Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how do I save a sample?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: how do I save a sample? Reply with quote

Hi
I sampled my voice on the Kronos in sequence mode and it all went beautifully.

I saved all on disk and then rebooted. My sample has gone.

Why?

Cheers in advance
narf
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! Did you record your voice in an Audio Track in Sequencer mode? In disk mode, did you save Sequence as an .sng file along with the region data? When you rebooted the Kronos, did you load the song that contains the vocal recording back into the sequencer?

Kronos Ultimate Covers Pack
SoundsOfPlanet
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: how do I save a sample? Reply with quote

runningman67 wrote:
Hi

Why?

Cheers in advance

Hi
Your voice in wave or samples program.ksc ?

http://www.soundsofplanet.com/
one Man -one Kronos- and new sounds by Sounds of Planet

Last edited by SoundsOfPlanet on Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
narf
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: how do I save a sample? Reply with quote

runningman67 wrote:
Hi

Why?

Cheers in advance

Hi again runningman67, can you run us through the steps by which you recorded your voice? Did you record using the sampling record button or did you record using an audio track on the sequencer? These result in different file types and methods of loading.

runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi thanks for this......

it was using the sample record button. it was a 2 second 'word' for a dance track.....with delay etc. I saved to programme as a multi sample and it was all there and usable. I saved on the disc menu....save all......switched off and then rebooted and loaded ....all..... as usual. The sample was no longer playable. I know its me missing something or not ticking a box somewhere but I can't see where.
Shocked
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

runningman67
Lets assume that you recorded your voice (a sample was created) , then you created
a multisample with that sample and at the end you've saved ALL !

In order to load your recent user samples including your sampled voice
you must load the RECENT.KSC file you've saved or add it to preload options.
Did you include RECENT.KSC in loading ?

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you go to Disk mode and "Load" the PCG, a dialog opens and there are several "radio buttons" and "check boxes" you have to select to get all of your saved work loaded back up. The .SNG and .KSC files don't load automatically at boot up. If you have the PDF manuals on your computer, do a search. you should be able to find the infiormation you need.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS- this might help also...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukwEWdbOHYE
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PPS- somebody correct me on this if I am wrong...
When you do a "save all" containing samples, you will notice a dialog pop up while saving saying that the KSC file already exists, and it doesn't offer to overwrite like it does for a PCG, so, If I am not mistaken, your new sample doesn't get written to disk. I've had this problem in the past. I guess you have to save the sample separately with a new name, because a "save all" won't write a new KSC file. I don't do much sampling, and the little that I have one was was confusing and frustating. Somebody needs to do a GOOD video tutorial on this subject.
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still not happening at the mo. Thanks for your input.

This is what I want to do.

Turn on my Kronos
load my sequenced songs
make a sample and save to a user programme so I know where it is.
work on my song using the sample.

I want to be able to save it, including the sample.

Seems simple.

I'll keep trying and let you know. Very Happy
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you save 'all' or save 'sampling' you will get a KSC file which has to be loaded in order to get your sample loaded back up into memory.
PCG does not have to be loaded because the program settings are 'written' to a program slot. Unless you've changed it and want it back, it's safest to leave the PCG out of it for now.

The program will be pointing to a specific multisample # but that multisample won't be loaded until you load the KSC or KMP file.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronnfigg wrote:
PPS- somebody correct me on this if I am wrong...
When you do a "save all" containing samples, you will notice a dialog pop up while saving saying that the KSC file already exists, and it doesn't offer to overwrite like it does for a PCG, so, If I am not mistaken, your new sample doesn't get written to disk. I've had this problem in the past. I guess you have to save the sample separately with a new name, because a "save all" won't write a new KSC file. I don't do much sampling, and the little that I have one was was confusing and frustating. Somebody needs to do a GOOD video tutorial on this subject.

This is my experience to ronnfigg. but I need to sample for my future projects and I feel really dumb Rolling Eyes

waiting for that eureka moment Very Happy
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronos up to OPS v 1.6 do not overwrite files therefore you have to delete all 4
created files if you want to always save under same name, else save proccedure fails !

I suggest in case you have finished with your user samples to keep always two files
mySounds & mySounds.KSC, add mySounds.KSC to KCS Auto-Load list and save just for precausion
reasons MySET.PCG when changed (deleting previous one), since PCG will always be on board.
This way everytime you turn-on Kronos everything will be there !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V

Last edited by AntonySharmman on Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

runningman,
if you want samples to be automatically loaded at startup you have to go to Global / Sampling and add and check the KSC file to the autoload list of ksc files.
narf
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

runningman67 wrote:
Still not happening at the mo. Thanks for your input.

This is what I want to do.

Turn on my Kronos
load my sequenced songs
make a sample and save to a user programme so I know where it is.
work on my song using the sample.

I want to be able to save it, including the sample.

Seems simple.

I'll keep trying and let you know. Very Happy

Here's a couple of methods I can suggest:

Method 1: Create a New Program with your Multisample and use that New Program in your Sequence.

-Go to Sampling Mode

-Press REC and START/STOP Button and speak through your mic, press START/STOP when you're done. You've just created a sample, but this is still unmapped and does not correspond to any key on the keyboard yet.

-Press the Recording tab.

-Press the Recording Drop Down Menu and select Rename MS to "Spoken" or whatever you want to call it.

-Press the Sample field under Index. At the moment, it shows -------No Assign----. Press the arrow and a list with NewSample____0000-L and NewSample____0000-R in the first 2 slots, slot 0000 and 0001 are displayed.

-Select NewSample____0000-L and press OK. You have now assigned your sample to a Key on the keyboard. This defaults to C2.

-Press the Recording Drop Down again and select Rename Sample and name it "Word" or whatever you want to call it.

-Now you have a Multisample called "Spoken" with a stereo sample called "Word" located in slots 0000 and 0001. This is index 1 and it can be played by pressing the C2 key.

-Go to the Drop Down menu again and select Convert MS to Program. Name the program "Spoken Program" and save it to an empty user slot U-G001. Press OK. Now go to program mode and select U-G001 Spoken Program. If you go to the OSC/Pitch tab you'll see that it contains 0000:Spoken as the Multisample.

I have a feeling that this is where things go wrong...

-Go to Disk mode, Save tab and select Save Sampling Data and a window called Save Multisamples and Samples Data appears.

-Name your file "SPOKEN".KSC Select all and OK. You now get a SPOKEN.KSC file plus a SPOKEN folder containing the KMP and KSF file (If you just save One Multisample you create a Spoken.KMP file, if you select just one sample you have a Word.KSF file but lets leave that for now)

-Turn your Kronos off then on again.

-Go to program mode U-G001 Spoken Program and play C2. Notice that there's no sound. That's because you haven't loaded the KSC file that contains the relevant Multisample and Sample. Go to Sampling mode and you'll see that the multisample says NewMS____000-L and Sample says No Assign

-Go to disk mode and select SPOKEN.KSC and press Load. Select the second option, Clear RAM.

-Now go to sampling mode and you'll see that the MS "Spoken" is loaded and the sample "Word" is in index 1 assigned to C2.

-Go to program mode and select U-G001 Spoken Program and play C2. Now you hear your sample.

Here's the thing with the Kronos, if you load a different sample occupying slot 0000, U-G001 will play whatever occupies that slot regardless of what it is.

-Go to Sequencer Mode and assign U-G001 to one of the midi tracks.

-Record that track as you would record any other keyboard part.

-Save your song in Disk Mode

-Later, you can auto load the KSC file on startup in Global mode.

Method 2: Create a Sequence with an Audio Track.

-Go to Sequencer Mode and Select Audio Track 1

-Press Sequencer REC/WRITE and Start.

-After the 2 measure count in, record your voice. Now you have your voice in Audio Track 1.

-Go to Disk Mode and Save SEQ, a window appears called Save Songs and Regions Data. Name your song EUREKA

-Press OK, you now have EUREKA.sng file and a folder containing a WAV file for Audio Track 1.
When you turn your Kronos on, Load EUREKA.sng and it should all be in there.

Hope this helps:)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: