Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos AL-1 graphical editor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisP

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fabulous! Many thanks for sharing!
.Jens

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up to now, I've only seen the pictures.

But tonight, I tried it out - WOW! Bulls Eye!
That's an editor MidiQuest can learn from - works flawlessly, easy to use, a seamless experience.

But there's also a drawback: Now I feel the need for a hardware controller with roundabout 100 knobs, because a mouse doesn't fit into the retro-experience Shocked

*additemtowishlist*
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Jens wrote:
But there's also a drawback: Now I feel the need for a hardware controller with roundabout 100 knobs, because a mouse doesn't fit into the retro-experience Shocked
*additemtowishlist*

100 knobs are too less for all engines ... probably you can better start with 10,000 ... expect a price tag of $ 100,000 ... to start with Smile

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
.Jens

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:

100 knobs are too less for all engines ... probably you can better start with 10,000 ... expect a price tag of $ 100,000 ... to start with Smile

I'm not dreaming of controlling all engines simultaneously - although it would be nice to have a hardware controller in the matching look and feel for each engine...

But when I see this marvelous editor, I could think of having at least a few more knobs to tweak than the 8 or 16 provided by the kronos. I'm just hallucinating here, but Doepfer sells very feasible DIY kits for that purpose.

But I have to scrape off other things from my to do list first. One of the next projects will be refurbishing my italian leslie clone to make it sound more 147-like (new speakers, crossover and electronically controlled DC motors), and building a custom keytar controller with a strat-like wooden frame and sunburst coating.

And if I'm very ambitious after all, a rotating stand is also on my list... Just for fun on stage.
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done on the AL-1 editor - it looks fabulous. Will it work with OASYS?

Kevin.
Davidb
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

qayqaywsx wrote:
THAT'S AN EDITOR !!!

!

Can´t express it better myself.

Indeed, that is the complete, handy and extensive editor we were waiting for (at least one engine) the Kronos, and once more (as happened with PCG Tools before), its an user the one who provides it, an not Korg.

Just one more word, mate.

BRAVO! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Chrutil

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, thanks for all the kind words!
It's nice to be able to give something back to the awesome community here. Sorry I'm been absent from comments - been at the Google conference this week, and I'm just off to see Marillion light up San Fransisco this evening, then Dream Theater on Sunday - what a week!

I will read through the thread and respond to any outstanding questions this weekend -

Thanks,
C
Korg Kronos 88 #444 /3GB, MU modular synth, PPG Wave 2.3, Modal Electronics 002, TTSH, Oberheim Two Voice Pro, Deckard's Dream, Kijimi, MatrixBrute, Access Virus KC, Ensoniq EPS, Korg Microsampler, Behringer Model D, Behringer Pro~1, Roland JP-08, Roland VP-03, Roland JD-08, Roland TR-8, Akai MPC-X, Roland TD-12 V-Drums, Fender Precision Bass, Martin Custom D Guitar, Sterling JP-60 Guitar, PRS Santana SE Guitar (signed), Logic Pro X, Pulsar P900 Series, Arturia V Collection 6 as well as various iPad & soft synths.
Download the Korg Kronos AL-1/Polysix Graphical Editor
Chrutil

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:

Anyway, congratulations again with your app.
Would you mind if I put a link in PCG Tools to your application?

Thanks Michel,
Absolutely - if you could put a link on PCG Tools that's be great!

Thanks,
C
Korg Kronos 88 #444 /3GB, MU modular synth, PPG Wave 2.3, Modal Electronics 002, TTSH, Oberheim Two Voice Pro, Deckard's Dream, Kijimi, MatrixBrute, Access Virus KC, Ensoniq EPS, Korg Microsampler, Behringer Model D, Behringer Pro~1, Roland JP-08, Roland VP-03, Roland JD-08, Roland TR-8, Akai MPC-X, Roland TD-12 V-Drums, Fender Precision Bass, Martin Custom D Guitar, Sterling JP-60 Guitar, PRS Santana SE Guitar (signed), Logic Pro X, Pulsar P900 Series, Arturia V Collection 6 as well as various iPad & soft synths.
Chrutil

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gridpower wrote:
My MIDI ports are connected and I also tried using the KRONOS midi In and OUT via USB.

I can make changes on the keyboard and they reflect in the AL-1 editor in realtime, but if I make changes on the screen I get that same error as before.

Maybe there is a necessary setting in the GLOBAL Midi page that may be set incorrectly on my Kronos...

Hey Gridpower - were you ever able to get this to work?
I have not been able to repro your problems as long as my MIDI out port is set correctly. If not, let me know and I'll send you a debug version with some extra status output so that I can track it down.

Thanks,
C
Chrutil

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Nolan wrote:
Well done on the AL-1 editor - it looks fabulous. Will it work with OASYS?
Kevin.

Hi Kevin,
I'm not sure - I'll have to take a look. I see no reason why we shouldn't be able to get it to work with a few tweaks. I wish I had an Oasys so I could try it Smile
Does anybody know the MIDI Device ID for the Oasys?

Thanks,
C
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as a suggestion, I wonder if you could add little graphs to the EG sections. Right now those are the only things that are easier to edit on the Kronos (for me) because you have some visual aid to how you're manipulating the curve.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An EG curve, with curve points to drag values, would be incredibly helpful, yes.

I hardly dare to ask, because I already find so great what you offered to us, Chrutil.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrutil wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:

Anyway, congratulations again with your app.
Would you mind if I put a link in PCG Tools to your application?

Thanks Michel,
Absolutely - if you could put a link on PCG Tools that's be great!

Thanks,
C

Ok I will add one in the next version (I'll also check for a logo, can't do that here at work right now).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
robbie50

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: GREAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTt Reply with quote

Wundefull Editor!

THANKS Very Happy Smile Very Happy Cool
Idea

rob
robbie50

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Active EXI is not AL-1? Reply with quote

Sad
Active EXI is not AL-1?

I use it on 095 super saw bass
My (usb) midi is:
out: kronos sound
in: kronos keyboard

What did I wrong?

greetings,

rob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: