Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos AL-1 graphical editor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scatter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried closing/reopening the editor? The first time I used it I had that error message too.
Chrutil

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Active EXI is not AL-1? Reply with quote

robbie50 wrote:
Sad
Active EXI is not AL-1?

I use it on 095 super saw bass
My (usb) midi is:
out: kronos sound
in: kronos keyboard

What did I wrong?

Hi Rob,
That 'should' work, but I just realized that you'll get this problem if you start the AL-1 Editor before the Kronos is started and fully initialized.
Try restarting the editor after the Kronos is up and running and fully booted.
I'll put some more effort into the startup sequence and error messaging for the next drop.
Let me know how it goes -
Thanks,
C
Korg Kronos 88 #444 /3GB, MU modular synth, PPG Wave 2.3, Modal Electronics 002, TTSH, Oberheim Two Voice Pro, Deckard's Dream, Kijimi, MatrixBrute, Access Virus KC, Ensoniq EPS, Korg Microsampler, Behringer Model D, Behringer Pro~1, Roland JP-08, Roland VP-03, Roland JD-08, Roland TR-8, Akai MPC-X, Roland TD-12 V-Drums, Fender Precision Bass, Martin Custom D Guitar, Sterling JP-60 Guitar, PRS Santana SE Guitar (signed), Logic Pro X, Pulsar P900 Series, Arturia V Collection 6 as well as various iPad & soft synths.
Download the Korg Kronos AL-1/Polysix Graphical Editor
jaggeddoctrine

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the same error. After setting the Kronos as In & Out, I restarted and it does some recognition.

Opening output.
MIDI Output device opened.
Opening input.
MIDI Input device opened.
SND: f0 42 30 68 12 f7 0 [Done]
Setting EXi 1
SND: f0 42 30 68 74 0 f7 [Done]
(11 bytes)
Mode Change: Program
RCV: (11 bytes) f0 42 30 68 42 2 0 0 0 0 f7 [Done]

When I hit a key on the keyboard, it shows received:
(3 bytes)
RCV: (3 bytes) 90 32 31 [Done]

(3 bytes)
RCV: (3 bytes) 80 32 2f [Done]

Same if I make changes on the Kronos. (Changing Waveform and such)
But if I try to make the change on the software, I get the error:

Ignoring command. Active EXi is not AL-1

Any help/ideas appreciated.
Gary
Chrutil

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaggeddoctrine wrote:
[b]I get the same error. After setting the Kronos as In & Out, I restarted and it does some recognition.

Hi Gary,
odd.. that sounds like everything is setup correctly.
I will try to chase this down tonight. My only suggestion could be to reinitialize the EXi setting by switching from EXi1 to EXi2 and back again in the editor - but that really shouldn't be needed if things work the way I intended.
Thanks,
C
Korg Kronos 88 #444 /3GB, MU modular synth, PPG Wave 2.3, Modal Electronics 002, TTSH, Oberheim Two Voice Pro, Deckard's Dream, Kijimi, MatrixBrute, Access Virus KC, Ensoniq EPS, Korg Microsampler, Behringer Model D, Behringer Pro~1, Roland JP-08, Roland VP-03, Roland JD-08, Roland TR-8, Akai MPC-X, Roland TD-12 V-Drums, Fender Precision Bass, Martin Custom D Guitar, Sterling JP-60 Guitar, PRS Santana SE Guitar (signed), Logic Pro X, Pulsar P900 Series, Arturia V Collection 6 as well as various iPad & soft synths.
robbie50

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Yezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Reply with quote

Chrutil

Yezzz, your right! Very Happy
Now it's working perfect!

THANKS!!!!! Exclamation
Chrutil

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great glad to hear it works!
Scatter - good call! You figured it out before me Smile
jaggeddoctrine

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrutil wrote:

My only suggestion could be to reinitialize the EXi setting by switching from EXi1 to EXi2 and back again in the editor - but that really shouldn't be needed if things work the way I intended.
Thanks,
C

This one worked for me.

Thanks
Gary
SoundQuest

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ID for the OASYS is 70H
qayqaywsx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chrutil,

Do you think it is possible to use your sourcecode to implement some other engines?

then we can do step by step a complete Program editor.
Mod7 an Ms20 will be hard because of their patchbays.
as i've seen from AL-1 editor it has some detection alogrythm of Al-1 engine for both Exi1 and Exi2.
Maybe we can use this later on to decide which engine is loaded into the EXis and switch to coresponding form on user interface.

If wanted i will give you a hand in sysex error finding. should be done easily with midi-ox, or even programming.

Lets see maybe we're able to recreate a combi and seq mode editor on top of this work.

One feature request for me is midi learn for the UI. Think of using the organs (i know ths is future ) drawbars with midi controller which does not support sysex. would be perfect.

at least : Does anybode know how to build vsts ?

best rgards Max
Chrutil

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoundQuest wrote:
The ID for the OASYS is 70H

Thanks Michael!!
Much appreciated.
C
Chrutil

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qayqaywsx wrote:
Hi Chrutil,

Do you think it is possible to use your sourcecode to implement some other engines?

as i've seen from AL-1 editor it has some detection alogrythm of Al-1 engine for both Exi1 and Exi2.
Maybe we can use this later on to decide which engine is loaded into the EXis and switch to coresponding form on user interface.

Hi Max,
I actually do know what engine is being used for each EXi, and there not not a whole lot of AL-1 specific code in the editor.
I'm toying around with externalizing the layout so that you can move controls around and save to xml which could then support multiple engines. I stayed up last night writing a curve editor for the envelopes - works pretty well and got me to understand the AL-1 envelopes much better. I'm struggling with layouts though. The curve editor takes up precious space that I don't see where I can squeeze it in...
That's the main idea for the layout editor - perhaps by making an editable control panel, the community could help creating cool layouts and we'd all gain from it.

Before supporting multiple engines I need to beef up parts of the program that I just hacked in to get something working. I'll keep you updated!

qayqaywsx wrote:

One feature request for me is midi learn for the UI. Think of using the organs (i know ths is future ) drawbars with midi controller which does not support sysex. would be perfect.

I'm not sure what that means actually. I'm just an at-home-hobby-wannabe-musician so I'm not very well versed in studio or live workflows, can you elaborate?

Thanks,
C
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrutil wrote:
qayqaywsx wrote:
Hi Chrutil,

Hi Max,
I actually do know what engine is being used for each EXi, and there not not a whole lot of AL-1 specific code in the editor.
I'm toying around with externalizing the layout so that you can move controls around and save to xml which could then support multiple engines. I stayed up last night writing a curve editor for the envelopes - works pretty well and got me to understand the AL-1 envelopes much better. I'm struggling with layouts though. The curve editor takes up precious space that I don't see where I can squeeze it in...
That's the main idea for the layout editor - perhaps by making an editable control panel, the community could help creating cool layouts and we'd all gain from it.

Before supporting multiple engines I need to beef up parts of the program that I just hacked in to get something working. I'll keep you updated!

qayqaywsx wrote:

I'm not sure what that means actually. I'm just an at-home-hobby-wannabe-musician so I'm not very well versed in studio or live workflows, can you elaborate?

Thanks,
C

Dude, you and Michel need to sit down together and KILL the soundquest/Korg editor. I would pay for something good. If you and/or him make it easy to donate I'd do that right now. Well not right now but when I'm at the computer, not my phone.
RKfan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing everything on one screen like this suddenly and the AL-1 synth makes sense. I have only been playing with it for a short while but I can see how things fit together much more easily.

For example using with the Patch VH1984 (EXi 1) I can see easily how the filter EG intensity and AMS (ribbon) are working together - with the Filter EG parameters on the Kronos its just a list of parameters (which I can kind of guess what it all means) - I am still a bit confused with how Filter EG parameters (such as intensity) are on a different page from the filter envelope page on the K.

I really like the graphical editor and this might be how I explore AL-1 from now on.

Really nice piece of work.

Thank-you
qayqaywsx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Midii Learn Reply with quote

Hi Chrutil,

Midi Learn means following:

Your app is able do route incoming midi events to the ui controls.
AL-1 editor is able to do so . If you tweak a parameter on the kronos, your ui updates the knob position. this works for one specific (sysex) command which is hard coded into your code.
With "MIDI LEARN" funktion it is possible that ANY command can be assigned to this knob - usually restricted to midi cc.

Example :
i rigthclick on filter-cutoff-knob and a context menu opens.
I select MIDILEARN
then i move a real hardware knob on a third party midi controller(which generates midi cc xy.) from now on the filter cut off 'listens' not only to the original kronos command but additionally to midi cc 17 -> my third party midi controllers knob.

Lots of VSTs use this function.

those setups should be savable e.g as XML or whatever and autoatcally loaded on startup.

thanks for reading
Max
Chrutil

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh I see so that's just an arbitrary MIDI cc to sysex converter... yeah I guess that should be possible... Have to manage scaling of values within min/max range, etc, but that should be fine. Will look into it.

Thanks,
C
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: