Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Karos Sample Library Purchase Problem..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pedro5
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Karos Sample Library Purchase Problem.. Reply with quote

Very recently got my k73 and am wanting to buy one of the Karos sound sample sets,but the Korg site will only accept payment using a credit card.
I don't have a credit,nor any chance of getting one,but I do have a bank debit card.Which in the UK at least are widely used for internet transactions,
without any real problems.

Korg have suggested I ask someone with a credit card to make the purchase on my behalf.
Not quite sure how this would work though as the transaction via the internet would be specific to my own details,log in procedure, e-mail plus home addresses
and the registered Kronos information etc.

I presume that after the purchase,a code will be sent for uploading into the Kronos and will remain specific to that keyboard only.

The dilemma is,that if a friend buys it on my behalf using their own credit card details via another computer,they would need to include my details,as said above,yes ?

Or……Would my friend need to use my computer with me entering my own details and then they would enter the credit card numbers etc.?

Would either these methods work…..or will the system refuse the transaction due to mismatched details ?

Any suggestions,please.!!!!
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest the 2nd option you write about - use your computer; you do the log in, input all your details (you want the code to travel with you in the future), and when the moment comes, get your friend/family to input their credit card details in to make the payment.

That way when you log-in in the future you're the registered purchaser of the libraries eg if you have hard disk fail, and need everything re-installed, you want to be able to access those library codes again... (but being the K you shouldn't have to worry about that for a while - I've got a 5 year old old-style hard disk OASYS which hasn't failed yet - [touches wood like mad... Wink ])
pedro5
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.
I also thought that it could be computer tied somehow.

Contacted Korg and they say this can be done via any computer by logging in with my details,then whoever has the credit card can enter their number etc.
The key code will be sent to my e-mail address and I would be the actual "owner" of it.

It seems that either method can be used,so,with a little bit of trust between friends or family members,shall choose whichever method that'll be the most
convenient at that time.

Now then.....Who do I know that has a credit card....??..... Smile

Best Wishes.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an idea….

“02” the mobile phone operator here in Ireland have free credit cards you can “Top Up” with whatever amount you want to spend.

Just put the funds on the card as you would for buying credit for your phone, and away you go shopping online.

With you being in the UK, I bet they have them there too.

Regards
Sharp.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: