Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos AL-1 graphical editor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
motic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NuSkoolTone wrote:
SanderXpander wrote:
Kudos for making this, and I'm somewhat shocked that you could do this "out of your attic" and Korg couldn't come up with anything better after so long.

I have to agree. It's really something when you see what forum "Amateurs" are coming out with doing only a couple of weeks/months worth of work INCLUDING reverse engineering.

As much as I want to be fair to Korg, this and the custom OS tweaks that are being played around with speak VOLUMES.

+10+++
C'mon people @ KORG.... WAKE UP Shocked
Stop that "wait and see what the user will make next!"
(which is all astonishing so far, to say at least!)
There are been enough wonderfull ideas fired @you (and daily increasing exponentially..)
Do something with and for our money!!!
(... no pun intended ...)

Music @ www.Soundclick.com/motic
.Jens

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BasariStudios wrote:
Having a MOD7 Editor would be tooooooooooo complex and complicated.
Imagine the AL-1 Editor that you have but x100 more pages of parameters.

Maybe I was a bit misleading on that point. Sure, MOD-7 is a beast. And I still find the built-in editor layout for the MOD-7 quite nice.

My idea was to have an editor just with the features of the original DX7 - leaving out all the parameters it didn't have, but the MOD7 has. It would be a real fun for people who are used to the DX7 layout and are at the same time scared by the complexity of the MOD7.

It's more or less the same with the idea of "skins" for Prophet or Moog - just leaving out everything there which isn't necessary in the first place to closely recreate sounds of these. You can always dive into everything else directly on the Kronos, or by loading the "complete" editor page.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't get that from your post either - that would be really exciting and relatively simple to set up (it seems to me). To put a "Moog" skin on and allowing only editing of parameters a Mini would have, leaving all other values blank.
.Jens

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
I didn't get that from your post either - that would be really exciting and relatively simple to set up (it seems to me). To put a "Moog" skin on and allowing only editing of parameters a Mini would have, leaving all other values blank.

You got it Very Happy But maybe instead of leaving everything "blank" (or AL-1 default) using carefully selected (but constant) values could be the "real deal":
e.g. using a multi-filter to recreate the typical moog filter sound once, and after that keeping the parameters fixed and hidden behind the GUI - except cutoff and resonance.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would definitely be cool, because most times you don't want to reinvent the wheel with AL-1, walking thorugh much too many parameters, but shape a known kind of sound for everyday use, with basic ingredients at your fingertips.

This way you would have kind of subgroup settings saved, like effects in the IFX settings.

I think this a great idea not only for the new GUI, but for the Kronos OS itself, to have a chance of really using AL-1, instead of walking through tedious parameter checking in many subpages, without ever getting a good overview on the sound shaping as a whole.
gridpower

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks great and I have been playing with it this morning.

One thing that I can't seem to figure out is that each time I try to modify a parameter on the screen it says " Ignoring command. Active EXi is not AL-1"
Even though I am on a AL-1 program and in the EXi page.

If I make a change on the keyboard the screen editor does see my changes.

My MIDI ports look to be set correctly, so I am not sure what newbie thing I am doing wrong...ahahah

THANKS!
Chrutil

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gridpower wrote:
each time I try to modify a parameter on the screen it says " Ignoring command. Active EXi is not AL-1"
Even though I am on a AL-1 program and in the EXi page.

I should probably differentiate the warning messages from the active EXi and the midi out not connected.
The two possibilities I see is that either your midi out port is not connected (input and outputs are separate) - or -
The editor doesn't actually know what EXi page you are on on the Kronos - You have to select the EXi you want to modify using the two EXi1 and EXi2 buttons on the top left in the editor. If you have an AL-1 program as EXi1 and the editor has EXi2 selected you will get this message. The EXi displayed on the Kronos screen doesn't matter.
Hope this helps -
C
Korg Kronos 88 #444 /3GB, MU modular synth, PPG Wave 2.3, Modal Electronics 002, TTSH, Oberheim Two Voice Pro, Deckard's Dream, Kijimi, MatrixBrute, Access Virus KC, Ensoniq EPS, Korg Microsampler, Behringer Model D, Behringer Pro~1, Roland JP-08, Roland VP-03, Roland JD-08, Roland TR-8, Akai MPC-X, Roland TD-12 V-Drums, Fender Precision Bass, Martin Custom D Guitar, Sterling JP-60 Guitar, PRS Santana SE Guitar (signed), Logic Pro X, Pulsar P900 Series, Arturia V Collection 6 as well as various iPad & soft synths.
Download the Korg Kronos AL-1/Polysix Graphical Editor
Chrutil

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Jens wrote:
e.g. using a multi-filter to recreate the typical moog filter sound once, and after that keeping the parameters fixed and hidden behind the GUI - except cutoff and resonance.

These are great ideas! We could create brand new, very powerful, but still easy to use synth layouts this way.
Korg Kronos 88 #444 /3GB, MU modular synth, PPG Wave 2.3, Modal Electronics 002, TTSH, Oberheim Two Voice Pro, Deckard's Dream, Kijimi, MatrixBrute, Access Virus KC, Ensoniq EPS, Korg Microsampler, Behringer Model D, Behringer Pro~1, Roland JP-08, Roland VP-03, Roland JD-08, Roland TR-8, Akai MPC-X, Roland TD-12 V-Drums, Fender Precision Bass, Martin Custom D Guitar, Sterling JP-60 Guitar, PRS Santana SE Guitar (signed), Logic Pro X, Pulsar P900 Series, Arturia V Collection 6 as well as various iPad & soft synths.
Download the Korg Kronos AL-1/Polysix Graphical Editor
gridpower

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My MIDI ports are connected and I also tried using the KRONOS midi In and OUT via USB.

I can make changes on the keyboard and they reflect in the AL-1 editor in realtime, but if I make changes on the screen I get that same error as before.

Maybe there is a necessary setting in the GLOBAL Midi page that may be set incorrectly on my Kronos...
.Jens

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrutil wrote:
.Jens wrote:

These are great ideas! We could create brand new, very powerful, but still easy to use synth layouts this way.

Thanks - but I didn't even warm up yet Very Happy
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tried it last night, great work chrutil!

I really like the fact that i can run it next to my DAW.

it works flawlessly!
(it's much better then the original korg editor that doesn't work on my system)
qayqaywsx

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THAT'S AN EDITOR !!!

Man many thanks !
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qayqaywsx wrote:
THAT'S AN EDITOR !!!

Man many thanks !

I know right? And they took HOW long to get that sound quest (?) piece of garbage out?
Purusha

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant! Well done!

As everyone's saying, this is the kind of thing we should have gotten.

A proper "native" editor.

Very Happy
manu riga

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BRILLIANT... just brilliant brother.

i bow for you.

if you ever can make this become a VSTI... i would want to donate money for this kind of editors
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: