Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos AL-1 graphical editor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheWolf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you release the source code, I would definitively try to use it as guideline to re-implement your editor for Linux using GTK. No promise, though, as I am short on free time, have a new Kronos sitting around that wants to be explored and have never written an application with a graphical user interface. But having an open/free-source editor for the Kronos would be a nice thing.

So, before you make your source code available, please spend some time thinking about the license. GPL v2 would be nice, BSD would have the advantage that Korg may more easily pick it up and run with it.
djnoah

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can this editor convert my N364 presets to kronos? its AL2 engine
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djnoah wrote:
Can this editor convert my N364 presets to kronos? its AL2 engine

N364 is AI2 and is completely unrelated to the Kronos AL1 engine. So it is not possible to convert.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Scatter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take a crack at a Mod-7 editor.
shaneblyth

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

has anyone got it to work in a VM on a Mac?
Macbook Air 13"
Mainstage 3
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaneblyth wrote:

Works well in VMWare Fusion - I'm still running V5.0.2 on OSX 10.8.5
shaneblyth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronik wrote:
shaneblyth wrote:

Works well in VMWare Fusion - I'm still running V5.0.2 on OSX 10.8.5

Sweet I have Fusion too and Mavericks so it should work fine MY VM is windows 8.1
Macbook Air 13"
Mainstage 3
Chrutil

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,
It seems I just cannot get the time or motivation to clean the editor up for official source code release, or setup an open source project.
So here is the unofficial source code release. A zip file with no instructions.
If you are interested in the AL1Editor/PolySixExEditor, Windows programming (Win32/C++) , Korg Kronos and MIDI, and you have Visual Studio 2010 and you have nothing better to do during the holidays -
grab the source from here:
http://www.chrutil.com/kronos/AL1EditorSource.zip

I apologize for not having cleaned it up or commented it, but since I fear it might never happen, I might as well open it for the people who don't mind looking through such projects.
Have fun!
I'll be around to answer questions, even though I don't hang out daily here so it might take a few days.

The only thing I ask is that you don't post the zip file anywhere else for now. If people start modifying the source and post new versions we'll end up with a forked mess.
If there is interest in continuing development, then perhaps we can make a github or bitbucket project out of it instead. I just don't have the cycles to do that myself.

Happy holidays!
C
Korg Kronos 88 #444 /3GB, MU modular synth, PPG Wave 2.3, Modal Electronics 002, TTSH, Oberheim Two Voice Pro, Deckard's Dream, Kijimi, MatrixBrute, Access Virus KC, Ensoniq EPS, Korg Microsampler, Behringer Model D, Behringer Pro~1, Roland JP-08, Roland VP-03, Roland JD-08, Roland TR-8, Akai MPC-X, Roland TD-12 V-Drums, Fender Precision Bass, Martin Custom D Guitar, Sterling JP-60 Guitar, PRS Santana SE Guitar (signed), Logic Pro X, Pulsar P900 Series, Arturia V Collection 6 as well as various iPad & soft synths.
Download the Korg Kronos AL-1/Polysix Graphical Editor
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks just freaking amazing! I am truly humbled by the expertise shown here. I couldn't even dream of trying to do what you have done, but ya done it! Awesome, Chrutil!

Now the big question. Does anybody have the time or know how to get these editors to work on an iPad? My end goal is to be able to use a Lenova touch screen or anything bigger than my iPad.

My eyes aren't all that great and it would be wonderful to be able to just tweak knobs almost like in the olden days! Wink

On another note, exactly what do I need to be able to use the editor with my Kronos? I'm talking hardware here. I don't have a computer on my studio, so, if I were to get one, what would be the basic requirements? I'm also not really wanting one in my studio. I already have enough distractions from making music; and yes I do know that most people here use a computer in conjunction with their Kronos. I just use a different method.

I'm trying to find a "work around".

My wife has an old PC that we're planning on replacing with a good Mac. Maybe I can use that?
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
neomad

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An old PC will surely work, but you need to be sure that Korg drivers will work into it. It's not a question if power but compatibility (you do not need a new pc to run this editor or sq one)
Cheers
Matt
Chrutil

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeremykeys wrote:
Awesome, Chrutil!
On another note, exactly what do I need to be able to use the editor with my Kronos? I'm talking hardware here.

Any basic PC, Windows XP should do (not tested by me though)
There are no performance critical parts of the editor, it is using straight forward 1990's style bitmaps for the graphics and the communication just need a system recognize MIDI interface to work.

The majority of the code is just the custom controls for the user interface, to port this to an iPad would basically be a rewrite, but you can certainly steal the engine definitions and a lot of the communication code straight out, and build a new tablet user interface on top of it.
The hard thing about this project was not writing the code though, it was laying out the user interface for the hundreds of parapeters of the AL-1 engine in a reasonable way, and positioning and testing every single parameter... The polysix engine was added in a day of so, since there were no question about what it would look like.

Cheers,
C
Korg Kronos 88 #444 /3GB, MU modular synth, PPG Wave 2.3, Modal Electronics 002, TTSH, Oberheim Two Voice Pro, Deckard's Dream, Kijimi, MatrixBrute, Access Virus KC, Ensoniq EPS, Korg Microsampler, Behringer Model D, Behringer Pro~1, Roland JP-08, Roland VP-03, Roland JD-08, Roland TR-8, Akai MPC-X, Roland TD-12 V-Drums, Fender Precision Bass, Martin Custom D Guitar, Sterling JP-60 Guitar, PRS Santana SE Guitar (signed), Logic Pro X, Pulsar P900 Series, Arturia V Collection 6 as well as various iPad & soft synths.
Download the Korg Kronos AL-1/Polysix Graphical Editor
TheWolf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a bunch for the code. I'll try and have a look at it during my vacations and see what I can learn from it. As written before, I am tinkering with the idea of writing some Linux based software for the Kronos. I will certainly contact you before I put out anything related to your code.
ricciolino

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so awesome job, that's the editor we were waiting for! not that useless reproduction
I hope that Korg engineers take notes or even better Korg offers to you a contract of employment Very Happy
thanks for sharing
SKung

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can host the source code at sourceforge to make sure the code won't get lost:
http://sourceforge.net/

Other big open source projects like LibreOffice or filezilla use this service, too.
levioter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chrutil !
It seems that the AL1 editor is no more recognizing the Kronos till the OS 3 update !
It's a pity because this Editor is amazing !
Do you tihink you can modify it in order to have it working properly with OS 3 ?

Thanks in advance !

Cheers Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: