience. Confused
Old fingers
liongold

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck, I hear what you're saying. I've had the same problem, harmonizer had a mind of its own. It must be a bug. After reboot, it tracked fine. The TC Helicon must be a complex and/or sensitive unit. Korg needs to stabilize the two functions together better. Maybe with the new OS. Are you there, Paolo?
Liongold Cool
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck wrote:
For example if I played the key of C and sang I would get some kind of a harmony and when I changed keys it would not track to the next key. Very interesting and learning experience.

Are you in STYLE PLAY mode?

I haven't had any issues with the harmoniser so far - it follows all my chord changes..... and works perfectly with harmony channel in MIDI files...

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Chuck

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pete. While in the studio I thought it would be better if we used the harmonizer from the PA3. I'm just saying that we could not make it work properly. It could be a bug on this particular PA3 as Liongold mentioned. I did a reboot and still could not get it to function properly. I'll probably end up buying Digitech's latest model. Thanks for the input. Smile
Old fingers
Dr. Who

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to give it one more try and verify that you are in "Style Mode" Seems to be working fine on this end however, like you mentioned perhaps you have a bad unit???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: