Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Needs Great Guitar Patches Now
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KorgisKing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Kronos Needs Great Guitar Patches Now Reply with quote

KingKorg the Kronos has Great Pianos,Strings,Bass,Drums.We Need Great Guitar Patches Now. Could u please let us know that we will get Great Guitar Patches before u put out another library of sounds 4 sale.Thats the only thing missing Some Guitars that will kill that yamaha thing. A friend heard my Kronos & said if it Had better Guitars he would buy 1 today. Cool
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean like this? LOL:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=73597
KorgisKing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BasariStudios wrote:
You mean like this? LOL:

Good Job. My Ensoniq Eps 16+ from the 90's Had Great Guitars and the sound files were less than 10mb. The Kronos is a beast. There's no reason it doesnt have some of the best Guitar patches in the industry. KingKorg show them whose King. Cool

Last edited by KorgisKing on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I happen to really like the Kronos guitar patches. JMHO
Favorite Gear: Kronos 61, M3, Z1, Radias, KPro, KP3, Moog Voyager, Foogers, Virus TI, Jupiter 80, Integra7, GAIA, SPD-30, Kiwi 106, RE-201, MC808, RC505, MV8800, DSI P6 and OB6 and P12, Ensoniq SQ80, EMU MP-7, Eventide H7600, Eclipse, SPACE, Pitchfactor, Timefactor, Looperlative LP-1, Axe FX Ultra, Nord Modular, DSI Tetra, Tempest, PEK, JDXA, Eurorack Modular, Octatrack, MDUW, Monomachine, A4, RYTM, Waldorf Q Phoenix, MWXTk, Blofeld, TR8.
bobbybland

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think Basari did a great job. I'd love to have some nice ones like that in the Kronos.

Another thought, being that 70% of my sounds come from plugins,such as samplers like Kontakt as well as Mach Five 3 etc.. are samples from Orange Tree Samples. I don't lack great sounding guitars,because of this, but it would be great to have some well scripted, or better yet programmed guitars in the Kronos.

Alot would have to change in the architecture though,for this to be possible.. At the end of the day I think my Motif XS guitars are stronger, n this is what leads me to believe that with the Kronos, it can n should be possible, with the addition of OS 2.0 I could see the potential for some great sounding stuff due to the size n support being added.

Hold tight n I'm sure some new stuff will come soon. Wink
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KorgisKing wrote:
BasariStudios wrote:
You mean like this? LOL:

NO. My Ensoniq Eps 16+ from the 90's Had Great Guitars and the sound files were less than 10mb. The Kronos is a beast. There's no reason it doesnt have some of the best Guitar patches in the industry. KingKorg show them whose King. Cool

Why don't, instead of demanding that everyone else do it for you, take the time to either sample your Ensoniq from the 90s or better yet, learn how to use the synthesizer you bought and build something better yourself?
::: Korg Kronos 88 ::: Alesis Fusion 8HD ::: Kurzweil PC361 ::: Roland V-Synth ::: DSI Prophet 12 ::: DSI OB-6 ::: Korg Prophecy ::: Moog Micromoog ::: Yamaha CP-30 ::: Alesis Andromeda ::: Moog Sub37 ::: Sequential Prophet 600 ::: Korg MS2000BR ::: GSI Burn :::

My Music
KorgisKing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BasariStudios wrote:
You mean like this? LOL:

Basari I meant 2 say yes great job. Could U tell us how 2 get that sound it would b a good start 4 us out here dying 4 some better guitar patches & if anyone else has Great Guitar patches please let us know how 2 get them. Cool
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think it would be easy to get this sound. My luck is that my cousin is
a pro Guitar player and he also owns a full blown Guitar Studio with tens of
Racks and Guitars. Now if you gave all that to me i am not a Guitar Player
and wont know much what to do except basic Sampling. He knows tricks
and stuff about Sampling too especially about Guitars. It took us months to
do this, lots of Guitars, Amps, Cabinets and Plugins involved and tried.
A great deal in this was also played by IKM Amplitude 3. The FX are not
from Kronos, they are already embeded in the Samples, on Kronos only some
basic FX enhancements.
KorgisKing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeebustrain says Why don't, instead of demanding that everyone else do it for you, take the time to either sample your Ensoniq from the 90s or better yet, learn how to use the synthesizer you bought and build something better yourself?

If I knew how 2 sample/program great sounds I would do it & also I would post them here so every Kronos owner would have them. Whats wrong with sharing sound patches. Cool

Last edited by KorgisKing on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobbybland wrote:

Alot would have to change in the architecture though,for this to be possible.. At the end of the day I think my Motif XS guitars are stronger, n this is what leads me to believe that with the Kronos, it can n should be possible, with the addition of OS 2.0 I could see the potential for some great sounding stuff due to the size n support being added.

I agree, the Motif XS are about the best workstation guitar sounds out there currently IMO.

I am planning on doing a (possibly commercial) Guitar Library for the Kronos myself. I'm waiting with baited breath to see what kind of control there is over the streaming parameters and how RAM efficient it is. I still need to look over the controllers and more deeply into the Kronos architecture to see how "playable" I can make articulations while keeping RAM efficient. The first project will be more of a "metal" thing. I'm very excited to give it a go!

The only downside? Time. With a full time job, gigging 100+ shows a year, a house, and family it will be a challenge. Add to that the sampling sessions with very LOUD (well, at least to household members) guitars being sampled at reasonable hours and keeping things setup long enough to ensure consistency will be a task as well. Then there's editing, making the multisamples and setting up streaming and programming. The project I have in mind is going to be a LOT of work. So much so that I have to do a test run just to see what I'm in for! Probably something that wouldn't be available til at least Christmas.
KorgisKing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Basari & NuSkoolTone my wish is 2 do all of my production in my Kronos & I only need better guitars that's not 2 much 2 ask from KingKorg. If I come across any great guitar patches I will let everyone here know about them & I hope that there r others who would do the same. Thanks everyone Cool
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please let us know AFTER you found them and not any longer BEFORE, please.
I doubt that there is anyone in this forum who hasn't noticed your wish by now! Rolling Eyes
KorgisKing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NuSkoolTone ur the Man I wish u much success. Dist Guitars thats what i'm talking bout. I have the original sound disk from my Ensoniq Eps 16
+ but i know nothing when it comes 2 converting them 2 sf2.
KorgisKing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
Please let us know AFTER you found them and not any longer BEFORE, please.
I doubt that there is anyone in this forum who hasn't noticed your wish by now! Rolling Eyes

R u a Genie Laughing
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KorgisKing wrote:
jeebustrain says Why don't, instead of demanding that everyone else do it for you, take the time to either sample your Ensoniq from the 90s or better yet, learn how to use the synthesizer you bought and build something better yourself?

If I knew how 2 sample/program great sounds I would do it & also I would post them here so every Kronos would have them. Whats wrong with sharing sound patches. Cool

I did a bit of research on the particular Ensoniq board you mentioned. It looks like it didn't have any sounds of it's own and it all had to be loaded externally. You should be able to take those old samples/sounds and use something like Chicken Systems Translator to convert them into SoundFonts. Then you can import them into the Kronos.
::: Korg Kronos 88 ::: Alesis Fusion 8HD ::: Kurzweil PC361 ::: Roland V-Synth ::: DSI Prophet 12 ::: DSI OB-6 ::: Korg Prophecy ::: Moog Micromoog ::: Yamaha CP-30 ::: Alesis Andromeda ::: Moog Sub37 ::: Sequential Prophet 600 ::: Korg MS2000BR ::: GSI Burn :::

My Music
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: