Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos AL-1 graphical editor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kingtj

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: re: room on display for curve editor Reply with quote

Just a random thought here, but how about an envelope curve editor being a virtual "drawer" that you slide/pull up from the bottom of the screen when you want to see and work with it? That way, it could draw on top of the other stuff on the screen - vs. trying to figure out where to fit it?

Chrutil wrote:

I stayed up last night writing a curve editor for the envelopes - works pretty well and got me to understand the AL-1 envelopes much better. I'm struggling with layouts though. The curve editor takes up precious space that I don't see where I can squeeze it in...

C
qayqaywsx

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: vst support / c++ references Reply with quote

Hi Chrutil,

i don't want to hijack your thread.
I found some nice references for VST c libraries.
http://ernsthot.blogspot.de/2009/03/c-vst-plugin-development-links.html
If you like i'm willing to have a look if it is possible to implement this into your code.
Maybe you can give me a in between version of your source code ?
just for experimenting.
btw which dev environment are you using ?
visual studio or code::blocks ?

bets regards

Max
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: re: room on display for curve editor Reply with quote

kingtj wrote:
Just a random thought here, but how about an envelope curve editor being a virtual "drawer" that you slide/pull up from the bottom of the screen when you want to see and work with it? That way, it could draw on top of the other stuff on the screen - vs. trying to figure out where to fit it?

Chrutil wrote:

I stayed up last night writing a curve editor for the envelopes - works pretty well and got me to understand the AL-1 envelopes much better. I'm struggling with layouts though. The curve editor takes up precious space that I don't see where I can squeeze it in...

C

That looks like a useful idea to me.
Chrutil, it is so great that you worked on that! A graphical editor will be a really big usability imporvement for programming AL-1 patches. Thanks for all the effort!

If you put up a Paypal reference for donations (or PM one to me), I will be happy to contribute. Programmers like Michel and you, and great tutorial developers like Qui really deserve some feedback beyond just a "thanks" in the forum, for all the great Kronos user support you all provide.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As promised, I will add a link in PCG Tools to your great editor. For that, a logo would be nice but I don't see one.

Do you have some logo or shall I use one of the knobs for it?

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Chrutil

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,
I put up a new version of the AL1Editor on www.chrutil.com/kronos.

This new version has some bug fixes, plus the graphical EG curve editor that you can turn on/off with a little button in each EG section.
Good idea to have it 'slide out', but now that I see it in action I think perhaps I want to rearrange the layout around it so the curve editor is visible all the time. It does give a much nicer overview of the envelopes than the knobs so perhaps it should be more prominent.

Once I get the editor more solid and can perhaps start think about adding some more engines if there is interest I might add a link for a donation - it's really nice of you guys to be willing to donate!

Michel, you can use a knob icon for now - I'll make a logo one day but not today. Have to wake up and go to work in just over three hours (having way too much fun coding)
Korg Kronos 88 #444 /3GB, MU modular synth, PPG Wave 2.3, Modal Electronics 002, TTSH, Oberheim Two Voice Pro, Deckard's Dream, Kijimi, MatrixBrute, Access Virus KC, Ensoniq EPS, Korg Microsampler, Behringer Model D, Behringer Pro~1, Roland JP-08, Roland VP-03, Roland JD-08, Roland TR-8, Akai MPC-X, Roland TD-12 V-Drums, Fender Precision Bass, Martin Custom D Guitar, Sterling JP-60 Guitar, PRS Santana SE Guitar (signed), Logic Pro X, Pulsar P900 Series, Arturia V Collection 6 as well as various iPad & soft synths.
Download the Korg Kronos AL-1/Polysix Graphical Editor
qayqaywsx

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: envelopes Reply with quote

Hi Chrutil,
did you use a library for the envelopes, or did you write an control by yourself ?
I'm intereseted in those envelopes for a project (but this is .net)
thx in advance
Max
Chrutil

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: envelopes Reply with quote

qayqaywsx wrote:
Hi Chrutil,
did you use a library for the envelopes, or did you write an control by yourself ?
I'm intereseted in those envelopes for a project (but this is .net)
thx in advance
Max

Hi Max, no I wrote it from scratch in Win32/C++. Not sure it would be much help since you're in managed code, but if you are interested I can probably extract the source. Don't think you can port it over since it's pretty much an objectified winproc, but you could certainly take a look to reimplement it. I didn't try to make it a general control in any way, so the limits for the various envelope parameters are encoded straight into the control...

The curves aren't exactly spot on the Kronos envelopes - I exaggerated the exponential curve property a little bit compared to on the actual synth gui, and used something like an inverse cubic function, which is probably not quire correct, but it looked pretty good so I figured it'll do.

Thanks for the vst link by the way - I haven't had time to look at it yet, but that could be an interesting route to go.

Fwiw, I'm using Visual Studio 10 and straight up c++/Win32 for the editor. I might share the source at some point, but since I'm not sure where to take it I'll hold on to it a little bit.
Thanks,
C
Korg Kronos 88 #444 /3GB, MU modular synth, PPG Wave 2.3, Modal Electronics 002, TTSH, Oberheim Two Voice Pro, Deckard's Dream, Kijimi, MatrixBrute, Access Virus KC, Ensoniq EPS, Korg Microsampler, Behringer Model D, Behringer Pro~1, Roland JP-08, Roland VP-03, Roland JD-08, Roland TR-8, Akai MPC-X, Roland TD-12 V-Drums, Fender Precision Bass, Martin Custom D Guitar, Sterling JP-60 Guitar, PRS Santana SE Guitar (signed), Logic Pro X, Pulsar P900 Series, Arturia V Collection 6 as well as various iPad & soft synths.
qayqaywsx

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chrutil,
thanks for the nice annotations.
In this case i would only be interested for learning reasons. A ilready made a derived class of zedgraph which works like a charm, but is a bit overdressed, so i can stay with this Wink

To the vst links : in my opinion is 'JUCE' the most promising project. It has wizard for setting up IDE environments like Xcode for Mac and vs2010 solutions where one could start of and reimplement your nice editor as VST.

Looking forward what's happening to your editor

greetings and thanks again for your time
Max
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrutil wrote:

Michel, you can use a knob icon for now - I'll make a logo one day but not today. Have to wake up and go to work in just over three hours (having way too much fun coding)

Thanks I will do that (I let you show the result before I make a new update, can take a while though).

In the mean time: happy coding, and you also make lots of others happy with your great app.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, just downloaded the new version and had a first look at it:
Looking at the envelopes alone just raises a big smile.

No more constant rethinking about how the envelope values worked last time we tried to dial in proper values. Thank you very much, Chrutil!
levioter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrutil,
very nice add-on and working perfectly ! Very Happy

Great thanks to you !

Cheers.
Darmin De'flern

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As this is so important along with others work tutorials, free combis and sounds etc. Shouldn't we put this in a stickied link for people who want access to Kronos resources out there!

Very nice job keep up the work haven't had a chance to use it yet but very interested (still learning basics of the keyboard atm.)
Rolang VA7, Roland G-70 Ver3, quad core dell lappi with 6gb mem, DAW = Reaper, Amplitube 2,3. Scarlett Fockesrite 18-6, Mackie 1604 mixer, Washburn status 1000 headless bass, Roland 2.1 Monitors, Sunheizer Mic & Monitor headphones, Korg Kronos 88.
qayqaywsx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted this thread to go a bit more up in the forums view Wink

I hope i don't annoy you with following question: Any news about the development status?

best regards

Max
Chrutil

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Max,
I've done some architectural changes, some cosmetic updates and fixing a few parameters that had invalid range, but writing the initial version took me the better part of my spare time in May/June so I have actually been playing more and coding less the last couple of weeks. Smile
I will post a new build tonight or in the next few days.

Thanks,
C
Chrutil

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,
I just posted a new version 0.3 of the AL-1 Editor on www.chrutil.com/kronos.

Nothing major, although I did add a graphical EG curve editor for the main amp EG section. I can't believe forgot about that one in the last update. Embarassed

New features:
* Amp EG curve editor
* Tooltips for parameter name/value when editing
* Check for updates is now implemented so it will let you know when I post a new build.
* Beefed up the initialization sequence a little bit
* Oasys support (?) can't test it, but it'd be great if someone did.
* Minor bugfixes (I found a few parameters that had bad ranges)
* New knob graphics. I felt bad for just stealing Korg's knobs from the editor before, so I rendered some buttons myself. They are perhaps a little too shiny for my taste. It's harder than it seems to make nice knobs.

This might be the last update for a while - I just discovered that a key on my K88 is only working intermittently (c# above the middle c). I have an early 88 (#444) and I have had a mild case of RH3-itis (cutout happens more often when my daughter plays than for me) so I have been holding out for the RH3 update process to be streamlined - but now a silent key is forcing the issue so I guess mine is going in for repair for a while Sad

Enjoy!
Please report any problems (and of course I'm happy to hear if it works too!)
C
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: