Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Updating firmware on nanopad 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kronos1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Updating firmware on nanopad 2 Reply with quote

Hi there,

Another gadget that sounds too good to be true. Jeez I can't believe these companies are still using crap midi language or at least haven't come up with decent software. I just sold a midi DJ set cos their midi support was useless and I got nowhere with it.

Anyway I'm seriously pissed cos I've bought another Midi gadget that doesn't work quite as well as those nice video demos.

I've just purchase Nano pad 2 and Nano Kontrol 2.

okay here goes.... I downloaded all the drivers firmware, software and serial keys for each device. I have Win 7 64 bit.

I installed the korg drivers as per their instructions. I had not at any time plugged in either of the nano controllers. Now once I had installed the midi driver as mentioned I then plugged the pad in and it was recognised straight away. All looked good.

I then unplugged it, held down the 3 buttons while plugging it in again. I got the flashing power button which means iit is now in update mode.

I now exctracted the firmware updater program along with the firmware file. However when I try to run it, it says Error :Found No Midi Port.

WTF !!..It's USB you piece of crap ....aaargh I'm seriously on the verge of packing these up and returning them as faulty. Any help is appreciated.

apologies for my rant... I just hate spending money on something then having to spend the next couple of weeks figuring out how to trouble shoot it cos the company can't be arsed doing a proper job themselves.

cheers,
Kronos1
kronos1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: it doesn't work at all Reply with quote

well after installing the midi drivers I went into the setup settings of the installed driver software. All looks fine it says nanopad2 device #1
midi in 1 / midi out 1 etc...

It still won't update the firmware showing error "found no midi port".

I then installed the Kontrol Editor library software V1.3 It displays a picture of all the nano devices but says it can't see anything connected.

I've uninstalled all drivers and software tried all the different drivers along with the different versions of the Kontrol Editor software. Ive tried them in different combinations. Every time the controller is recognised but thats as far as I get nothing else wants to communicate with it.
kronos1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: common issue Reply with quote

well after trawling all the previous threads it appears to be extemely common and no one seems to have a fix for it. It also appears that there are many people who actually have faulty devices.

It seems my thoughts on this were correct. Nice promotional videos but the truth is it's a cheap piece of plastic crap that's not very well designd or built, has next to no support, and the software and drivers are pretty much useless.

Hopefully the online retailer will accept these back. I'll just tell them they're faulty and get a refund.

So anyone looking to get these... unless your a midi expert and have money to throw away then don't waste your time....There's plenty alternatives out there.
mutmut

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shitt man!!! I have the same problem, someone could fix?
mutmut

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who are having this problem, just download the file here http://www.korg.co.uk/downloads/driver/dl_driver.asp

thx
Vikingo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mutmut wrote:
who are having this problem, just download the file here http://www.korg.co.uk/downloads/driver/dl_driver.asp

thx

Hi there... Same problem here. I've downloaded the driver from that link, "found no midi port" sill shows in the firmware update program.
The driver configuration app wroks fine and shows the device properly, but the firmware updater doesn't.

Tried different usb ports, the controller powered up using the upload mode, etc...

thanks all for your help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: