Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Event Data Recording. How to erase from Song Mode?!? EMX-1SD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
souldjir809

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Event Data Recording. How to erase from Song Mode?!? EMX-1SD Reply with quote

Please help me guys on this one, cause i like my songs to have alot of movement. And sometimes i make mistakes Smile

In the manual it says : Press Shift and press and hold the Erase/Reset buttton. Did this and recorded data still remains. I try it with even holding erase button for a minute, and tried it 20 or so times with carefull reading trough manual!!

I am really thinking about getting back my money and returning the EMX, because it is a really important function for me. Altough i think i would regret later, cause i like this device very much.

Thank you!
Olivander12

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Event Data Recording. How to erase from Song Mode?!? EMX Reply with quote

souldjir809 wrote:
Please help me guys on this one, cause i like my songs to have alot of movement. And sometimes i make mistakes Smile

In the manual it says : Press Shift and press and hold the Erase/Reset buttton. Did this and recorded data still remains. I try it with even holding erase button for a minute, and tried it 20 or so times with carefull reading trough manual!!

I am really thinking about getting back my money and returning the EMX, because it is a really important function for me. Altough i think i would regret later, cause i like this device very much.

Thank you!

I think you want to erase motion sequencing data, right? For that purpose, you have to hold shift and press step button "6". After that, you can choose the part whose motion data should be deleted.
neotechtonics
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might need to be within the pattern itself and in pattern mode to do this. Not sure about song mode. Never used it. And if you are wanting to erase note data, play the pattern while holding shift and back/erase it will delete the notes as it plays thru them.

KORG GEAR: EMX1-SM -- EMX1-SD -- KAOSS PAD3 -- MICROKORG -- KAOSSILATOR PRO -- NANOKONTROL1
OTHER GEAR: Roland SP404, MC303 -- Akai MPC-2500 SE -- Zoom R16 -- effects pedals -- DJ-gear -- Access Virus B
souldjir809

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am not sure i recorded it as motion sequence data... when i am in song mode, i just choose the position where i start to record and press "record" then play it. motion sequence button doesnt blink...

there is a specific section in the manual about the motion sequence recording and erasing. and a specific one for recording/erasing in song mode. which they made it logical to my mind that those are two different features and options. but ill try to erase the motion data. altough, i think motion sequence data applies only for a patterns lenghth. i say again, i think, and i will try out your suggestions.
FreshHorses

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the data recorded in song mode does not affect the patterns at all. If I remember correctly, you can only erase ALL automation in song mode.
souldjir809

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, FreshHorses. That should be the case. But apparently it isnt. Does it work for you? And whats your way of doing that??

p.s. i accidentally sent you this reply as a pm message. i apologize for that.
Galderic

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same question. In song mode is not possible with shift+erase apparently.

I think that is other combination of buttons, and in instructions is not explained.
nevadinova

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump! Has anyone ever found out how to erase/change event data in song mode? cause I'm still wondering in 2017... Question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: