Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos AL-1 graphical editor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Francois
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

Kronoscopie, tout sur le Kronos en français

http://www.kronoscopie.fr
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much for your efforts, Chrutil!
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like you are developing very fast. Good to hear that.

Sorry to hear about your key problem. On the other hand; maybe this is the time to continue developing. I remember PCG Tools development was really fast BEFORE I had my Kronos ... which is logical because when you have a Kronos it just sucks up all free time without knowing.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
qayqaywsx

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Chrutil for all your work.

I'm really sorry to hear about your Keybed problem.

And Michel, i totally agree : Kronos is like a black whole for spare time Wink
Waveform

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AL-1 editor mentioned on Matrixsynth...

http://m.matrixsynth.com/2012/09/korg-kronos-al-1-editor.html

Very Happy
Chrutil

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! Sweet! Thanks for showing that Smile
Makes me eager to make some updates to it!

I just got my Kronos back from the keybed repair. It took almost 6 weeks, and when I got it back they had fixed my dead key, but put the keybed back in a way that now it presses on the front panel so several keys are scrubbing against the front panel, being very hard to press, making scratching sounds and sometimes getting stuck down. Sad
I packed it up with the spacers, just for this specific reason, but they obviously didn't use them when putting the board back together again - they just shoved them back in before packing it up, making the front bar buckle a little bit.

I'm also pretty sure they didn't fix the bouncing keys, but just the one silent key I had.
Taking it back is not easy either - "Unfortunately" I drive a convertible with no way to put a K88 in it, so I have to either borrow a bigger car from someone (or rent one) and then take some hours off work to get it to the repair shop, which is an hour each way and only open Tuesday-Friday office hours.
Not sure what to do next, but I'm probably just going to leave it at the dealer, just down the street - I drive it down to the repair shop myself hoping to save some time, but it obviously didn't work out very well.
Enough complaining, time to go home and install 2.0 and check out that Jarre pack that Dan Stesco so graciously shared while my K was away.

Cheers,
C
Korg Kronos 88 #444 /3GB, MU modular synth, PPG Wave 2.3, Modal Electronics 002, TTSH, Oberheim Two Voice Pro, Deckard's Dream, Kijimi, MatrixBrute, Access Virus KC, Ensoniq EPS, Korg Microsampler, Behringer Model D, Behringer Pro~1, Roland JP-08, Roland VP-03, Roland JD-08, Roland TR-8, Akai MPC-X, Roland TD-12 V-Drums, Fender Precision Bass, Martin Custom D Guitar, Sterling JP-60 Guitar, PRS Santana SE Guitar (signed), Logic Pro X, Pulsar P900 Series, Arturia V Collection 6 as well as various iPad & soft synths.
Download the Korg Kronos AL-1/Polysix Graphical Editor
qayqaywsx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Chrutil,

sorry to hear about this fluffy repair. Maybe you just loose the bottom screws a bit and put the spacers in aftwards.
After tightening the screws again that should cure the scrubbing problem at least.

Best wishes and lots of fun with 2.0 and the Jarre pack
EnjoyRC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure it's intentional.. but it does look like the MS-20!!! Nice.

Korg (Kronos 88, RK-100S 2), Behringer DeepMind 12, Roland (GAIA, A-800-Pro)
Saxifraga

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnjoyRC wrote:
I'm sure it's intentional.. but it does look like the MS-20!!! Nice.

It looks very retro. How do you see anything on stage or in the studio on your computer screen? I very much like to have a button for everything. A real button. But on my computer I like to have sliders and bright fat colors and animations that show what´s going on. Not a static Interface that resembles hardware from the 60ties and 70ties.
I begin to think electronic musicians are not progressives anymore but conservatives.

We should embrace the future, which means multitouch screens and simplicity that makes complex engines more accessible. Like a Kronos set list makes a huge library of sounds accessible depending on context. And more use of colors, symbols and animation. Like the iKaossilator app does. Or think teenage engineering OP-1. Their interface is very well thought out. (Sadly the price is over the top.)
Chrutil

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,
The last few days I have been updating the AL-1 Editor and it's been some late nights so I think I'm done for the time being.
I refactored large parts of the code to extract the engine from the app and that allowed me to support multiple engines.
I started nice and slow by adding the Polysix Ex engine. The Polysix Ex was one of the big surprises in the Kronos for me - It sounds so much better than what I remembered the original did so I have been using it a lot.

Here are the two engines side by side for illustration:

You'll have to switch between EXi1 and EXi2 to switch engines in the actual editor though.
The default engine is still AL-1, so you will have to run your Kronos and connect with the editor and switch to a Polysix Ex program in order to get to the Polysix Ex editor.

Feel free to try it out! http://www.chrutil.com/kronos/
Comments, complaints, bugs and requests are always welcome.

Windows only. You might be able to get it to run on a Mac through Wine though.

Thanks
C
Korg Kronos 88 #444 /3GB, MU modular synth, PPG Wave 2.3, Modal Electronics 002, TTSH, Oberheim Two Voice Pro, Deckard's Dream, Kijimi, MatrixBrute, Access Virus KC, Ensoniq EPS, Korg Microsampler, Behringer Model D, Behringer Pro~1, Roland JP-08, Roland VP-03, Roland JD-08, Roland TR-8, Akai MPC-X, Roland TD-12 V-Drums, Fender Precision Bass, Martin Custom D Guitar, Sterling JP-60 Guitar, PRS Santana SE Guitar (signed), Logic Pro X, Pulsar P900 Series, Arturia V Collection 6 as well as various iPad & soft synths.
LZ
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I donwnloaded and when I try to run it I get a system error:

"The program can't start because MSVCP100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I downloaded and installed the C++ redistributable package from Microsoft thinking that might be the problem, but get the same error.

I have Windows 7 Enterprise, Service Pack 1. It IS running 64-bit, could that be the problem?

UPDATE: I decided to try on my Desktop computer which is much older and running win XP pro. I initially got the same message, and then downloaded and installed the C++ redistributable package after which time it ran on my desktop. Not sure why it didn't work on my laptop.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LZ wrote:
I donwnloaded and when I try to run it I get a system error:

"The program can't start because MSVCP100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I downloaded and installed the C++ redistributable package from Microsoft thinking that might be the problem, but get the same error.

I have Windows 7 Enterprise, Service Pack 1. It IS running 64-bit, could that be the problem?

Hi LZ,
I'm running Windows 7 x64 both Ultimate and Enterprise myself so that shouldn't pose any problems.
It's definitely related to the C++ redist install. Since this is a 32 bit program you need to install the x86 version of the redist (this is true even if you are running it on an x64 system). Perhaps you installed the x64 version only?
I do use Visual Studio 2010 SP1, perhaps it requires the SP1 redist.
Could you try: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8328?
I'm downloading a clean Win7 to install in a VM (been meaning to do that anyway) so I can try to run it on a machine without Visual Studio on and see what works.
It's a beefy 3GB download so it'll take me a little bit to get it up and running.

Thanks for your patience.
C
LZ
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That did the trick, THANKS!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LZ wrote:
That did the trick, THANKS!

Glad to hear! Hope you enjoy it.
C
qayqaywsx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrutil,
many thanks !
Very nice to see such a great update, again.

Will you ad the AMS section to the knobs for Polisix later on ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: