Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

audio from ipad2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ferchis
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:50 am    Post subject: audio from ipad2 Reply with quote

I've seen a lot of guys use their ipads on stage with different synths, but I've never known how they get the audio OUT of it!!

so, what kind of cable should I use if I want to use it live and get the audio out to the FOH?

cheers!

Kronos 88 - Korg M50 61 - Morphwiz - Alchemy synth
ferchis
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing so far? I tried the other day to use a simple stereo cable from the headpones out and it sounded quite well. Is this the best way to do it? Would I have enough volume coming out this way?

Pepperpotty

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just use a standard 3.5mm jack cable with mine and I get pretty good audio when connected to my monitoring speakers. As far as I'm aware this is the only option but I haven't really looked in to it much as I'm happy with the set up I have.
Paulinko

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends upon what equipment you're using to amplify the output from your iPad. Some musicians use midi to control other devices and don't really need the audio output from the iPad. At other times they'll only want a mono output to drive synth vocoders for example. A small mixer can often be very useful to boost the signal enough for amplification. If you're using a guitar plugged into the 1/4" headphone/mic input, you may need to use a small pre-amp to boost the output from the iPad enough so you don't have crosstalk between the guitar input and the headphone output signals. You may want to learn about midi sync to make sure all of your apps and midi instruments play together. Whether or not your iPad is charging can effect how much noise you get.
ferchis
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I've tried a simple audio cable from the headphones jack in the iPad and it worked just fine, but I'm not sure about power, though.

guess I'll have to try it at the rehearsal room and see how it goes!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mac Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: