Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using M50 as midi controller in combi mode

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ACRIS

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Using M50 as midi controller in combi mode Reply with quote

Hello, I would see if anyone can help me use the M50 divided, in an area with sound Reason and another with a program of the M50. because I could not make the sound of Reason occupies only an area of ​​the keyboard.

would appreciate your help ...

ACRIS
jaripailamo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Using M50 as midi controller in combi mode Reply with quote

Hi,
to create a Combi that plays a M50 sound and a sound from external source (Reason):

*First you must go to P3 Timbre parameter page and select the midi status for timbre 1: INT = it plays M50 internal sound. The midi channel should be 1. (Global midi channel as default = 1)

*Then for timbre 2, select status EXT or EX2 and set the midi channel to 2. The same channel must be set in Reason. Otherwise it will not receive the command.
EX2 option lets you send also bank change command (MSB & LSB messages) out from M50. If you don't need to, use EXT.

*The rest of the timbres should be set to off, or if you need more sounds from M50, repeat the first step for timbre(s) 3...4....5....

*The keyzones (splits) are set in P4 page - "zone". You can hold enter and touch the desired key.

I hope this helps. Smile
ACRIS

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you jaripailamo, I help myself very much your response. Very Happy
jaripailamo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Using M50 as midi controller in combi mode Reply with quote

Nice to hear! Very Happy
Feel free to post further questions if needed, I'll be glad if I can help.
tonykey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am now successful to get the sound from XV 3080 by setting timble 1 to EX2, for example, i created the sound like Octave Piano combine 2 sound , one Nice piano from Roland and one from Korg and save it, the problem is when i switch to another comb then come back to Octave Piano, my comb gets no sound from Roland, what should i do then?
jaripailamo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the next combi to where you change, a Korg preset, or a preset you modified by adding a Roland sound to it?

If so, my first thought is that the next combi sends an unwanted midi message that "freezes" Roland. (Had the same weird problem with Triton TR and JV-1010.) Karma, arpeggiator or drumtrack of combi can send something that Roland doesn't like... Is it so, that after the error has occurred when you change the patch manually from Roland to the next patch, it plays again normally = receives midi again? If it is like that, I might be right.

Try to make couple of more fresh combis that use Roland sounds too, change between them and see if the problem disappears. Or try to set a midi filter in Roland's system settings so, that it receives only the commands that you need it to receive. There are also midi filters in Korg Global, could try fiddling those too. Each combi has it's own midi filters as well.

If these don't work, let's see if some other solution comes up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: