Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos AL-1 graphical editor
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrutil

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Kronos AL-1 graphical editor Reply with quote

Hi all,
I have been wanting to get deeper into the AL-1 synth since I got my Kronos, but I am not particularly fond of editing the tiny parameters on the many tabs in the Kronos Gui. I was holding out for the Editor, but unfortunately it used the same screen layout as the Kronos itself so it didn't help in that regard.

To learn more about it I decided to write a graphical editor for the AL-1 and it is tuning out pretty neat so I though I'd share it with others interested in AL-1 editing.
I tried to model the layout after a traditional analog synth, but it turns out there are a lot of parameters on this beast so it it still a little overwhelming.

The editor uses MIDI sysex to edit the parameters so you do need a live hookup.
Feedback/questions/comments are very welcome.
It's Windows only, but it's not using any fancy components so it might run on a Mac using Wine.

Feel free to take it for a spin - it is still early in development, but I find it useful, and perhaps so do you.

Download link at:
http://www.chrutil.com/kronos/

I hope you enjoy it - feedback welcome.
Korg Kronos 88 #444 /3GB, MU modular synth, PPG Wave 2.3, Modal Electronics 002, TTSH, Oberheim Two Voice Pro, Deckard's Dream, Kijimi, MatrixBrute, Access Virus KC, Ensoniq EPS, Korg Microsampler, Behringer Model D, Behringer Pro~1, Roland JP-08, Roland VP-03, Roland JD-08, Roland TR-8, Akai MPC-X, Roland TD-12 V-Drums, Fender Precision Bass, Martin Custom D Guitar, Sterling JP-60 Guitar, PRS Santana SE Guitar (signed), Logic Pro X, Pulsar P900 Series, Arturia V Collection 6 as well as various iPad & soft synths.
Download the Korg Kronos AL-1/Polysix Graphical Editor
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well to be honest...i love this thing...its look and the way it is, even though
i would probably never use it (i am more comfortable with the synth itself)
this is the best Editor for the AL-1...waayyyyyyyyy better then the Kronos's
Editor released by Korg...this is very cool.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks really impressive, I just checked the GUI but it looks beautiful.

I have a dual monitor setup and I can see all knobs (except the last two rows) all at once, it must be a breeze to be able to tweak values with it.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup.
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the sort of thing I was expecting from the Korg Kronos editor!

Nice GUI.

Looks like quite a lot of effort was made by you.

Thanks for sharing.
Hexfix93

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Smile
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping for something like this. From looking at the post, well done!

We're all capable of using parameters, but working with knobs is much more comfortable. I feel it allows you to think less and be more creative. There's a reason so few people tweaked the knobless button/parameter list synths of the late 80's early 90's. It's a PITA!
mgibian

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:28 am    Post subject: but where are the patch cords? Reply with quote

I cut my synthesizer teeth on a discrete component Moog, so sometimes feel lost with these wonderful beasts on the Kronos. But, then I start playing and I just can't wipe the smile off my face.
afr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos AL-1 graphical editor Reply with quote

Very well done!

this is the right direction in order to have a nice editor, you should complete the editor for all sound engine and then sell it to korg Wink

Chrutil wrote:
Hi all,
I have been wanting to get deeper into the AL-1 synth since I got my Kronos, but I am not particularly fond of editing the tiny parameters on the many tabs in the Kronos Gui. I was holding out for the Editor, but unfortunately it used the same screen layout as the Kronos itself so it didn't help in that regard.

To learn more about it I decided to write a graphical editor for the AL-1 and it is tuning out pretty neat so I though I'd share it with others interested in AL-1 editing.
I tried to model the layout after a traditional analog synth, but it turns out there are a lot of parameters on this beast so it it still a little overwhelming.

The editor uses MIDI sysex to edit the parameters so you do need a live hookup.
Feedback/questions/comments are very welcome.
It's Windows only, but it's not using any fancy components so it might run on a Mac using Wine.

Feel free to take it for a spin - it is still early in development, but I find it useful, and perhaps so do you.

Download link at:
http://www.chrutil.com/kronos/

I hope you enjoy it - feedback welcome.
zzz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrutil, I've just grabbed it. It looks great in the screen shot, and along with everyone else, see the sort of thing that we all expected to be released officially. Can't wait to have a play with this. It looks like you've thrown the gauntlets down for others, and set the bar high! Anyone for a MOD editor?
neomad

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, absolutely !

One of my suggestions into wishlist was to adapt AL1 to a KLC Monopoly GUI because as you do, I do not feel very pleasant editing tabs.

Thank you so much !
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great GUI!
Very much appreciated!
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks absolutely gorgeous, and like others said, is a much more sensible use of the exanded screen real estate of a PC than Korg's editor.

For me, I was hopeful that a PC editor would allow the relationship between parameters to be clearer, as well as not requiring changing between tabs - something which this does.

Am I right in assuming this was constructed in Visual C++?

I would pay be a decent editor that covered all the engines in such a clear fashion Wink
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
motic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
This looks really impressive, I just checked the GUI but it looks beautiful.

I have a dual monitor setup and I can see all knobs (except the last two rows) all at once, it must be a breeze to be able to tweak values with it.

FYI, Michel, clicking on the white tabs the screen will scroll to the attended function (mixer, filter etc.)Smile

Looks very good indeed!

Btw, when you finished, don't sell it to Korg , sell it to us Wink we can't miss the xtra money they will charge!Smile

Music @ www.Soundclick.com/motic
.Jens

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1, great work so far! I'm looking forward to the alternate editor shining up on the horizon, as well as the integration into Heider's custom OS Very Happy

What a dream Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: